Ya 9/11

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Treetaliano, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    A soccer message board might not be the place for this, but I am going to do it anyways.

I just finished watching a documentary on RAI here in Italy about the events of 9/11 last year, and it never ceases to amaze me, that no matter how far away I am from home, that this always brings the reality so much closer.

Everyone remembers where they were, and what they were doing at that awful moment (I was sitting down to my lunch of penne all'amatriciana) our lives changed forever. Take a minute to reflect on that.

Take a moment to reflect on the fact at whether you are American, British, Brazilian or otherwise, that by and large we all have our freedom and that that day was a threat on that freedom.

I hope we all realize how lucky we all are.

I wish to send my thoughts to all the victims, and their families and I want to thank all my friends, on this board or elsewhere, American or not, for your supports this past year.

I also wish to say to my fellow countrymen and women back home, stay safe, and keep your diligence. As there will always be those who envy our freedoms and our ways of life.

-Tree

2. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    That's class, Tree.

I feel the exact same way. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. Looks like coverage everywhere all day long. :(