Y Bianchi?

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by argentine soccer fan, Mar 31, 2010.

1. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    When Boca is doing bad, rumors of Bianchi's return always pop up. When River is doing bad, rumors of Ramon Diaz's return always pop up. Frankly, both clubs are doing really bad and I wouldn't be surprised to see Bianchi and Ramon take over Boca and River, respectively, in June. My question is, do you guys think they would be the solution to the crisis both clubs are currently experiencing?

As far as River goes, I don't think Ramon could change much unless he were to be given a few good reinforcements. Boca, on the other hand, I think could improve a lot just with Bianchi's arrival. What do you guys think?

3. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Je, seria lindo que volvieran los dos, a ver si peleamos un titulo para variar.

Lo que tienen en comun Bianchi y Diaz es que mas que grandes estrategas son muy buenos motivadores. Yo creo que solo con la presencia ambos equipos mejorarian. Pero claro, no hay duda que ambos equipos tambien necesitan refuerzos y recambio.

4. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea I agree. Having Bianchi there I think would get everyone to play better, and like you say, he is known as a great motivator, and as a great coach i am sure many players would find it a dream to play under him.

But i remember he last time when it was talked of him coming back, he wanted to come back when he felt right, and didnt want to come back as a guy to revive them. Wasnt it something like that?

5. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree that both Ramon Diaz and Carlos Bianchi could make an instant impact but is that really saying much with how both these teams are playing. I also agree with locoxriBer that Boca could achieve better success but based on current form success would be consecutive wins. Ultimately for either of these guys to take the clubs to the highest levels will require a free hand to do as they please but more importantly money which neither club has an abundance of right now.

6. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Bianchi would have the impact that the club needs. He is a magician at making teams work.

Can you imagine playing a semis of Libertadores, at riBer, without any of our fans at the gallinero ... and make 2 kids like Alvarez and Ledesma not only play but kick 2 of the 5 pks to define the team that would move on to the final? His words are that of wisdom and street smart experience.

Without Bianchi's phrase: "el opimista del gol", how many goals would Palermo have scored? Bianchi created a monster ...

I have no doubt that Bianchi would make this team a winning team once again. Would buy waht is needed and would look inside the reserves to complement what he needs ... game by game.

7. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    According Marcelo Palacios, it isn't happening. Also he said that if the coach will be Schelotto then they must decide before next week, because he needs time to settle his exit from Columbus Crew, which he sees unlikely to happen, because it seems that at Boca they will decide once the Clausura finishes. He thinks Cagna will be Boca's next coach.

8. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What Marcelo Palacios said last week about Schelotto may begin to make sense, on Tuesday or Wednesday people of Boca's club staff would be heading to United States to reach a deal with him.

9. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    What's this obsession with Schelotto?

10. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not sure, but the matter remains that if that's the choice it's Schelotto or Riquelme... However according various polls Boca supporters don't seem convinced about it, regardless of what could happen with Riquelme it must be because it'd be his first experience as a coach. Got to see what happens this week.

EDIT: Rather than this week, got to see what happens today.

Also on Infobae i saw this: http://www.mlssoccer.com/content/ba...ugador-de-columbus-crew-y-me-debo-plenamente”

What a surprise!:rolleyes: No wonder it didn't make sense, at first they said his contract EXPIRED in June, when sources pointed otherwise, then the thing of a clause that allowed him to leave on June.

11. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Guille has football smarts and understands the ins and outs of Boca so he has that going for him plus he is respected by many of the local players. Is that enough for him to jump straight into Boca's top job? I'm not sold just yet but Roman feels he can do the job.

The other guy Roman feels could do the job and apparently talks to regularly is Diego Cagna. Of the two I'd be more comfortable with Cagna mainly because he's already cut his teeth as a coach and hasn't done bad with what he's had to work with.

Considering that both coaching candidates supposedly have issues with Roman and vice versa I find it funny that Roman supports either one and speaks to one regularly. What would Argentina be without a bit of a telenovela?

12. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    On TN(So yeah...), went as far as saying that not only he'd want Riquelme off-the-squad, but that they must renew Palermo and Battaglia, and they Boca should begin to negotiate with Catania for Andujar, interestingly there's no mention on Ibarra, at the same time it's being reported that he won't come.

13. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Who do you believe if anyone at all. Both Guille and Cagna are smart enough to know what kind of player they have in Roman talent-wise. As far as personality issues, the only two players I've actually seen come out as directly quoted as having something against Roman were Caceres and Pires. Everything else is speculative bullshit from supposed insiders. We'll know when we know.

14. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think Marcelo Palacios was right on the beginning i think it'll be Cagna, regardless of Riquelme leaving or not. Either that or a name that isn't on anybody's plan(Bauza?).

The matter is whole thing of people from Boca going to talk with Schelotto personally probably was to convince him of coming regardless of Riquelme, as it's right now Riquelme has a bigger acceptance among Boca's people than anybody else, even Palermo. So letting Riquelme's contract expire without a renewal would have a huge political cost for Ameal and the rest.

Also Ameal wasn't the one going to USA to speak with Guillermo, unlike what some sources claimed.

15. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Television writers couldn't even come up with this stuff. I'm not sold that Bianchi is a definite no but I also feel it could be Cagna which I'm alright with. We just need to turn things around and put the past couple of torneos behind us.

16. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The situation of Bianchi is that he'll do it if Ameal decides to be a candidate on 2011, and let's him do certain picks on certain places of the club managment, so he wouldn't do it for now. At least that's what it's said.

17. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That's way too long to wait considering the state we are in. I'm not expecting a sudden turn around this torneo but I'm not 100% sold that next semester we will be much better. I feel we've signed well and have some quality kids as well as excellent veterans but we just aren't entirely clicking.

18. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Alves gone...

Even though Schelotto has said he wouldn't be become Boca's coach just now, he would give a definitive reply on Tuesday.