Review: XSL Champion this must be a joke more like Extremely Stupid League

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by cardshopmd, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Soccer-Man

Soccer-Man New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    100% agree. This is what I said earlier. The 3rd best attendance team in the NISL is right there with the best attended team in the XSL.

2. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    And another way to put it is 40% of NISL teams draw less than half what teams in the XSL draw.

3. DavidP

DavidP Member

Mar 21, 1999
    Powder Springs, GA
    But that's the problem. There is a "right" way to slide tackle, but it's not being done. A good, clean, slide tackle is a work of art.:)

4. FutsalFan

FutsalFan Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Prestonsburg, KY
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    soccerman - when you have PASL-Pro teams (and even some PASL Premier teams) getting better attendance numbers than an NISL team, you should be embarrassed to even mention attendance figures. If the NISL is the superior indoor league in the nation, then it shouldn't have ANY games outdrawn by lower level leagues. So in the future, talk all you want about how great the NISL is, but leave attendance figures out of it. It only makes you look foolish, yet again.

5. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Futsal Fan...

Mass should be relegated to the PASL, as their attendance figures and play on the field pretty much equals the entire PASL. Don't know why the PASL didn't try to "recruit" the Twisters.

6. FutsalFan

FutsalFan Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Prestonsburg, KY
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Mass would be a .500 team in the PASL. But at least they will win more than 1 game! Mass Twisters are just like Soccerman.... They both want to hang with the big boys, but once they get on the field of play they end up embarrassing themselves more often than not....

7. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    very good points...

I really think not only did Ed Hale want one more team than the XSL, he has wanted to expand to the Northeast for quite some time now. Boston is too big for indoor to work. Possibly try Rhode Island (Providence) Hartford or maybe even New Hampshire.

If Mass cannot seriously improve their roster, their attendance (and I'd say move to a nicer arena) they should only be giving one more year or be "kicked" out. If brings the entire league down.

People use the argument that dates needed to be filled when Orlando folded... I don't buy that. Baltimore and Philly could have played each other another 4-5 times. (it's only a 2 hour bus ride!)

8. Soccer-Man

Soccer-Man New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Ok, I'll take the bait. There are minor league teams in baseball that outdraw some pro teams on any given night. Should those "major league" teams be relegated to the minors. KC, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, DC, Cincinnati, Miami,Tampa Bay, and Oakland (who by the way doesn't even see sell seats in the upper deck anymore) draw poorly during large stretches of the season.

There are times that the BLAST has more people in the stands than the Orioles. I remember when the BLAST would routinely outdraw the Bullets and Capitals. I remember when the Sockers chased the Clippers to LA. I remember when the Comets chased the Kings to Sacramento. I remember when the Force would draw on par with the Cavaliers.

The point is, not all "major league" teams outdraw minor league times. The example are endless.

9. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    How are things 25 years ago? You think times may have changed in some places?

10. FutsalFan

FutsalFan Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Prestonsburg, KY
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You missed my point. You continually state that the XSL fails to draw fans. My point was, you shouldn't comment on the XSL attendance when your own NISL has a team that has lower attendance than any team in just about any (indoor soccer) league. I didn't ask for a dissertation about other sports. I asked you to just stop commenting on things that you don't know about. Like XSL attendance.

11. Soccer-Man

Soccer-Man New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Actually, I didn't miss your point. You made reference to the fact that there were PASL-Pro teams out drawing the Twisters. My rebuttal was that there have always been and always will be minor league teams out drawing major league teams.

12. Soccer-Man

Soccer-Man New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Merely example of Major league teams vs Minor (smaller) league teams in attendance. The examples are endless and not necessarily present day. Some are however.

Regardless of the time period, meaning is the same. There have always been and always will be minor (smaller) league teams that out draw major league teams. It's jus the way it is.

13. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    People rag on the Twisters for their lack of having a talented roster, small arena and even smaller fan base, however there are a few other aspects that me question their validity as a top flight NISL indoor team.

Among the numerous unquestioned aspects, the one that gets me is why do they continue to promote the AISL. Is this forshadowing for Mass to make the drop back to the AISL with the league making a comeback in 2009/10 ?

14. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    You're kidding me right?

another indoor soccer league in 2009-2010!