XM RADIO announces soccer coverage !!!

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Zitor, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Zitor

Zitor New Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Chicago
    After a successful world cup coverage and the amount of calls and emails they received for channel 148 and people asking them to keep it going, I have been channel surfing today and heard that soon they are going to release 148 for Soccer mixed with NASCAR, Golf and some other sports. I hope soccer doesn't get hijacked and we can have information for soccer from all over the world. Copa UEFA qualifying starts in September, and all the leagues are already warming up, there are big teams coming to play friendlies. There are programming to be made but hopefully the Soccer movement can keep gaining revolution.
    (If not I will go on with my plan "A", put my suscription on hold, until something better comes along, or check if the competition gets it something alike going on)

2. dcochran

dcochran Member+

Feb 17, 1999
    Vero Beach, FL
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great news if it is confirmed! Nothing that I could find yet on the XM site. If they're able to keep some of the folks that covered the world cup, this is reason enough to have an XM account.

3. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So this is one of those promo commercials that XM plays?

Awesome if it's true.

Although XM currently has dedicated NASCAR and PGA channels.

4. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SIRIUS has NASCAR for the 2007 season. When XM dumps NASCAR that looks like more time for soccer coverage on XM 148, at least on the surface.

SIRIUS has play-by-play of EPL and World Soccer Daily. It'll be interesting to see how XM counters that.

5. Heartofmid

Heartofmid Member

Mar 20, 2005
    Acushnet
    Club:
    Heart of Midlothian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zitor, thanks very much for the info. My job really sucks and I had to depend on XM coverage of the world cup almost exclusivly, but it was a pleasant surprise. I thought the guys did a great job. Personally, I would not mind sharing the channel with golf or whatever as long as soccer got its fair share.

6. Frankgarrison

Frankgarrison Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Jackson, MS, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    anyone know when Sirius will announce its Premiership coverage for the 06/07 season?