Rumor: XFR (eX-Fire Related) JCO Could Be FIREd Or Closer To It After Tonight.

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by LocoGueroFutobolista, Jun 7, 2009.

1. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I actually hope they let him last through the rest of this season. We need more Eastern Conference teams carrying dead weight, not fewer. Additionally, I think firing yet another coach after less than 2 years will only make it harder for New York to find a replacement of quality in the future, and any future applicants will demand a larger salary as a "golden parachute" should the axe fall on them, too.

2. salparadisejr

salparadisejr Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Hollywood, FL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Karma is a bitch. I met her once.

3. snowblind

snowblind Member

Mar 31, 2002
    n side chicago
    Is that his wife's name? She won't be happy living in El Paso, when her husband gets hired to coach the USL club there.

4. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  5. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    And with that, Osorio and New York lost 4-0 to New England. Karma is indeed a bitch.

6. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

Wouldn't it be better for him to remain at the helm of the Energy Drinks (how many teaspoons of sugar?) while we play them? His ineptitude may out weight our own coach's.

7. burningfire

burningfire Member+

May 15, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Conde made the right decision

8. salparadisejr

salparadisejr Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Hollywood, FL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fix'd!

9. burningfire

burningfire Member+

May 15, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    nice !

10. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are we going to fire Ham and get him back?

11. MLS_RM

MLS_RM Member

Jun 25, 2003
    chicago
    Every player the great eye for talent AKA Juan Carlos Osorio brought from South America was a bust....except for one...

Wilman Conde!!!!!! I laugh myself to sleep at the thought

12. snkscore

snkscore Member+

Jun 24, 2007
    La Grange, IL
    Wait.... what about Wanchope?!?!?

:)

LOL

13. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it was up to Conde, he would have been playing for JCO at New York. It was Andy's decision that saved Conde from playing at New York.

14. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    (circa 2008)
    Conde: "Boss, boss, you brought me here, and said we were a 2-for-1 team! I have family in the Big Apple, too. Take me with youuuuuuuuu!!!!"
    JCO: "Kid, you're on your own. Blame the league's rules. I gotta do what's righht for me and mine."
    (circa 2009)
    JCO: "Kid, I'm going to Dallas. Let's say "Screw you!" to the Big Apple and the Windy City and tear up Texas!"
    Conde: "Boss, Texas sucks! I'm going to Mexico to make Millions in US cash."
    JCO: "Really? Mexico? Great! We can do whatever we want in that country in that league! No stupid rules and laws! When are we leaving?"
    Conde: "Boss, you're on your own!"

15. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Costa Rica (via England, Spain, Qatar, Argentina, and Japan) is in Central America, btw.
    [​IMG]
    "Hoye, Paulo, what's that loud squeaking sound? It sounds like an old rusty gate getting blown back and forth by the wind."
    "My knee."

16. ciudadcentral

ciudadcentral New Member

May 27, 2005
    Chi - ca - go!
    Mrs. JCO "Oh hello honey, I didn't hear you come in. How did it go today?"
    JCO (stares quietly)
    Mrs "Well my sister and I had a great time today, we went to the mall and had lunch at the new place by Bloomingdales. It was fantastic. Suzie got the Cobb Salad and I got the ....(her voice trails off while JCO looks off blankly) ... And afterward I bought you a tie, do you want to see it?"
    JCO "No."
    Mrs "Really, dear, it's lovely. It's striped and it has the team colors. You can wear it to your next game. Here take a look."
    JCO (stares quietly, walks to liquor cabinet)
    Mrs "It sounds like you're tired, dear. Listen you can rest up before we pick up my mother at the airport. Remember the guest bedroom's a bit drafty, so I told her that she can use our room for the week. So be sure to use that room if you need to take a nap"
    JCO (quietly pours a tall drink)
    Mrs "Oh, and listen, remember my nephew Jason? Well anyway his team is coming to the next game - when is it, Saturday? - anyway he told them that it would be OK for them to come through the locker-room before the game, get a chance to meet the players and all that. But listen, he says he needs 25 passes for the game. Do you think you can remember to do that or should I call the office for you?"
    JCO (slowly walks to the basement door with his drink)

1 person likes this.
  17. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  18. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  19. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    ^rep'd^

20. MLS_RM

MLS_RM Member

Jun 25, 2003
    chicago
  21. salparadisejr

salparadisejr Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Hollywood, FL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For me the funniest thing in all of this is how that Jersey bastard Ives has been completely silent on the matter. It either shows how much of JCO's balls Ives got in his mouth, or it reveals how much of a corporate mouthpiece he is for the organization. Must not want that press pass to get revoked...

He's talking everything but JCO. Look forward to his recap on last night's Open Cup 1st round. Also looking forward to someone else's recap after they get blasted @ Toronto. :p

22. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have aquestion for you guys they both suck ass as coach's, but who would you rather have as our coach:

Hamlett

or

JCO

If JCO wife's didn't want to move to New York, JCO would have still been our coach for better or worse.

23. salparadisejr

salparadisejr Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Hollywood, FL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    JCO did seem a much better coach when he was with us. We were generally more organized than we've been under Denis, especially for set pieces. But he has completely lost the plot in NY with that terrible roster (made more terrible by his moves). Imagine if he'd had brought all those terrible, overpriced South American players to our squad and cut someone useful like a Segares or something. Yuck.

Hamlett gets the edge on roster decisions. His first 2 major moves were moving Soumare back to his natural position of CB, and bringing Thorrington in as a regular starter. Osorio never would have done that.

JCO left a talented squad and historic organization for the joke that is NY, either because his wife wears the pants or because JCO fancied making a bit more money per year. Who the hell wants someone so ethically-challenged and with such questionable judgement round here?

I know folks want Denis gone, but honestly if we avoid just a handful of defensive errors and improve our finishing a bit, we would probably be ahead of even Chivas in points right now. Denis isn't at fault for Soumare's and Pause's brainfarts, though he rightly should be criticized for not benching them due to said farts. And please give McBride a rest, the poor bastard. Denis isn't perfect, but like I've said, there is nothing better available now or in the near future.

Denis wins this hands down. :cool: