Xerez CD vs Real Madrid | Liga BBVA | Matchday 22 | 13/02/10 [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by El-CapitanoR7, Feb 9, 2010.

1. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Xerez vs Real Madrid
    Estadio: Chapin Municipal
    Date:Saturday 13th February 2010
    Time: 20:00 CET, 14:00 ET

[​IMG]

Xerez can't be happy that Cristiano and Higuain are back.

Key Players:

Renan will have to pull off a spectacular performance to keep his team in the game.

Ronaldo will have to prove he can step into a team that have broken curses.

What happened last time
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiqcN9Wvubo&feature=related"]YouTube- Real Madrid - Xerez 5-0 Liga BBVA 20.09.09 all goals & highlights HQ[/ame]

Possible Starting Lineup

[LINEUP-4-4-2]Higuain,Ronaldo,Guti,Xabi,Granero,Kaka,Marcelo,Garay,Albiol,Ramos,Saint[/LINEUP-4-4-2]

3 points, no injuries, and then off to France.

2. jafo1972

jafo1972 Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    It will not be a blowout like the last match. I predict a 3-1 with no injuries and off to Lyon!!!!

3. babai_here

babai_here Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Lass should play 90 mins.
    What about Arbeloa?

4. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bummer that Benz is injured, and I remember the first encounter with sadness because that last goal was when Ruud got injured again...Glad Garay is back, let's get a solid win and stay healthy for the CL.

5. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Marcelo's 100th Real Madrid game should see him start. I don't think Pellegrini will be thinking much about his defensive tactics in this game , he wants an early goal so the team could rest, Marcelo IMO is easily the better option for this game.

6. stratocaster

stratocaster Member

Mar 24, 2008
    Edinburgh
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  7. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    realmadrid.com are reporting a 7 day recovery time, it could also be less, depending on the work he puts in.

8. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    When has Marcelo started in place of (i.e. benching) a healthy Arbeloa?

9. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It hasn't happened yet, but with his 100th game in hand, and the underwhelming opponent, I think it's fair to say Marcelo should start at LB.

10. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I dont think Pellegrini cares about Marcelo's 100th game as much as the 3 points.

11. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I personally think the 3 points are easier with Marcelo on the pitch, Arbeloa doesn't do much offensive work on the left side of the pitch.

12. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    Well that's a lie. I've seen him make runs which would make Messi jealous, step overs and all, from the left and the right. He has really surprised me as I wasn't too hot on his signing in the summer, but now I love the guy.

13. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No, it's not a lie, it's my opinion.I don't care if you like it or disagree with it.

14. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    That's great, I'm really proud of you. Unfortunately this is a public forum, so I will be letting you know when I disagree with your opinion, and I don't care if you don't care.

15. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Your free to disagree with me, I just think your choice of words " lie :p" was a bit strange.

Anyways, I'm sorry for going off-topic more than once the last 24 hours, I'll stop commenting as it seems to aggravate some people. Enjoy the game folks.

16. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dont take it personally Capitano, its just that your opinions were a bit outlandish. I am not aggravated by your posts though.

17. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    Now thats an understatement...:rolleyes:

18. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    So which match numbers give you automatic starts? Let's say Pellegrini's lucky number is 87, do you automatically start your 87th appearance for Madrid? Since we have 9 CL titles and 31 liga titles, should every player's 9th and 31st appearance be a start? Just looking for clarification on our numerology policy.

19. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm sorry, but Ronaldo is just sick. It is true that he is my favorite player, but i just cannot see any comparison with Messi vs Ronaldo. Ronaldo is on a different level. Messi has incredible talent, but if you put Messi on another team then he would look a lot different than he does on Barca. Messi is currently on a team which is playing at its absolute optimum capacity. If i didn't hate them so much, it would be a beautiful thing to watch. But put him on another team, and you will see what i mean. Has anyone seen any Argentina games lately? Now compare that with Ronaldo, put him on any team and his class shows...but i digress.

I think that this team is continuing on a season long metamorphisis into top notch form. They are not there yet, but you can see the progress. When Ronaldo came back and Kaka was out, everyone was saying how good Real Madrid is even with Kaka out. I read posts about how Kaka was no good and VDV should start, etc. Now that Ronaldo has been out 2 games and the team looks great, the same ridiculous talk about Ronaldo. How the team may play better without him, etc. It is all CRAP. This team is finally starting to figure out each other. With Ronaldo back, Kaka playing great, and the others all starting to fit together (does anyone remember how much Alonso sucked at the beginning of the year compared to now?), this team will continue on its path to greatness.

I've watched every single Real Madrid game. Fans tend to have the disease of now, in the sense that they don't factor in variables with equal measure through time. That is, something which happened 2 months ago doesn't have anywhere near the same weight as something which happened 2 hours ago. Because of this disease of now, they talk about how the team may be better without Ronaldo (an insane comment). They look for little RECENT things which can explain why this team is playing so great lately, instead of looking at bigger and more important, yet subtle factors, such as this team is finding its chemistry together. That's why i think everyone will be shocked at how great this team plays over the next few weeks with Ronaldo back in the lineup.

I'm trying to look at this with the most unbiased mind i can muster, and I'm telling you that my prediction is that Real Madrid is going to win the Champions League this year. They are that good. Of course, when i say that, i mean that they have the highest likelyhood of any other team, including Barca, of winning it all. Looking at the English Premier teams, I don't think any of them have a shot. Everyone is always afraid of them, but i just don't see the class with those teams. The Italian teams don't have a shot either. Bayern is playing very well, but i still don't think they have the talent. I think it will come down to Barca and Real, and i think Real will be the better team by then.

20. raulista___7

raulista___7 New Member

Feb 9, 2010
    capetown
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    South Africa
    no man marcelo aint startin, a healthy arbeloa will always start ahead of marcelo. can't see him starting, sorry...
    and benzima is not a problem. i think raul gives a lot more than benzima. so if he misses the lyon game it will not effect us in any way.

21. babai_here

babai_here Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree with the first part.
    I can't for the second. You can't compare Raul with Benzema.
    Raul has much more experience and also a lots of Goals but not in form.
    Benzema is in better shape than Raul (A little bit though).
    Though if Ronaldo and Pipita are fit, both Benzema and Raul probably won't get the chance to start for us.
    For the last 20 mins it really depends on the situation if you need experience or youth in the middle..

22. raulista___7

raulista___7 New Member

Feb 9, 2010
    capetown
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    South Africa
    i agree but not with all of it. obviously a player fit is an advantage. but BENZIMA IN FORM? you must be kidding me! his only good games up till now are against valencia and deportivo. he sucked against espanyol in the last game.

raul is what we need in champions league. he had a great game against esponyol and we can always rely on him.

23. LuisFabiano

LuisFabiano New Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Agree with Raulista there, Raul has more CL experience and always seems to score in that competition. Add to that his desire shown in the Espanyol match which superseded Benz's, we would miss him more than Benzema if Raul was the one injured.

24. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    Marcelo has the flu, so he didn't train, along with Metzelder and Benzema. Pellegrini called up four canteranos to join the first team, those being Mateos, Marcos Alonso, Cristian and Nacho.

25. babai_here

babai_here Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You did not get me.
    I tried to mean Benzema is playing better between these two players and Raul is not.
    I have not discussed anything about CL match, who should play and who should not.
    And I also believe none of them is badly required right now if both Pipita and Ronaldo are fit enough.
    For the last 20 mins you can try Raul if you need the experienced guy else Benzema.
    BTW, against Espanyol Benzema was not fully fit it seems, though he was not in great touch like Pipita.
    Where as Raul has played better last day but for the last few months he is having very poor form.
    I am not telling that don't give him chance but its better to use him in La Liga to get his form back than throw him in an important CL match and expect result.
    That my thought which does not matter.
    But MP usually uses Raul in almost every match for 20 mins as a sub without any luck till now (This season as a SUB) ...
    The reason is simple for me.
    Get him back in form.
    Give him match practise.