Wynalda on the Fire

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by feuerfex, May 29, 2004.

1. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Interesting paragraph from his latest piece (regarding the Crew game).

"The Chicago players seemed to be acting as if they couldn't wait for the game to be over so they could go have a beer and a laugh about how bad they had played. Andy Williams showed up to play, but the rest of them looked like a Sunday league pub team with a hangover and a somewhere-else-to-be attitude. That really bothered me."

Seems like I attended a match like that just about a week ago.

And it bothered me too.

2. Waldo hit this right on the head. Aside from the following, San Juan Jabloteh @ home, Saprissa @ home (second half only), and MetroScum @ home, most of the team has played the 2004 season by mail. Right now the Fire Reserves offer better entertainment value. Dial it up lads, find the lost huevos. TONIGHT!

3. djaeb2000

djaeb2000 Member

Jun 6, 2000
    ~~~Arsonists~~~
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Originally Posted by feuerfex
    Interesting paragraph from his latest piece (regarding the Crew game).

"The Chicago players seemed to be acting as if they couldn't wait for the game to be over so they could go have a beer and a laugh about how bad they had played. Andy Williams showed up to play, but the rest of them looked like a Sunday league pub team with a hangover and a somewhere-else-to-be attitude. That really bothered me."

Seems like I attended a match like that just about a week ago.

And it bothered me too.

-It seems like to me that there are a couple of guys playing the full 90, but I need all 11 to play-

Williams/Beas/Ring/Armas...These are the only guys I can think of. Dipsy gives it all when he's out there.