Wynalda compares flares at Toyota Park to SoCal Fires - Impact?

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by 4mybroRRT, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    I hope ESPN gives Waldo a one hour review show for next year ... His "controversial" style is perfect for that kind of setting.

But under no circumstances should he ever be put in a commentary booth again. He has some sort of attention span problem that drives me up the wall sometimes. I hate it when he takes 5 poorly formed sentences to make a point when the point could have been made with 5 words.

2. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I would so tune into that show. They could put it right after Rome and call it Wynalda is Whining*

*for the record I love Whino. He may let fly the occasional stupid comment... but he also has the guts (or lack of self-control) to say the stuff that needs being said on the air where people can hear it even though alot of you estrogen-oozing politcal-correctness-ophiles wouldn't say it to yourselves in the dark of night.

3. KevinLin

KevinLin Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Wynalda is one of the best people you could have on a MLS game. He is the type of color man that will get more attention from casual viewers. He is the Charles Barkley of US soccer. And I like him for that.

4. drc003

drc003 Member

Jul 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least when Charles Barkley speaks his mind on what he thinks most of the time it is a good take. When Wynalda does most of the time he is way off the mark. The guy is an idiot. The people getting upset about the flare comment are silly but that doesn't change the fact that EW is a moron.

5. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also Chuck Barkley stands by what he says. After Waldo popped off about Jim Rome, he went on Rome's show a few days later and backpedaled.