Wycombe - QPR [R]

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by art, Mar 21, 2004.

1. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wycombe 2-2 QPR

"surreal" afteroon, in the words of Olly.

http://www.qpr.premiumtv.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,10373~23586,00.html

Considering

a) it's a point on the road, when both Bristol and Plymouth lost and we still have a game in hand v Plymouth

b) the conditions, which contributed to three of the four goals scored and left us 2-0 down at the half

and

c) our results v Wycombe the past couple of seasons have been far from positive or predictable,

then I think you have to be satisfied with the result, if not happy about it.

2. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

4. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

God dammit, that's at least the second time this season Plymouth's done that. Oh well...Plymouth can go up, fine, as long as QPR goes with them I dont care. I do sort of hope Bristol City goes too, for all my relatives who follow them...as long as they end up doing it through the playoffs.

5. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate to give up points against the worst team in the division -- at least Bristol City was kind enough to let us extend our lead by one point. Huge match at home against Luton before going to Bristol City the next weekend.

Bristol City plays Tranmere on Wednesday, so we'll have a game in hand again, but could also drop to third place with a Bristol City win. A win last Saturday by Rangers would have allowed us to keep our lead no matter what plus have a game in hand. Damn.

(Sorry I didn't have a chance last weekend to post the info I've been posting at the start of the match thread -- got too busy on Friday then was out of town on Saturday).

6. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Hi all - a few words on Wycombe (sorry I've been slacking on the reports). There was only one winner here - the wind! It was surreal - ball could not get into the air without becoming a boomerang. We must have won the toss and thus kicked into it in the first half - cue Wanderers dominance. Although they did have the wind advantage - we probably should have not conceded both goals. If any blame can be placed it would have to be handed to the slow Gnohere and Carlisle (who looked to be really labouring). Have I ever mentioned we REALLY need Dan Shittu?! Now with Forbes possibly out, we're really struggling for pace at the back.

Second half was COMPLETELY dominated by the R's - possibly more so than any other half of the season. We could have scored 8 - but ended up with 2. The second was fortunate as a gale blew Rowlandinho's cross over the keeper and into the top corner. First goal was notable for 1) a good finish from Gallen, and 2) the fact that I was walking back from the gents and happened to be standing right behind the goal when Kev chipped it in. I knew I'd be on camera when the ball went in and proceeded to spaz out behind the goal so everyone could see me on Sky Sports News. Check out the QPR World footage - look for the eejit in the tan ski jacket jumping around like a ritalin kid - then running towards the players celebration - good laugh.

Good performers saturday... Rowlands (of course), Edghill (thank God we've got him back healthy), McLeod (was a threat) and Johnson (more confident, passed better). And welcome back Marcus Bean - good to see him come on in the 2nd.

Roll on the Luton pikeys. Has all the makings of a nasty, nervvy saturday. They don't like us a bit - plus with the Forbes incident, that will just add to the overall discomfort.