WYC Moroccan vs Nigeria - Disgrace [R]

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by YankBastard, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Those trains were demolished as a reaction to several things that happened that day. It didn't happen just out of the blue.

I'm sure every single Moroccan inside the stadium knew all about that :rolleyes:

I've read several Moroccan forums about this incident, and several people have been talking about 'beating monkeys', etc. I don't care they attacked riot police, but quite a few innocent people got beaten (and robbed btw). The fact that you can't see the difference either means you don't know what you're talking about or you're just another lowlife who thinks beating women and little boys to a pulp is the way to go.

This is where the real problem lies. Those poor Moroccan boys :rolleyes:

When a Dutchie hits a women in the street many people are shocked. I've seen Moroccans hit girls COUNTLESS times. Like I said, no respect. I'm sure there are plenty who feel the same way about it as I do. But unfortunately also plenty who obviously don't!

Which has happened SO OFTEN!

Yeah, happens ALL THE TIME!

I couldn't care less about stuff that ends up on the pitch.

I'm trying to explain the difference to you, although those 3 countries sport quite some wife-beating champs as well.

2. imp65

imp65 New Member

Mar 25, 2003
    sloburbia
    Never mind the "disgrace" referred to in the thread title, but the naked anti-Moroccan racism on this thread is the most disgraceful thing I've ever read on BS. What are the moderators thinking of to let this poisonous crap stay unchallenged?

3. bigdelta

bigdelta New Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Orlando
    Could not agree more.The moderators are a joke here for allowing the blatant racism to be posted here and not removed w/i a very short period.And go ahead moderators,flame me,add to my negative rep,red square me-just keep this board clean.
    Remember,it's not LIFE,just a board after all.

4. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Coming from a guy who's favorite club is Nazio...err excuse me, Lazio. :rolleyes:

5. astar24

astar24 New Member

Jun 27, 2002
    I happened to witness some of the events unfold on television, and I agree some of the actions of the Moroccan players and the fans were disgraceful but it seems to me that many of the posters on this board are using these events for an attack on the whole nation and all of the people of Morocco when it was a minority of the Moroccan people who committed these offences.

I honestly cant believe in this day and age how anyone can generalize a whole group of people because of an incident that involved very few people to me that is even more disgraceful.

6. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    ... mod's note ...

1) Anytime something like this comes up for discussion there's gonna be some innevitable nastiness. That's just the way it is. A thread on this kind of topic will never be "clean."

2) It's sometimes better to let posters call the shots on a thread like this - to a point. I think they've been doing a good job of reprimanding and correcting the more wayward posters. They've hardly let the "poisonous crap stay unchallenged."

3) I don't think things in this thread have gona (totally) over that line. Except for the stuff I deleted. But even at it's current level of discussion it won't be allowed to go on forever. On that note, perhaps you folks should be thinking about some final words for this thread.

4) Moderators are not jokes. They're stupidfaces.

7. imp65

imp65 New Member

Mar 25, 2003
    sloburbia
    Knave wrote: "Anytime something like this comes up for discussion there's gonna be some inevitable nastiness. That's just the way it is."

Oh, well that's okay then. We're discussing an incident involving troublemakers from one country, so that's an excuse to damn an entire nation without censure. As an excuse for bigotry it's one of the weakest I've ever heard. At least with out-and-out fascists you know what you're dealing with.

Knave wrote: "I don't think things in this thread have gona (totally) over that line. Except for the stuff I deleted."
    Here's some of the stuff you haven't deleted:
    Yank Bastard: “I mean't what kind of trouble went on? Was there rioting, fist-fights...hopefully some Moors getting beat down?”
    Dutch Master: “I personally am sick of them [Moroccans] and if you ask me we should either deport them or shoot them all.”
    Dutch Master: “I don't mind living with them IF they behave, but they obviously can't so they should fvck off.”

It's astonishing that a BS moderator will be right on the spot within minutes if someone commits the cardinal sin of going off-topic or (gasp) giving away the match score in a thread title. Yet if you advocate beating, killing or deporting an ethnic minority, don't worry, you haven't crossed the line yet! "That's just the way it is." Not even a warning, or a yellow card, let alone being outright banned. We should expect better standards on a message board claiming to represent the global "soccer community".

8. YankBastard

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, I was pissed from just watching the match when I wrote that thread. :eek:

9. bigdelta

bigdelta New Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Orlando
    Mumbled like a true Roma fan!

10. YankBastard

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go waive your swastica around, nazio.

11. Conejito

Conejito Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Groningen, Holland

12. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Maybe you should be living in Holland, because I understand a lot of what these posters are saying about the Morocans completely.

Yes, it would be foolish to generalise over just this incident, the problem is that it isn't just this one incident that gives Morrocans here a bad name.

You're kidding yourself if you think the Dutch people haven't been like this since before any bald headed homosexual political figure got murdered, the only thing that's changed is that they have less problems with expressing some of their more prejudiced feelings out in the open now.

13. Conejito

Conejito Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Groningen, Holland
    Not true. I have had very little problems with racism when i was young, the multicultural society worked quite well with people who assimilated quite easily, like surinamese or indonesian people.

But dutch society didn't deal that well with people who bring their own cultures, this society wasn't prepared for that. This country doesn't have something like an 'american dream' that can tie the newcomers to this country. Instead it left second and third generation newcomers alienated. Now you can deal with those problems in many ways and the easiest way to deal with a problem is by externalizing it, by saying it's not your problem, but someone else's and that you are only a victim.

That's the reasoning many dutchmen have chosen when it comes to integration problems. And it's not just old fashioned racists who have this reaction, but intelligent people too and people whose best friend might be the nicely assimilated surinamese guy from next door, people who don't see themselves as racist.

But saying the problem with moroccan youth is an exclusive problem of moroccan culture is like saying that american prisons are disproportionally filled with black people because there is a problem with 'black culture'. Few dutchmen would believe that, but it's the same reasoning. That's ofcourse where islam comes in handy. Dutchmen can tell themselves that it's a moroccan thing, because they can tell themselves there's an intrinsic problem with islam.

There is another reason I guess. Dutchmen have been raised with the thought that dutch liberal culture is exceptional and morally superior, and it's hard to leave that way of thinking. It's hard to say that our culture is as bad or worse in integrating people as other societies with similar problems. It's easier to externalize it, because that way you can still feel morally superior. And point the finger.

14. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    You and I have had different experiences then.

I don't think it's an exclusive problem, but I sure as Hell believe they have the major piece in that problem pie. I don't need whatever is shown in the news to make my opinion for that (although seeing Morrocans trying to make a saint out of somebody who got killed when he was trying to rob a lady ((justice)) saying he's not so bad and wouldn't hurt a fly only because he's Morrocan, even though he was already in problems with justice for a worse crime he committed that happened just weeks before, was priceless) I can see it all around me.

15. Conejito

Conejito Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Groningen, Holland
    Yep, those moroccans were dumb hypocrites with a completely false reaction. And the media was pretty quick in pointing that out. It's that kind of polarization that helps the spiral go down further. My point was to try to not to be part of that. Some poster before tried to say the same when he wrote that it's not so smart to think in terms of us and them, but was slagged off because of not knowing dutch society.

I'd like to turn that around. Him not being dutch probably gives him a less biased view of what's happening in our society, while we all too easily become part of a downward spiral.

16. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I'm not Dutch either, so how would my opinion be biased? Because I live here?
    That wouldn't make my opinion on this matter biased, just informed.

Which is what the opinion of that person probably isn't, especially when he talks about 'one' incident, when you and I both know the feelings towards Morrocans shown in this thread (and country) isn't just because of this one incident, but because of a multitude and mutlitude of reasons that don't all make the news like this one thing at that youth match did.

17. Conejito

Conejito Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Groningen, Holland
    To use the analogy I used before, there's a disproportionate number of black people in american prisons. There are also a lot of racist, extremist and criminal black americans, but you can't explain the former with the latter.
    Both are the result of a long history of marginalization. That's the mistake you make when you put those dumb racist moroccans in the equation.

When I advocate to stop thinking in terms of us and them, I do that because that's a norm you can put on everyone, whether dutch or moroccan.

18. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    ... mod's note ...

I think this thread has gone on long enough. If you wish to discuss this further I'd suggest the politics forum.