www.miamifcb.com is now Online!

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by u-17soccerfan, Oct 30, 2008.

1. u-17soccerfan

u-17soccerfan Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Looks like things are heating up for our South Florida franchise!

www.miamifcb.com is up an running. Sign up to become a fan or more importantly if your interested in season tickets. The more people we can get to sign up, the more we can show MLS that our city deserves a franchise.

Vamos Miami!

2. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Just signed up. And by looking at the name the team contest, it looks like the team wont be called Miami Barca

3. pabloM

pabloM New Member

Feb 21, 2004
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also signed up. Lets go Miami soccer fans. Let show our support. We want MLS.

4. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You never know about the name, but it's encouraging to see a name the team contest option there.

5. Miami_Soccer

Miami_Soccer New Member

Feb 27, 2008
    Miami FL
    I agree the name contest is very encouraging... It means they care what we think... but like I said before I am supporting this team no matter what.

FC WhateverIsFineWithMe Miami

6. pabloM

pabloM New Member

Feb 21, 2004
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I am just happy that we get MLS.

7. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Guys, start passing the word. Post it on facebook, myspace, etc. Send emails. Even if your friends dont like soccer, make them sign up

8. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we can all agree on that. They could call them the Miami Burger Kings and I'd support them... okay maybe not that far lol.

9. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Futbol Club Barcelona de Miami aka [FCB Miami] is not so bad of a name, we all knew that FC Barcelona would be apart of the new team's name with a Miami identity for marketing reasons in the area...it's about the product, but it's also about the money the Barca name brand generates for MLS as well as growing the FC Barcelona product in the Americas.

10. antnee7898

antnee7898 Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why would you write a "not so bad a name" if you could put a name you prefer?:confused: All who don't want Barca in the name put something else. Miami FC, FC Miami, Miami Fusion, whatever. But why Futbol Club Barcelona de Miami???

11. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Yeah, imagine the chants,
    VAMO VAMO,
    Futbol Club Barcelona de Miami

By the end of the word Barcelona, you're already out of breath. If theyre giving us an opportunity to give ideas about the name, then let's take advantage of it.
    I'll support it no matter what the name is, but still

12. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Futbol Club Barcelona de Miami" would be abbreviated to FCB Miami, I think that's what he meant. If it turns out to be FCB Miami, that's what it will stand for obviously.

13. pabloM

pabloM New Member

Feb 21, 2004
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What about
    Miami FCB
    CF Miami
    Miami
    Atlètic
    CD Miami

14. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    But still, VAMO VAMO FCB MIAMI
    VAMO VAMO A GANAR!

15. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You could just say Miami. I don't think anyone will have any chants that go "Let's go Seattle Sounders FC, Let's go!".. you either go with the city or nickname when referring to the team, not both. We'll just refer the team as Miami.

16. pb9000

pb9000 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lauderhill, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS have given Barca Miami only a few weeks to show that we have local support for a franchise. We need to convince MLS and its owners that we should have a team. Please show your support by signing up on the website. In the next few days they will also be taking deposits for season tickets. This project needs your support. They have asked for our help, now let's show them what we can do. Spread the word.

17. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey hot shot, I wrote "not so bad of a name" regarding the name on the new fan site. The site is Miami FCB, but when it's loading on my computer in the address section it says FCB Miami also...but who cares as long as Miami gets a MLS team.

18. pabloM

pabloM New Member

Feb 21, 2004
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fans lets show that we have local support for a Miami MLS franchise. We need to convince MLS and its owners that we should have a team. Please show your support by signing up on the website http://www.miamifcb.com/. In the next few days they will also be taking deposits for season tickets. This project needs our support. spreed the word to friends, family and co-workers.

19. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    So let me ask something about the deposits.
    Does it mean we already get a team?
    Why would I put a deposit for a team that might start playing in 3 years?
    Even 2, its still a lot.
    I would become a STH, but not this early. There's no way I can convince my parents.
    And if we dont get the team, what happens?

20. pabloM

pabloM New Member

Feb 21, 2004
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By you signing does not mean that you have to give them any money now. They just want to see if you are interested when they do come out with season tickets.

This is what Miami FCB is asking for
    Show your interest in season tickets

While we are not making season tickets available yet, we are accepting inquiries, and will do our best to accommodate your requests.

21. Call me Ralph.

Call me Ralph. New Member

Aug 27, 2008
    New England
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or, if FC Barcelona and Marcelo Claure are cleverer about the new club name, they wouldn't have to make the new name quite so blatantly a copy of the FC Barcelona name.

FC Barcelona is nicknamed Blaugrana, and Blaugrana, like Barcelona (and also like Bolivar, ie, Marcelo Claure's club, FC Bolivar), also starts with the letter "B"; so, make FCB Miami short for "Futbol Club Blaugrana de Miami" and you've got something a bit classier which can also be shortened to FCB Miami without making the new club look like too much of a pale imitation of FC Barcelona. :)

22. pb9000

pb9000 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lauderhill, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They actually are going to be taking deposits soon. Usually when teams do this they take a small deposit and if a team is not awarded then they return the money. I'll find out more details with my contact.

23. Miami_Soccer

Miami_Soccer New Member

Feb 27, 2008
    Miami FL
    ...I am getting season tickets anyway, and by signing up and giving a deposit now, I am making a statement to the team and the league; I will suport this team, and I believe in FC WhateverIsFineWithMe Miami Mls team and ownership.

I think if we really want this to happen we need to show this type of commitment...

24. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Yeah, I want to show my support too, but there is just NO WAY I can convince my parents to buy season tickets NOW. We're probably getting a mini plan, but not yet.

25. modenafc1912

modenafc1912 New Member

Jan 28, 2003
    Modena, Italy
    Club:
    Modena FC
    The first thing I myself noticed is that "name the team contest" which makes many of you think that FCB Miami is just a start and not the arrive.
    Apart from that, in the end of this page http://www.miamifcb.com/vision.htm there's an intresting confirmation: "...hope to bring MLS soccer to Miami for you in the spring of 2010"