WWE Steroids: S--t about to hit the fan

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by scaryice, Aug 30, 2007.

1. zippy85

zippy85 Red Card

Jul 4, 2007
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Pretty fit 60yr old then.;)

2. Midorit

Midorit Member

Dec 20, 2004
    Tokyo
    How about zippy85 for a daughter-in-law?

3. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

I read somewhere that the WWE is sometimes OK with their employees doing steroids, for 'legitimate' reasons.

See, if a person has been doing lots of steroids, their body slowly starts losing the ability to make the proper hormones (because they're injecting them in large doses). Their body physically needs artificial steroids to augment the body's depleted production of natural hormones/steroids. (perhaps see Jason Giambi as a possible example - a possible steroid user who stopped, and continues to have health problems).

Now, considering that a wrestler probably needs to be working years on the pre-WWE circuit (no steroid testing), using steroids to get big and impressive to get noticed and sign a contract with the WWE. At which point they medically need to continue using steroids, or their body might collapse.

So what should the WWE do? The wrestler is damned if he stops, and the WWE knows that their new employee would be at a health risk if he stops, but also a health risk if he continues.

A very weird situation, eh?

4. Flyin Ryan

Flyin Ryan Member

May 13, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's all going wrong. http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/headlines/default.asp?aID=20642

5. BigGuy

BigGuy Red Card

Apr 12, 2007
    How old is Ric Flair now 70 or 75 yrs old/ Retired to br a manager something like that.

6. HSEUPASSION

HSEUPASSION New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Duck, NC
    57, and by all accounts should be dead. Most men wouldn't survive that plane crash he was in.

He knows that, that's why he still wrestles. He loves it, and he's loving every minute he can get out of life.

He can do no wrong in the Carolinas though, especially Charlotte. Alot of Charlotte natives hold him VERY highly, it's arguable that he put that city on the map. He was touring the world and proudly announcing he was from Charlotte (although he had moved from Minnesota and the promoters wanted him to say Atlanta or New York) long before the NBA and NFL rolled into town.

7. BigGuy

BigGuy Red Card

Apr 12, 2007
    So I am 3 yrs older then him impossible.

8. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Don't think it's the media that's making an issue about the UFC's safety record. Put that issue more on the governing councils that regulate boxing.

9. DamonEsquire

DamonEsquire BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 16, 2002
    Kentucky
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw that with Mr. Beniot and the doctor hired by him. That blog post is spot on but my first rebuttle. Could the hanging have discolored the area of the brain. I am not going to say "concussions don't play a part." but with massive blood build-up. There could be some exposure which could make it out to be worse than reality.

CSI had a segment on last week and there was a concussion (guy in an airplane which freak out and he tried to open the exit passangers stomped him to death and got away with it. So the prognosis was to see if they wre right or wrong for not detaining him). Said the type of concussion would rub brain. Which with a crack could shave the layer of brain some. However I find it hard to believe that a crack can be more than a scratch. Its the brain but I guess. That is why you have to move away from those participants. I've had it. I think: Four concussions one I spent a week in hospital for dehydration. Skateboard accident there. It hurt but I felt I could survive and actually stayed home for about four hours afterwards. Got hungary ate some Pizza and regurdgetate. So went to the hospital and it was dehydration with a concussion.

So I guess its possible but he still could've backed away. He backed away in the ring when he was getting paid. He backed away out in society when he was getting paid. So he could've backed away at home and kept getting paid. Maybe he gave three chances and two passsed and a third time was outrageously hardcore. I don't know but I do know. He could've stepped away..

Again these muscle men work out an awful lot. Imagine carrying around 200 pounds Nornalities with getting up and sitting down, Add in somw weightliefting there is a way to get bigger. Its not for everyone but it happens. Soetimes it seems its to hard to get bigger and its that way for a reason. Anytime you are powerful. You can go on a power trip which could harm people. That is why its important to not loss train of thought. Everyone knows that but many chose not to grow around it properlly. Everyone also suffers in time of disstress but the point is to handle it best as possible. Heck even the military thinks minor head wounds are enough to keep you out of the entreance physical examinations....

10. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    This is true for some steroids, but not others...

And the health problems might or might not be related to the example you provided.