WWC19 USA v FRANCE Quarterfinal, pre/pbp/post

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by McSkillz, Jun 24, 2019.

1. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beachhead established 850 meters from Stadiom Parc Olympique Lyonnais or the nine other names it’s called. In 3 and 1/2 hours it will be Utopia.
    BE476475-50A4-4714-9ACC-FEC62C603EFD.jpeg
    • We have been here before
    • People who doubt us constantly look silly
    • Biggest stage by far
    • England will be crying at the end and they won’t be tears of Joy
    • I believe
    3E75C7F6-0F0E-497B-ABFF-C1384E8649F0.jpeg

McSkillz and jnielsen repped this.
  2. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This reminds me of a story I once heard about Sir Stanley Mathews:
    The first match after Sir Stanley retired there was concern about the winger that was to replace him. But in the first two minutes that winger won the ball and dribbled the ball down the sideline and delivered a perfect cross to the center forward who easily headed it into the goal. But that forward just glared at the winger.
    During the remainder of the half the winger repeated that performance two more times giving the forward a first half hat trick but each time the forward glared at the wing getting angrier and angrier.
    At the half the wing approached the forward and asked what was wrong since they had scored three.
    The forward practically screamed, "Those crosses were OK BUT Sir Stanley would have given them to me with the LACES OUT!!" ;)

blissett repped this.
  3. WorldCupfanUSA

None
    United States
    Jun 23, 2018
    But that's a big difference! Chastain threw off her jersey and hugged her teammates. That snob Rapinoe walks over to the crowd and throws open her arms like she's a GOD or something!

As I said I've never seen such an arrogant display in men's or women's World Cup soccer!

4. WorldCupfanUSA

None
    United States
    Jun 23, 2018
    #554 WorldCupfanUSA, Jul 3, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2019
    That's a perfect description! That arrogant {SNIP} runs over to the sidelines, throws her arms open like she's saying "LOOK AT ME"!!

I've never seen such arrogance in World Cup soccer before and I've been watching these since '99!

5. WorldCupfanUSA

None
    United States
    Jun 23, 2018
    Obviously I meant I can't think of any other player BESIDES Rapinoe who's had such an arrogant display after scoring a goal.

6. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    ...not sure if serious...

Edit: Oh, dear...another one.

Lloyd Heilbrunn repped this.
  7. Dfwsoccer01

Dfwsoccer01 Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    C
    Can you imagine what some of the celebrations would look like if football players were playing soccer. Lol I actually bet there would be some hilarious ones.

It’s just the arm stretched out...I’m godlike, that doesn’t impress me...

While I can get while some people got rubbed the wrong way with Alex yesterday, it was still clever and like that...

8. thegamesthatrate

Jan 9, 2007
    Actually, Chastain ripped off her jersey, slid toward the goal line where cameras were and flexed her muscles. Her teammates then ran over to hug her.

Listen, when it comes to off the field behavior and general conduct as a human being, I respect Chastain more.

But fair is fair. Rapinoe's celebration is no more arrogant than Chastain's. And I don't have a problem with either of those celebrations.

FanOfFutbol repped this.