WWC 2015 Canada tickets?

Discussion in 'Women's Fans and More' started by futbol014, Jul 31, 2012.

1. futbol014

futbol014 New Member

Sep 8, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    Like many, I am quite miffed that the Olympics women's soccer tickets were "sold out" a year ago and yet I have to look at half-empty stadiums on tv. So I'm now trying to plan really far ahead. Does anyone know who will be selling the WWC Canada 2015 tickets, and when they will go on sale?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

2. lovingthegreen

May 29, 2006
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have no idea the specifics, but I would guess that the WWC would be much more upfront on ticket sales. Not perfect, but much better than the Olympics in that manner. Ballpark idea, I would say the first tickets may be sold in 2013 or 2014.

3. euphio

euphio New Member

Apr 2, 2003
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm definately interested as well. We plan to take vacation around WWC2015 and would like to see as many games as possible.

4. futbol014

futbol014 New Member

Sep 8, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks for the replies--if anyone hears of anything, please post here. I'll do likewise.

5. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    The tickets will go on sale well ahead of time. Fifa's website will post all relevant information. Availability will most likely not be as big an issue. What becomes difficult is how you decide to structure your trip...staying in one city, following one team in group matches only, trying to anticipate where teams will play in the elimination rounds etc. Overall the ticket process worked fairly well for our group.

Some information on how Germany sold tickets for the last cup

The World Cup tickets were offered in several sales phases. During the first sales period from 29 October 2009 to 31 August 2010, only so-called city series tickets were offered. Each city series includes tickets for all games of that particular host city. The prices ranged from 30 to €415. In the second sales period from 17 February to 31 August 2010, so-called 20Eleven tickets were sold to groups of at least 11 people, offered at a 20 percent discount and directed primarily at schools and clubs. Single tickets for all matches were first sold starting 15 September 2010. The prices of individual tickets range from €10 to €200. On 18 March 2011, 100 days before the opening game, the last sales phase started, with all remaining tickets being sold in the order in which orders are received.[34]

6. lovingthegreen

May 29, 2006
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did they not offer a follow-your-team option in Germany like they do for the men's World Cup? I know that if I do go, I will likely do that for the United States - whether or not there is a package - and attend other games only if they fit into my schedule, etc. My priority would be the U.S. team. The only other possibility would be if I were to move to Washington state by then - which is possible - then I would consider a city package for all the Vancouver games.

7. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    They did not if my memory is correct. That said US Soccer was also selling tickets for the games as well so maybe they did. It was obviously possible to follow US during group play by purchasing the tickets individually.

We wanted to see the US play in a knockout round match as well as a group game. Here my plan failed. The group matches were selling very fast and I was concerned about not getting tickets so we gambled and bought tickets to a quarterfinal match in Augsburg without knowing who would be playing. (US had never failed to win their group afterall)...so we ended up missing the US - Brazil game in Dresden. :mad:

8. euphio

euphio New Member

Apr 2, 2003
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We'll be concentrating on Ottowa and/or Montreal only so we'll just see whoever is there. Anyone have any ideas where the semis and finals will be held?

9. CANAmerican

CANAmerican Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will be in the same boat as you. I can't wait until they announce where the semis and finals are. Some are speculating that BC Place or the Big O in Montreal will host the marquee matches.

Let's just hope Canada is nice and they don't put the US games in Moncton.

10. ottawasportsfan

Mar 18, 2005
    My guess is the American's will play out of Ottawa.

11. euphio

euphio New Member

Apr 2, 2003
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Curious - why do you think so?

12. bythesea

bythesea Member

May 27, 2005
    Ottawa is close to U.S. population centers. It has a bigger stadium to fill than Moncton. I would guess Winnipeg myself because it has a bigger capacity stadium, a smaller population base and less of a proven record of supporting soccer.