WUSA Officiating

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Tsunami, Jul 27, 2002.

1. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I started a thread on this some time ago, before the crash and restart.

It seems to me that the officiating by both the center referees and assistants has actually got worse this year.

Three of the cardinal rules for officiating in any sport should be:

Making consistent calls,
    not making calls if not completely sure,
    and being in position to make those calls (especially in the case of the assistants.)

2. Mike Lane

Mike Lane New Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Atlanta
    I don't think it's all that bad, not worse than last year. I agree that consistentcy is the main problem, both between referrees and among them. I think its sometime hard to second guess the refs on TV given the camera angle, and I've only seen 11 games in person. Many of my Beat fan colleagues agree with you, but it seems to me that soccer fans ALWAYS hate the refs. It's an imperfect game, with a lot of subjectivity in calls.

3. phats_away

phats_away Member

Jul 28, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    when was it ever good?

salazar, hunt and woo are horrid
    tonite's beat/courage ref wasn't much better (he lost control of it. otherwise carolina wouldn't have freaked out like they did)

4. PortlandPilots15

PortlandPilots15 New Member

May 23, 2002
    My world.
    ugh i know! i watched the beat/carolina game on replay today...the ref lost control and nonen was a wild animal. she could not be tamed...hope its the same ref fer the all star game. i wanna see millie kick nonens butt! muahahaha! ;)

5. phats_away

phats_away Member

Jul 28, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    perhaps you missed prinz tossing like 4 beat girls throughout the match?