Wu Lei : the Yao Ming of the football ?

Discussion in 'China' started by napolisoccer, Sep 27, 2013.

1. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Today Wu Lei has scored another hat trick. Since he is only 21, can become the Yao Ming of the Chinese football ?

2. Higinio

Higinio New Member

Oct 3, 2013
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Hello Napoli Soccer. I do not hesitate about who will be the Yao Ming of the Chinese Football. With no doubt we must point to Xu Xin, from Atletico de Madrid. I am an Atletico supporter and I must say that this player is amazing. I followed him in some training seasons with the first team and Diego Pablo Simeone and all coaches are amazed with this player. He will be called very soon to play regularly with Atletico first team. He is an amazing player, the best player of our young teams and he is only 19 years old. As far as I know Atletico has just extended his contract for another 3 years. If you want to know more about this player, just enter www.colchoneros.com (the most important website for atletico supporters) and check the opinion of all atletico fans. You will be surprised.

3. Zhou Jiabao

Zhou Jiabao Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Is Xu really that good? I know he plays for Atletico Madrid's youth teams but didn't know how much he developed or if he is capable of becoming a great player.

4. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    reminds me of li shuai, the dude who used to play for fc porto. they used to tout him as a good player. now he is back to guizhou renhe and slowly rot in the bench..

in another news: wu lei,by scoring three hat-tricks in one season, broke the CSL record.

5. Higinio

Higinio New Member

Oct 3, 2013
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    I must say that I do not know too much about Chinese Football. I only know some teams such as Shanghai Shenhua, Beijing Gouan or the great Guangzhou of Lippi. Regarding players, I remember seeing a great game of Wang Dalei, the goalie of Shenhua but I never really watched Chinese Football and my opinion can be not so accurate.

As an Atletico supporter who follows all the games of A, B and C teams and all young teams, I can surely talk about Xu Xin. I have been watching him for many years, since he arrived Atletico 4 seasons ago.

Xu Xin played 3 seasons with the Atletico young teams. He was almost always the starting organizer midfielder in all his teams. This is remarkable because Atletico young teams provide all the midfielders to the youth Spanish National teams (Oliver Torres, Calero, Dani Marquez, Borja Martínez...). It is remarkable that Xu Xin was the starting midfielder and he sent to bench some of the best Spanish young players. We have seen how scouts from Premier League, Calcio and Bundesliga have been following Xu Xin games week after week.

In June 2013, at the end of past season, Xu Xin left the u19 youth team and signed a professional contract with Atletico. Atletico refused to transfer the player to other La Liga teams. Atletico offered him a 3 years professional contract with a high salary and an exiting fee amounting 15,000,000 Euro !!!!!! He has started to train regularly with Diego Pablo Simeone at the same time he plays for B and C teams. Some well known players as Falcao or Adrian have already pointed to Xu Xin as one of the future stars of the European football. Xu Xin is not just a young player with an uncertain future, he is becoming an extraordinary player.

I think that he will play regularly with the first team before the end of the season, as soon as there is an available space for a foreigner in the team (La Liga only allows 3 foreigners per team).

We must consider that Atletico is now leading the Liga together with Barcelona, that they also lead his group in the Champions League, that they won every single game this season, and that they have won 5 major tournaments in the last 3 seasons (2 UEFA Europa League, 2 European Supercups and 1 Kings Cup). Brazil 2014 is going to be crowded of Atletico players (Villa, Mario Suarez, Koke, Juanfran, Filipe Luis, Courtois, Godin, Gimenez, Diego Costa...). We can affirm that Atletico has improved a lot lately. We have a very young team and a promising project. Atletico is nowadays one of the best teams in Europe and Xu Xin is becoming a part of this project.

If Xu Xin starts playing regularly for Atletico first team, and we see him regularly competing for these major tournaments, I think that with no doubt he can be consider the most successful Chinese player ever. And we cannot forget that he is only 19 years old !!!!!!

Excape Goat and ntg. repped this.
  6. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thanks for this fantastic new !!!

7. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What about Zhang Xizhe?

8. YLbowman

YLbowman Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    According to soccerway hes on the Atletico II squad but hasn't played a game yet

9. Zhou Jiabao

Zhou Jiabao Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Another young Chinese player who is very good. Your traditional attacking midfielder with great passing and vision. He can also put himself in a position to score a lot of goals as well.

10. Ventilan

Ventilan Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    #10 Ventilan, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013

Man, ITTF's number 2 and also a talented prospect at Atletico, impressive.

Lame jokes aside, I'm looking forward to see him play in the first team.