WTF is up with the Copa SUD!!!!

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by Argentine Futbol, Jun 1, 2005.

1. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    sorry, i was thinking bout the number of Conmebol members ;)

2. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    paraguay advanced to the 1/8 finals in the last 2 wc:s and got eliminated by tougher opponents on both occasions so how the f-k does wc performance say the opposite?

and about bribing. everyone knows that you have payed money to get nito libertadores. when your team took the venzuealn spot you payed money to get the chance. that was the only reason and you know it

3. El Cabrito

El Cabrito Member

Dec 22, 2002
    Ca
    Mexico advanced to the 1/8 three times, have won their group twice (harder groups than paraguay mind you) and scored more goals than paraguay in said WC, truly this has been documented at length in various threads...

So no oficial documents... I guess the magic bullet is alive and well...

4. HalfManHalfAmazing

HalfManHalfAmazing New Member

Sep 13, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Their arguments were lame and false. SA and NA are two distinctly different continents. Just because we are separated by a small strip of water doesn't mean that we're the same. Israel is IN Asia, and yet they compete in the UEFA because that's what confederation they are a member of. The Israeli football teams would CRUSH AFC teams, but it doesn't matter - different confederations.

5. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Israel competes in UEFA because its neighbors arent very friendly towards them and you would have lots of violence. :rolleyes:

6. HalfManHalfAmazing

HalfManHalfAmazing New Member

Sep 13, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm aware of why they compete in UEFA, the point is that they don't play in AFC tournaments.

7. El Cabrito

El Cabrito Member

Dec 22, 2002
    Ca
    So can you remind me again why surinam and Guyana play in CONCACAF??

8. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel
    bcause its a waste of time playing with them so we send them to CONCACRAP

anyway, i dont even know if they actually play with teams other than caribeans

9. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    a lot of surinamese players play in the Dutch league , edgar davids was actually born in suriname. ;)

10. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel
    yeah i know, but they prefer to play in the Dutch league and then make the the move to the national team

i bet they would like to play in the conkakaf

11. El Cabrito

El Cabrito Member

Dec 22, 2002
    Ca

Thats fine, i'm just citing examples of south american teams playing in other regional competitions... And I would like to hear your thoughts on that... any south american with any honesty would have to admitt that their federation is doing wrong by not having these countries play in conmebol (where they belong). Besides it follows your guy's line of argument... "Mexico doesn't belong, why can't they stay in their own region." if you guys where even serious about that argument then you would concede defeat and Shut the hell up about Mexico not belonging because they arn't from SA since you guys seem perfectly happy to let your teams play in other competitions. Unless that argument is just a front and you guys are really upset because Mexico is showing some of your teams up. Because you don't see Mexicans complaining about Colombia trying to qualify in 38 out of CONCACAF, or guyana and surinam, or even Brazil, peru, Bolivia, or Colombia in the Gold Cup...

12. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    well surinam aren't members of conmebol they are members of concacaf and thus they play in concacaf competitions

mejico are not and will never become members in conmebol. it is as likely as japan joining uefa. since they are not members they should not play in our tournaments

and about conmebol teams ni the gold cup we aren't interested in those tournaments anyway and we don't bribe our way in like mejico and no conmebol has a free pass every year to the gold cup like mejico has in copa america. and mexican club teams in libertadores must be the only club teams in the world that play in another confederations major club tournament

since confederations and regions doesn't mean anything to mejicanos why don't you send your teams to uefa competitions?

13. El Cabrito

El Cabrito Member

Dec 22, 2002
    Ca
    But they are part of your region... therfore it is a soth american team playing a competition where they don't belong.

Yet many conmebol teams play in tournaments where they don't belong... heck we have even seen conmebol teams try to qualify out of a difrent region, you don't see concacaf teams doing so...

Thats a great excuse... We are also not intrested in Libertadores and Copa America therfore its all a moot point...

Well I can tell you we have never tried to qualify out of a difrent confederation like other SA teams have... However I would like to pose the same question to the Brazils and Colombias of the world who also seem to enjoy the paydays of Copa Oro...

14. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    but they are still members of concacaf... just like mejico is and will forever be

i don't care about concacaf tournaments i care about conmebol tournaments and i don't want any mejicanos there. if you don't like concacaf inviting south korea and colombia to your tourneys then that's your problem and not mine. try to use the same argument to bribe your way into the asian cup and you'll see what type of response you'll get from the asian fans.

yeah back in the thirties right.... :rolleyes: i guess that's valid today huh? and also i'm no expert in ancient football history but i wouldn't be surprised if they were part of concacaf at that time just like venezuela was. however venezuela moved to conmebol as late as the fifties but since they unlike mejicanos are south american they are welcomed here. mejicanos are not welcomed. you are aliens.

you are not interested? that is why you payed the venezuelan fa to get a playoff spot to play in the tournament? it is called bribes my friend and anyone who bribes their way into a tournament is pretty interested in participating in it. and also concacaf teams are probably more interested about the occasional south american team participating in the gold cup (didn't south korea play some years ago?) to raise the level of competition than the other way around. no south american team send their a-team to those tournaments either

i don't care about concacaf tournaments. it's not my confederation and if you don't want any non-concacaf teams participating in it then it's your problem and not mine. concacaf could invite 10 teams from africa, asia and south america and it still won't change my view on concacaf teams participating in copa libertadores and copa america. i only care about our tournaments not yours

as said that was 80 years ago buddy and they were probably members of concacaf back then...

i don't give sh!t about gold cup or any concacaf tournaments. if you don't want south korea and colombia to participate you can rightfully complain about it. however i do care about conmebol tournaments and i don't want any alien teams participating in it. i want you out. i want every mejicano team thrown out of our tournaments and i'm not alone in thinking like that. if you feel the same about concacaf tournaments then that's your confederation and your problem. i don't care

15. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
  16. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
  17. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    easy, if south american teams could beat them, they'll be out of the competition and no complaints, mention it to Boca, sore loosers

18. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    crap !!, I just saw what happened at the bombonera, Im sure you make the german hooligans proud,

19. El Cabrito

El Cabrito Member

Dec 22, 2002
    Ca
    To clarify your point... you don't want Mexico because they are not from south america or not from conmebol?

So why don't you take it up with your confederation?? after all guest's must get invited.

20. El Cabrito

El Cabrito Member

Dec 22, 2002
    Ca

So basically south americans were just snobs and didn't want to play by the rules??

Not that it will happen but shouldn't this end any crap talking about Mexico not improving their region??

21. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    they shouldn't play in conmebol tournaments since they are not part of conmebol and mejico shouldn't be part of conmebol since they are in north america

clear enough?

i'm just expressing my disgust/disagreement in a public forum. the guilty parts are 2 mejico and corrupted conmebol directivos

and glorious mejico hasn't get past the octavos since 1990... just like uruguay, colombia, chile and paraguay has done since then...

my own federation is corrupted, that's the problem. money talks you know...

mutual understanding... is that the mejicano word for bribes? :rolleyes:

no you don't, it's obvious that you are very eager to see mejicano teams compete in our tournaments

says a mejicano who hasn't won anything in any conmebol competition ever... :rolleyes:

22. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    if you dont want CONCACAF teams in your tournament , tell CONMEBOL about it, i bet THEY would love to hear it................

23. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    alright, this is gettin old now, lets find something new to talk about.
    did anybody watch "la novela" last night? :)

24. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    the directivos love the money you put in their pockets that's all

25. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    What rules? The ones that let Kazakhstan be in UEFA?
    And Surinam and Guyana always were federated with Carib. teams. They don't want to be in CONMEBOL.