WTF? I mean really?

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by Dom. FC, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Can anyone please help me understand why we need a rambling, semi-coherent, 6-screen-long-first-post thread stickied and locked no less at the top of our board?

2. askum33

askum33 New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    because they asked for it.

But hey, they are trying to be helpful. So just don't click on it I guess. :confused:

3. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Yes I understand that Teddy's heart is in the right place but bad threads tend to sink into oblivion anyway - so how about just don't click on them? We have the verbal equivalent (IMO) of a junk car in our front lawn now, stickied there no less, and locked so that we can't even correct the ironic spelling of incompetent. ;>)

4. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    I guess the biggest question I have is, shouldn't WTF be in brackets?, i.e. [WTF]

:)

5. RapidStorm

RapidStorm Member+

Jan 30, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Actually, I think this thread needs an [R], because I haven't yet built up the energy to read through all of the volumes of the original thread, and reading this thread totally spoiled that thread for me.

6. askum33

askum33 New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    Oh, I agree.

But you can't teach class... You either have it or you don't. But who are we to judge?

Some like Monet and some like broken down cars in the front yard...

:p

Oh and shouldn't this thread have a "NRR" in it? After all, this doesn't have a thing to do with the Rapids at all. :D

7. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Sorry my bad, and shouldn't the other one say 'before you start a new thread' rather than "before you post"? (That's how I slid this one in btw.) And now we are well on our way to having two threads that make strangers that come around here leave thinking we are all 'retired' in a Borat's accent kind of way. ;>)

8. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Your own thread is proof to the contrary ;)

9. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Check back tomorrow at this same time, a watched clock will never boil or something like that ... ;>)

10. fhnkeeper03

fhnkeeper03 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    because of STUPID threads just like this one...

11. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Seems fitting given that most discussions on BigSoccer are rambling, semi-coherent and far to long.

After all, why tell people what to expect when you can give them a prime example?

12. askum33

askum33 New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    Hey, the way I see it, this is a discussion board right? So not all the discussions need to be intelligent. Some will be dumb ramblings - and that is okay.
    Why must an elietist standard be given straight up front when newbies can just learn the way we all have.
    Hell look at the way Jarek was treated.

And if you think this thread is that beneath you, why post? Just leave it to die.

But now that all have bashed this thread so greatly, I now will post one post, at least, in here to keep it at the top of the thread line.

13. chilistrider

chilistrider Together We Rise

May 9, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aw, I sort of miss Jarek. In the same way that I miss newnew. newnew was my new Jarek!

14. RapidStorm

RapidStorm Member+

Jan 30, 2005
    Denver, CO
    But do you miss Thiago?

15. deron

deron New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Centennial, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Jareks and newnews of the world will always be with us.

I take great consolation from this. Sometimes, in the middle of a hard days work when all I've heard is complaints from employees, customers, and anybody else with my number and everything has just gone generally wrong. I still have this little bit of consolation to get me through to happy hour.

I toast the Jareks and newnews. They are our a great reminder that the democratic spirit hasn't dwindled from existence.

16. scheck

scheck Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love this thread.

17. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    I hate to answer for her but I doubt she misses him as much as he missed the goal. ;>)

Now please could we get this thread stickied and locked so I can have had the last word in it? ;>)

18. askum33

askum33 New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    no Lock and no last word... let this live on!!!!!!

19. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This weekend I'm going to drink beer.

20. askum33

askum33 New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    thanks for that thought provoking post there Bonj.

Now on to WTF?!?!?

WTF is with grandma panties? If you have to wear them, fine, but can't one purchase the right size? Why do women have to wear them so that they bunch up in the back and hang out of their pants like a loose parachute? Seriously, get the right size gals.

And while I am on underware...

Guys. Boxers don't go with short shorts. I saw a guy that pulled out his 80's running shorts for a jog and had boxers on - to let his boys breathe apparently - and he looked like he had an apron on under his runners. Sure no one wants to see any flap, flap, flapping and slapping, but how comfortable can boxers under running shorts be? Gentlemen, get a clue.

21. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Wrong twice in the same thread!!! LOL :eek:

22. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Well ... if you can call that living.

Could someone maybe start a thread that says "Read This Before You Read This"? Then maybe sticky it and lock it with no posts whatsoever just to see if the board implodes? ;>)

Or maybe more seriously:

"Read This Before You Start a New Thread" (what I sort of think the other one was meant to be) with just a few easy to digest suggestions:

- This forum has a search function, please use it before you create a thread.
    - If you create a thread that does or will contain results keep them out of the title (even by implication) and include in the title an [R].
    - If you create a thread that is not Rapids related (this is subjective I know but do your best to decide) include [NRR] in the title (or maybe even put it somewhere else in the vast Big Soccer Universe where it is a better 'fit').
    - Bonus points for being concise, humorous, civil, and/or for references to FIRE CLAVIJO. ;>)
    - Don't expect to not be criticized, constructive and otherwise, this is Big Soccer, if you can't take it you better stick to Little Stay on the Porch Soccer. (Obviously kidding as there isn't one.)
    - Don't. Start. Vanity. Threads.
    - Don't play moderator if you are not one of our already quite capable mods.
    - Don't have any delusions of control over a thread just because you started it and fondly (but mistakenly) call it "yours".
    - Especially for thread titles look over what you have, try to keep it to one line (with more explanation in the first post if needed) and check your spelling and grammar. An 8th grade level of writing competence may shoot right over a lot of our heads (mine included) but why not have lofty goals anyway? Obviously we all make miskates but try to carefully proof read and/or shorten thread titles.
    - Lastly for more Rapids stuff:

http://www.coloradorapids.com/
    and
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Colorado+Rapids&btnG=Google+Search
    and
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_Rapids
    and
    http:// made you look and saved 5 more pages.con

- Put another way avoid pseudo-wikipediadosis, those that care already know, if they don't know but are here they can probably operate a computer and google.

On edit; Just forget it, lock this thread but don't sticky it so we can see how fast bad threads sink.

And if we have to have a junk car in our front yard (don't PM me to weakly try and justify it) but maybe think about popping open the trunk and planting some flowers in there (open the thread) so it has a use. Also maybe clean up the rest of the car's appearance (grammar and spelling, edit for content and brevity) and set a limit on how long it has to be in the yard, put an orange ticket on its antenna, will it be stickied there forever when any responsible poster already has a handle on what it tries to suggest and irresponsible ones don't care/won't read it or follow it anyway?

23. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What happened to all the people who used to complain about too many stickies?

24. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    I was told that in a "side discussion" with the moderators, that it was decided that the anti-sticky crowd, or in my case pro-fresh-new-posts up top crowd, would just have to deal with it. If you weren't invited to that meeting to help save the vitally important Colorado Rapids Big Soccer discussion board from itself and thread starting terrorists and stuff -- maybe you are being (scary music) downsized! (Have you seen other signs like other moderators avoiding you when you pass in cyber-hallways? Have they asked for your key to the Big Soccer imaginary Executive Washroom? Has anyone been measuring your computer for carpet and drapes?) ;>)

I hope not but you can't be too careful these days and it is awful timing for pulling your retirement plan as well.

25. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Keep watching, when you find me to be right twice you will have some news worth reporting on. ;>) But obviously don't hold your breath, the thing I'm most commonly right about is when I determine I was wrong.