WPSL Post-Season Thread [R]

Discussion in 'US Women's Lower Divisions' started by Charge!, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    The final four are shaping up this way:

East: New England (division champ) and Steel City (runnerup, as the latter clinched their spot in Agawam, MA by beating Maryland last night).

West: California; both they and Ajax America Women have one game left, but AAW has 33 points to the Storm's 37.

Central: FC Indiana (9 points) plays at Houston (8 pts.) this weekend, needing only a draw to be the division champion.

2. nordby1

nordby1 Member

Sep 4, 2001
    SAN DIEGO
    Club:
    Lillestrom SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Too bad that Ajax won't be competing in this year’s final four even though their only two losses were to the California Storm. :( This means that two of the league's biggest stars, Abby Wambach and Shannon Boxx, won't be there in New England for the final four along with former Carolina Courage player Brooke O'Hanley.

3. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    The WPSL final four are now set. Next Saturday in the first semifinal, Steel City will face California at 5PM while in the nightcap, New England takes on central division champs F.C. Indiana in Agawam, MA.

The third place game will be a week from today at 2PM and the WPSL championship will be decided next Sunday at 5PM.

4. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    WUSA alumni gatherin' in Agawam (feel free to add, and margin of error 100%):

New England: Mary Frances Monroe, Kerry Connors (PHL); Margaret Tietjen (NY); Rebekah Splaine (BOS)

California: Chastain, Sissi, Monica Gonzalez (BOS), MacMillan, Kim Patrick and Christina Bell (SJ),

Steel City: Mary McVeigh (PHL)

FC Indiana: Katie Barnes (SJ), Julie Augustiniak (ATL)

5. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm rooting for a Steel City vs New England final. I'm rooting for Steel City because it's a Burgh thing and New England because their leading scorer (Meghan Schnur 7g, 6a) is a Butler HS alum and her dad was my high school soccer coach.