wps news 5/8/09

Discussion in 'Chicago Red Stars' started by Fanaddict, May 8, 2009.

1. pressurecooker

Feb 22, 2009
    Boston
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah the Gold Pride's expectations seemed a bit too high. Looking at their prices they had the worst ticket packages and the 2nd highest ticket prices in the league. Not good in an area with such a high foreclosure and unemployment rate.

2. ciudadcentral

ciudadcentral New Member

May 27, 2005
    Chi - ca - go!
    I think these ticket prices are completely insane.
    Listen: <i>I</i> may pay $23 to see a WPS game, <i>you</i> may pay $23 to see a WPS game, and many people on this board would do the same. But there are not 10,000 that are willing to do the same. MLS and WPS just are not there yet. They've got to be reaching for the $10 crowd. Make it fun.

3. ciudadcentral

ciudadcentral New Member

May 27, 2005
    Chi - ca - go!
    Looking at their ticket prices - which are hard enough to find on their site - they are out of their minds! At this stage of the league, they should be working on filling the place with people, not trying to hit grand slams with $150 seats. It's womens soccer, not the NBA finals. They've got to put in a $10 general admission section, and slowly graduate the prices as you move in.

4. pressurecooker

Feb 22, 2009
    Boston
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The adjusted prices for the Gold Pride are:
    $95- for field seats
    $50- for the gold section
    $20- for the silver section
    $15- for the end line seats

Those silver seats should sell very well at that price which is the largest section. The end line seats I hope they have group deals for people. As for the gold seats, it is still a bit steep, but below what Chicago and LA charge. Their prices are now down to 4th in the league which is much more reasonable in their market IMO. Field seating is now in line with what the rest of the league charges.

5. dh898

dh898 Member

Sep 16, 2005
    Yes, but what about us poor suckers who paid full price for season tickets? Makes one think about doing that again!