WPS All-Star Game

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Cville K C, Jun 25, 2009.

1. hagabo_i_exil

hagabo_i_exil Member

Apr 27, 2004
    london
    Club:
    Umeå IK
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    No doubt! I can't imagine who they imagine would wear it unless paid or threatened? Umeå IK were in the toilet financially (tough cutbacks in staff because of the bad economy => no sponsorship sales. No home games for a couple of months due to the Euros breaking the season off => no cash coming in whatsoever) and until a meeting with sponsors yesterday were nearing bankruptcy, so Puma could probably very easily force them to wear anything as long as Umeå would get a ticket home. At least that will be my excuse for some of them wearing it :D

2. soccerbs

soccerbs Red Card

Jun 14, 2006
    Thunder!!! That was a honest and sincere thought to start a new thread since it has nothing to do with the all start game. So please don;t try and start something.

I am not interested in what the players wear.

I am interested in the league and how I feel that the future is not so bright. I am a believer we need new blood in the game both on the mens and women's. From ownership to coaches onto the players.

So please if i want a fight I can pick one myself but that was my thought so we could continue with the thoughts of the future of the league.

3. soccerbs

soccerbs Red Card

Jun 14, 2006
    And those two players who were fighting need to wear skorts!

4. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    LOL - too true! That fight is a classic, I would say they hit like girls but that would be insulting - girls punch WAY better than that. Heck, the average 4-year old can throw better punches than that.

5. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I was going to post a soccer fight with flying kicks last night, but got caught up in watching so many that I didn't when I finally commented here.

In light of the Boise State-Oregon college football game from last night, this video is even more enjoyable.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZVkxMBRuZA"]YouTube - GU15 Soccer State Cup 09 girls fight[/ame]

6. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I remember watching that match and seeing that "fight".. I was like, dang they fight like girls. I laughed so hard.

And every time Luis Fabiano touched the ball at the Confed Cup this summer, that was all I could think of..