WP Online Chat at 3 Today

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by DaniD, Nov 15, 2004.

1. DaniD

DaniD Member

Aug 8, 2002
    The 'Burbs
  2. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dear Bill,

Please take a walk down the hall and tell Kornhole that he's riding the wrong bandwagon.

3. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chat's started.

4. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    This is a classic answer from a man who didn't get on the United story in '04 until the playoffs started (not that I have a problem with that, since Goff is so clearly the man):

Willian Gildea: Nelsen, I don't believe, is a done deal. As to whom he thinks might be left unprotected, e-mail goffs@washpost. com and see what he has to say.

5. garbaggio

garbaggio Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Arlington
    At least he's talking and writing about soccer. See if he answers my questions about why today's nice front page article (by Mike Wise, not Gildea) kept referring to the team as "the United"!

More coverage is always good but we do know Goff is the man with the answers.

6. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well at least Gildea gets it. Note to Kornhole...

7. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope Gildea (and the WP editors) follow through on the DCU stadium support.

8. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I wonder why he didn't respond to my question:

Any chance that you, Goff, and Wise will talk some trash to Kornheiser in the Post cafeteria this week?

Thanks for the great coverage over the last week.

9. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I sent him a similar one. Something like:

Not to try to stir up stuff in the Post Newsroom or anything . . .but if you have a copy of the tape of the New England match, could you sit with Wilbon and watch it? Kornheiser seems like a lost cause; but Wilbon strikes me as someone who just plain likes sports, and therefore is willing to give a chance to something he wouldn't normally go for. And I can't imagine anyone who has any chance of "getting it" watching that New England match and not doing so.

10. neilgrossman

neilgrossman New Member

May 12, 2000
    Hoboken, NJ
    It seemed like he got the same 3 questions over and over again.

1. What's happening with DC's stadium?
    2. Will Nelson sign overseas?
    3. Who will DC protect in the expansion draft.

11. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DC United is doing pretty good with the Post sports section, In addition to Steven Goff, Wlliam Gildea and Mike Wise, George Salomon and Michael Wilbon have been pretty supportive of our beloved Team.
    Now if we can convert Tony K.....but won't bet my lunch money on that, though.. :)

12. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    No mention on ESPN's Pardon the Interruption. 2 DC columnists discussing sports for 30 minutes and no mention. Far to go before breaking through. Can you imagine all the trouble it'll take for journalists to become knowledgable about the league. The older ones are hopeless.