Wow, do you guys remember this??!!

Discussion in 'France: National Teams' started by Amerikaki, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Amerikaki

Amerikaki Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Queens
    I happened to come across this and watching the entire clip gave me the chills! To see a young Berkovich and Avi Nimny (who is still on the national team today) was incredible. What an incredible match overall, France's second goal is one of the nicest curlers i've ever seen! WOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5pZhyyCxfg&NR

2. Patchou

Patchou New Member

Sep 7, 2006
    I remember. That was a nice win for Israel. France had a lot of opportunities that rainy day, but Israel cleverly played the fast break and scored three goals this way. Yet, the worst was not this game; in my opinion it was the lost against Bulgaria. I did not forget the second goal of Emil Kostadinov at the last second of the game to beat France and thus kicked them out of the 1994 USA world Cup. Yeah, I remember this game Amerikaki….and it is a pretty depressing memory for the French.

3. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Thanks for the clip and all, but you'd be better off posting this in the Israli forum. I certainly wouldn't post the 98 final highlights in the Brazil forum, a bit classless IMHO....

4. Amerikaki

Amerikaki Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Queens
    I don't see why it is classless - it didn't happen yesterday, but 13 years ago. I thought we could look back and say 'wow' together but I guess you can't...good to see other Frenchmen can though...I did mention that France's second goal was beautiful and worth commenting on.

The loss against Bulgaria was pretty bad for you guys as well, from what I remember France needed only a draw from either of these games. This happened when I was 11 so I'm only going by what I've read.

Sorry if I've offended anyone by posting a memorable clip of football history...

5. iougs

iougs New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    MetroWest Boston
    cool clip, my friend.

As Jean-Pierre Papin would say: "bad days make you appreciate the good days even more".

6. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Ca fait un peu mal au derrière quand même...

7. impalemeplz

impalemeplz Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Sydney
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    lol@ desailly playing right back:eek:

8. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i remember that this loss really didn't cause any great concern... we said that we'd really outplayed israel, blamed it on the rain, on just dumb luck... and anyway we would only need a draw against bulgaria... :eek:

9. AllezParisAllezPSG

AllezParisAllezPSG New Member

Sep 3, 2005
    Manhattan, NY
    thanks for the link... that second goal by israel is just unbelievable! how did that happen... i was 8 years old then and don't remember any of that...

oh the good old days...

10. Amerikaki

Amerikaki Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Queens
    I really don't have any explanation for it, but for some reason the Israel NT gets highly motivated when playing France. It definetley is not any type of animosity towards the French, maybe it is because the French are so respected in the Football scene...but I can't believe that goal either, it's one of the weirdest one's i've seen. And that announcer screaming in the background just adds to it....By the way, that 2nd goal was kicked in by the then young Eyal Berkovic.

11. Ballon d'or Identity

Jul 27, 2005
    Yeah we do remember, even though it's painful.
    Still i had completly forgotten we lost both matches at the very end each time.
    Nice goal by Ginola though.