Wow at Zlatan Ibrahimovics performance today!

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by SectionX, Sep 8, 2007.

1. CDSANTACLARA

CDSANTACLARA New Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Fall River, MA
    I love it when the sweds say he is the best Swedish player before that he was a little Gypsey boy no one cared about

But I must admit he loves playing for Sweden

Great Player I swear if the Gypseys started their own team they would be badass

Ricardo Quaresma
    Van der Vaart
    Wesley Sjieder
    Adrian Mutu
    Cristian Chivu
    Banel Nicolita
    Jose Antonio Reyes
    Eric Cantona
    Freddy Eastwood
    Ibrahimovic

They would be bad ass

2. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Well I will put it this way, you can count the number of CMs to play for Man United that I rate higher than Scholes on one hand. You could count the number of players in the history of Man United that I rate higher than Scholes on two. If Paul Scholes had David Beckham's image, he would have been the player of the last decade.

3. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ugh, honestly, i think this list is awful. lehmann and van der sar, really?
    not too mention some of your positions are well off. plus, i don't know of too many inter fans which if given the choice of cambiasso, vieira, chivu, or ibrahimovic, take ibrahimovic last.

really, so 2005/2006 where he was maybe the 6th or 7th most valuable player for juve (and that is a stretch) and it was later revoked anyways, and he won the scudetto. I'm not going to get full credit there.

now you are going to far the other way. he is underrated on these boards to an extent, but then again we have seen this with other players. If you don't play well in euros or wcs or in the cl, then you don't get rated really high. the only domestic stage to really prove yourself on and possibly get full credit right away is maybe the epl, like berbatov and ronaldo, and even then that is not necessarily true (as in the epl, contrary to popular belief, there are underrated players there). others have to prove themselves on a world cup/euro stage or the cl. Not saying it is right or wrong, but if you look at riquelme and totti and others, until you play well on the big stage, people aren't going to rate you as highly, unless you play at such at an incredibly high level domestically over a period of many years, even the most harsh critic has to begrudgingly give you the credit you deserve.

if he proves himself on that stage over the next couple of seasons, the accolades will come, as he is still young. His skills are incredible (and i don't use that word lightly either as he can do truly mind-boggling things with the ball which for a guy his size is not fair), but it takes more than that, though, to be the best player in the world. Also he needs to do it multiple years in a row. he had very good 2004/2005, not so great 2005/2006, excellent 2006/2007, if he can string another great season on top of the last one, then i will really have to strongly consider moving him up there with the elite, top 10 players. until then, i personally put him a little lower. that's just me, though. then again, he is one of the few players that make inter watchable :D.

4. TheGrimSweeper

Jul 16, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Weird list, you rate Reina, Casillas, Lehman and Van Der Sar better then Buffon?

Vidic and Finnan better then Nesta or Cannavaro?

5. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Here to please.

Not yet but I'm hoping to get it down at some point this week. :(

6. Midorit

Midorit Member

Dec 20, 2004
    Tokyo
    Sorry but you're going a bit off-topic there,bud.

This thread is now officially about "Who's better,Ibrahimovic or Scholes?"

7. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    zlatan is a world class player no doubt about it..he is not the greatest finisher but all his other skills are world class..i think if he was english or brazilian he would probably get alot more recognition..

8. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    exactly. so much BS on these boards. He has played in 3 world class teams last 4 years and Real Madrid wants him. The season he has average he had personal problems along with bad groins.

9. Edgar

Edgar Member

Define Gypsey.

AFAIK, the only Rroma on that list is Banel Nicolita.

Mutu and Chivu are not Rroma.

10. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I believe he was racist.

11. CDSANTACLARA

CDSANTACLARA New Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Fall River, MA

No I heard Romours and Quaresma is a gypsey too but I taughth Mutu was a Gypsey???

12. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    well anyway, Zlatan is the best player I ever seen

13. Gendarn

Gendarn New Member

May 3, 2006
    So what? Does it bother you if they are gypsies?

14. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Zlatan is AMAZING! Wow, I mean Wow man, I can't even think of him without spacing out, and drifting into a day dream about his amazing talents. He's really taken Sweden to the higher level. I'd say he's nearly, and I mean nearly on par with Marcus Allback now. Wow. Dizzying Heights.

15. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    zlatan > rooney

16. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah man definitely.

17. Heinz

Heinz Member

Nov 19, 2005
    Evergreen State
    Then either you're a 3 years old boy or you need to watch more football man ...Zlatan is good, but to say he's the best is an insult to football.

Why in the world do u want to compare zlatan with that overated shrek (unless you are talking about their attitude)?? Being better than rooney means nothing. If you actually think he's good, at least try to compare him the like of E'to, Drogba, Henry....but not Rooney lolz

18. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get over your crush

He is a good talent but has not done much until this year still not top 10 striker

19. Midorit

Midorit Member

Dec 20, 2004
    Tokyo
    Most England supporters would take Emile Hesky over Ibrahimovic...

20. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    not done much until this year? Yeah those 17 goals in serie A last season with inter was bad :rolleyes:

21. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My bad last year he started to show what he could really do. But he could have been doing this good for a while now but has not

22. Heinz

Heinz Member

Nov 19, 2005
    Evergreen State

That's why England sux :D...It wasn't a long time ago that most England supporters thought Hesky was crap :D

23. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    dude he was excellent in ajax, excellent most time in juvve and now excellent in inter. I dont know what you want him to do, walk on water? But he is clearly top3 in the world.

24. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    We still do which was kind of the point of Midorits dig

25. Gendarn

Gendarn New Member

May 3, 2006
    I love how most english people who only follow the premiership think they know how good players in seria A and La Liga are. I live in England and I think it's kind of cute when the banter gets going. If Ibra was english he'd definitely be rated higher than Rooney, Owen and Hesky(!) !!