Would you want Moggi as your director of football?

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by lost, Jan 25, 2010.

1. lost

lost Member

May 24, 2006
    England
    This is a very strange one i just thought up. As his return to football is imminent, he returns next year, and given his record of (possibly tainted) success at Juve, would you City fans prefer him as your director of football to the current retard that is garry cook? He won countless titles in Turin, success in Europe, the world in his hands, until a couple fo dodgy phonecalls got taped and suddenly the world came crashing down. Was he guilty of cheating? was it a scam from the italian telecoms giants whose name is so memorable who also financialy linked with inter (i cant be bothered to look it up). who knows, and to be honest, who can be bothered to read all those transcripts. fact is , he may or may not have bribed and bullied his way to all that silverware.

also this Mancini might put in a good word or two with the sheiks, knowing what Moggis track record was like in Italy. If Moggi gave it serious thought I'm sure he could be convinced were City keen.

Furthermore, would it not be just absolute pantomime the kind of hatred that would then follow City were they to actually win anything.

Anyway, probably not worthy of much discussion, but a very, very , very outside slim as a whisker chance that it might maybe one day happen. In the not too distant future.

last point: are there any city fans, who would not be averse to actualy seeing Moggi bribe his way to City winning the prem 3 times out of 4 and getting city to 3 european cup finals in a row, as Juve managed to do in the 90s, followed up with many more league titles, would any of you complain, honestly?

2. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the Italian authorities weren't so absurdly suppine, Juventus would have been forced down to C1 and Moggi's ban would have been for life, and the rest of us wouldn't have to listen to goofball proposals like this.

It wasn't "a couple"; it was literally hundreds of calls, and their content left absolutely no doubt about whether he was cheating. He was.

1 person likes this.
  3. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ner.... your 100%correct. besides I think man united has cornered the lucrative "currupting referees" market for sometime now. can't wait for the 9 min injury time on wed. moggi would be proud!!

1 person likes this.
  4. lost

lost Member

May 24, 2006
    England
    hey, im also convinced he was guilty as sin, but i cant say this is categoriclly true because i wasnt there at the time or involved.

but you didnt answer the question, going into the 2011 season who would you prefer? cook or crook? for me, out of those two, moggi wins every time.

5. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What part of my calling it a goofball proposal did you not understand?

6. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    No.

I'd honestly rather win nothing by playing 'fair', then by cheating. What have you won by cheating? A trophy/league you weren't good enough to win on your own.

7. lost

lost Member

May 24, 2006
    England
    meh, i dont think cook has a clue what he is doing at city and if it werent for a contractual stipulation inserted into kenyons severance deal with chelsea and you would have had kenyon in charge by now. moggi might be a cheating bucket of filth, but he knows how to get big names to big clubs, and how to maximise the returns for the club on whichever 'functions' fall into his jurisdiction. cant say the same for cook. the man is a wally. anyway, just my opinions, and moggi would not be ideal. if you had a likeable or competent director of football i wouldnt be saying this, but cook is neither of these.

8. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Where has Cook fallen down apart from in press conferences?

Tevez, Adebayor, Barry and Toure. Nigel De Jong. All big names we have wanted that we have gotten. We only missed out on Kaka, and that has perhaps proven to be a godsend with his recent form.

Financially, we are bringing in big name sponsers. We are marketing ourselves fairly well.

I fail to see where all the vitriol is coming from, not just from you lost, but from many city fans. He's not the best DOF in the world, but he's nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be.

9. lost

lost Member

May 24, 2006
    England
    having not seen the figures compared to how a billionaire club operates without cook so cant comment on his expertise as far as attracting sponsors, nor seen which players which have been gone for behind the scenes that they havent ended up getting.

however, in the only oportunities we have all had to see cook in action has been interviews and conferences, and he has come across as incredibly dense in each of these, and furthermore highly confrontational. his only credential seems to have been nursing through the very end stages of michael jordans nike contract, whatever this entials, and for which he claims credit for the jordan marketing phenomenon, a little bold. when interviewed in the past he can be seen to contradict himself repeatedly., sometimes several times in one sentence, in the way that an ex boxer who has take a few too many hits to the head is prone to doing from time to time when they get into a muddle. and this is in front of the cameras, when he is supposed to be 'on' and actually paying attention. goodness knows what he is like on his downtime.