Would you Want Ince to coach in MLS?

Discussion in 'MLS: Rumors' started by GVPATS77, Dec 16, 2008.

1. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    So Paul Ince got the sack from Blackburn today.

This is just a wild hypothetical, but do you think Ince would do well in MLS?

He has experience at the lower levels of English football, so he has expereince dealing with smaller budgets and less refined players (sounds a bit like MLS).

He was a great player, but wasn't a gifted genious like a Ruud Gullit, so he's more likely to be able to teach the game rather than just expect the game to come easy to everyone like Gullit thought.

MLS isn't a horrible stepping stone for coaches. Martin Vasquez is an assistant at Bayern Munich after a stint as an assistant with the Galaxy. Juan Carlos Osorio went from the Metrostars to being an assistant at Man City. Walter Zenga began his coaching career with the Revolution and has climbed the ranks and now coaches Serie A side Catania.

Any MLS club that wanted Ince would probably have to pay a pretty penny, but I think with the right assistants in place to help him navigate MLS rules, he could do well.

2. NYCfan

NYCfan New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not meaning to be a smart ass here but maybe he got canned because he simply sucked as a coach. Theres a long history of retired good players equaling crap coaches. And considering MLS pays players 6 to 18 chicken feed , why would anyone hire a coach that would bust their budget.

3. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    I was a big fan of Ince as a play so assuming he can coach, I would welcome him to MLS. I think he would have to take a pay cut though.

4. FijiUnited

FijiUnited Member+

Feb 21, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I'd rather see Keane coaching in MLS. He found success with a team of scrubs at Sunderland. If there's one thing MLS has in abundance, its scrubs.

5. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    The point is, he took MK Dons from League 2 and got them promoted to League 1. But he made the jump from Dons to Blackburn. That was clearly over his head, but MLS might not be.

Ince had problems in Blackburn because he was treating EPL players the way he treated League 2 players. The guys just didn't want to play for him. Now take Ince's approach and surround him with a bunch of college kids and GA players, and maybe that approach works.

6. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    He sucked at Blackburn but did very well at MK Dons, getting them promoted to League One. Jumping to the Premiership so soon was too big a step. He should have stayed at MK and got them up into at least the Championship before moving on.

Can't see why MLS would want him as a coach though, or why he'd want to coach in MLS.

7. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    Hell no. The guy was a douchebag for long years when the term was out of vogue.

8. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Midnight Attack

Mar 13, 2005
    U.S.A|Jamaica|DCU
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's his coaching style?

10. roykeanes_safc

Jun 26, 2007
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Do you really want a grown man on insists on being called the "Guvnor" in your league.

He has no loyalty, he left macclesfield to go to Mk Dons. Then with a high budget for league two got them promoted to then jump ship to Blackburn.

He made David Bentley do 20 pushups as he had his arms folded in training.

The guy is a grade A penis

11. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Fulham Earthquakes

Fulham Earthquakes New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    so you wouldnt leave one team to go to a better?? and you wouldnt leave a usl-2 team to manage an mls team??

and he obviously just wants a bit of resepct of his players. i dont think 20 pushups is much to ask from a top premiership player.

13. roykeanes_safc

Jun 26, 2007
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Are you being serious??????

I agreed with his MK Dons move from Macclesfield as

A) Macclesfield could not match his ambitions

B) MK Dons are showing a lot of ambition

However his move to Blackburn was only his third season of management and his third team. He had time on his side and Mk Dons are a team going places, he had a chance to create an excellent CV by taking them from league one to at least the championship. This is from a man still labelled "Judas" by West Ham fans, he is a vile vile man.

So would you expect to be forced to do pressups in your place of work? David Bentley made the terrible mistake of FOLDING HIS ARMS lol. What the hell was Ince thinking, if you treat grown men like children it doesnt work. I think management in all aspects of life not just football relies on respect and respecting each other, Ince tried to humiliate Bentley infront of his teammates at a time when Ince was trying to persuade him his future remain at Blackburn.

I seriously cant beleive you are defending the guy.

14. Memit

Memit Member

Aug 27, 2007
    To Philadelphia : can you hire this man ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Fulham Earthquakes

Sep 22, 2008
    No because im not a football palyer and i dont earn $100 k a week.

are you saying that Alex ferguson the most successful manager in football doesnt treat his players like taht because i know for sure that he does.

if what your saying is how mls managers treat their players, i can finally see why it's still pretty crap.

i kind of agree with you about the c.v but if the oppurtunity of a premiership club was offered to you know would not turn it down.

16. Somas of Columbus

Somas of Columbus New Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yeah it is.

17. Fulham Earthquakes

Sep 22, 2008
    why is it?

18. Fulham Earthquakes

Sep 22, 2008
    why is it?

19. Fulham Earthquakes

Sep 22, 2008
    why is it?

20. roykeanes_safc

Jun 26, 2007
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What has money got to do with anything? Bentley walked out of training because he was acting like a dick.

Alex Ferguson doesnt treat his players like children. Ronado has had various stories regarding hookers, Rooney and his grannys etc what has Ferguson done, nothing.

If youre refering to the Beckham incident it was at a time when his team were playing rubbish, every manager loses the plot at half/full time team talks. Im talking about how managers treat players on a daily basis on the training ground.

21. roykeanes_safc

Jun 26, 2007
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What has money got to do with anything? Bentley walked out of training because he was acting like a dick.

Alex Ferguson doesnt treat his players like children. Ronado has had various stories regarding hookers, Rooney and his grannys etc what has Ferguson done, nothing.

If youre refering to the Beckham incident it was at a time when his team were playing rubbish, every manager loses the plot at half/full time team talks. Im talking about how managers treat players on a daily basis on the training ground.

22. roykeanes_safc

Jun 26, 2007
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England