Would YOU play Crespo?

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by The_Special_One, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Feroze Ali

Feroze Ali Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Canada,Toronto
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hey Special One,
    I am sorry the way I behaved,and I never knew about Vieri though and to make sure about Vieri I had gone to www.acmilan.com and had clicked on team and over there I saw there was no Vieri.Once again I am sorry :eek:

2. The_Special_One

The_Special_One New Member

May 17, 2005
    london
    Its cool buddy, all forgiven.

3. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    All of which goes to prove that we shouldn't employ the fella to tell us reliably whether the sun is going to come up tommorrow and or to sell us a used car. Thing is, we're not... we're employing him to kick the ball into the net. Seems a far safer bet.

4. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004

Don't forget Chelsea have, IMO, one of the best managers in the world when it comes to man management and motivation skills. Even if Crespo does dislike London/Chelsea, I still think Mourinho will be able to get good performances out of him.

5. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    As was mentioned earlier, I think the single most significant factor, that will work in our favour, is that Crespo wants to play in the World Cup next Summer ;)

Self motivation.

6. The_Special_One

May 17, 2005
    london
    True that, i have a lot of confidence in JM. Wonder how the other players will treat Crespo though. Say someone like Drogba, how will he feel if he were left out and Crespo played instead.

7. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Off the bench, yes. The biggest factor is that he wants to play at Germany 2006, but that's been mentioned ad nauseam so I won't bother with it.

The second biggest thing is that the club has changed quite a bit since he was here. New coach, new players (who wouldn't want to play with Robben? Drogba seems an interesting character, etc.), and most of all a new mentality at Chelsea. The first season under Roman was all about money and being the new kids on the block in terms of challenging for the big trophies. Now, we've won the league and Mr. Mourninho has instilled not only a winning attitude at Chelsea, but a team mentality. Neither were great attributes under Claudio. Crespo will play, and we will play hard, and he will become part of this team. He was successful in his first season and if he works hard and becomes an integral part of the team then I think 2006/07 could be an amazing year for Hernan. Then, he'll be 32 and can play out his days in Italy.

8. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have been playing Crespo for about 8 or 9 years. I rank it as one of the most interesting card/board games on the market. The only thing is that it takes so long to play one round, 84 minutes at minimum, and I don't have as much patience as I once had.

9. The_Special_One

May 17, 2005
    london
    LoL, not as funny as it could have been, but a decent effort.

10. matthewfoo

matthewfoo Member

Nov 12, 2004
    Singapore
    Crespo's first touch and finishing is obviously far better than drogba's

11. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004
    Really, you could've put anyone's name in for Crespo and it would still be true ;)

12. Feroze Ali

Feroze Ali Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Canada,Toronto
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You cant compare Crespo to Drogba!Crespo is seriously by far way better.
    Crespo has finishing and Drogba doesn't I clearly rememver Chelsea vs Barcelona.Drogba had a one on one and I dont know what the hell was he trying to do!He had alot of time!But he got the ball I blink my eye.BOOOOOOOOOOOOM.He missed it.IT WAS SAD!Crespo....ohhh dont ask I dont remember who he had scoren against but WAT A GOAL it was like he shot at the top right corner it went curling in!!and Crespo is much better than Drogba in everything!FINISHING,HEADING AND SHOOTING!

13. bluemen groupee

bluemen groupee New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    westside
    Easy there fella. I guess Crespo still has a following. Crespo has his moments, but so does Drogba. I wouldn't say he's "much better"--their performances at Chelsea are pretty comparable, in my opinion. And yes, Crespo had a good season at Milan, but Drogba had a fantastic season of his own at Marseille before he came over. Crespo is a bit more skilled, yes, but Drogba puts in better effort.

Am I the only one who thinks this whole Crespo thing is overblown? For me it's pretty simple: if he performs (in games and in training), play him. If not, don't. Kezman had a decent run of games in the beginning. Crespo will get the same chance I'm sure. If he delivers, Mourinho will play him. Simple.

14. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    You are right. Crespo is in fact not better than Drogba. Drogba is more physical and is better in the air. Crespo is a better finisher. We will see how each of them play this year, but to think that Crespo is way better than Drogba is a little off base.

15. The Rage

The Rage New Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Edmonton
    Neither is perfect, but both are capable of having a great season if they are on their game. And with two players like that, hopefully atleast one will have a great season.

16. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib
    How can you compare Drogba and Crespo? they're two different types of strikers ffs.

17. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because they will be competing for the same spot.

18. matthewfoo

matthewfoo Member

Nov 12, 2004
    Singapore
    which brings me to wonder, both drogba and essien were/are hugely successful in france, could we end up with another over-hyped player in essien. he really isnt proven.

19. The Rage

The Rage New Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Edmonton
    He's had two good seasons and has done well in the Champions League. He's pretty much as proven as 23 year olds get. Really, though, the french league isn't too bad; I think it's on par with the German league.

20. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004

Good point. Btw, has anyone thought about how Crespo will perform in the lone striker role that Drogba played? Seems to me that Crespo doesn't display the work ethic (chasing every ball, harrying defenders) to be really effective playing alone up top, and he could be used more as a substitute. I know the WC is coming up, but I can't see Crespo going out there and giving the effort Drogba does.

21. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    You know, there is always the possibility that we may yet flog Crespo, or trade him, for another striker.

Just because he's here now...well, really, he had no choice...doesn't by any means mean that he will be here in September.

Just a thought.

22. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Some interesing background on why Crespo's wife hates London; seems someone very close to her suffered an undisclosed great personel tragedy in London followed by her being in Veron's house when a Samurai weilding nut broke in and entered her bedroom, seems she thinks the City is cursed.

23. Native

Native New Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Personally, Id love a Crespo-Owen Partnership up front.

24. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    So leave the wench in Italy then :)

25. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Or get another one. ;)