Would YOU play Crespo?

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by The_Special_One, Jul 6, 2005.

1. The_Special_One

The_Special_One New Member

May 17, 2005
    london
    I was just wondering, now that Milan have Vieri and it seems like Crespo will be playing for Chelsea next season, do you guys thing we should actually play him?

Would YOU be willing to start with a player whose not only unmotivated to play for the club and manager, but even went as far as to almost display hatred for London and Chelsea. I dont think anyone can deny that Crespo's statements about the possibility of playing for Chelsea were very offensive. Would you be willing to take a risk on a player like that? How will the fans treat him when he steps out in the blue uniform? What if, this can happen, we end up having to play Milan in champions league, would u start him?

I just dont know about it, me personally, i would not even use him as a bench warmer, even if we had to play with Guddy as main striker, even if we had to play with Joe Cole as a striker, atleast with them we would know we would be getting 110 percent commitment.

2. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I believe he can change, with Jose's help that is. If he can get his head out of his SS, he could be a big asset. So, depending on his work effort, i would play him.

3. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Fresh start, if he shows up on time next monday, acts professionally and does not whine about his fate then Welcome back; if not he can spend two years riding a stationary bike.

With the World Cup this year and the knowledge he needs to have a good year to feature, as well as get an Italian team to finance his escape next summer I think he will come and do his job professionally.

Though if we can get Gilardano to try Gulag London for a year, then send him to Parma as a bonus gift.

4. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  5. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    lol. Riiiiiiiiiight. After he whined how much he wanted to stay in Italy. Well, all i know is if someone can change him into a happy man, it is Jose.

6. rapid=religion

rapid=religion New Member

Jul 6, 2005
    ... or it's a lot of money.

I doubt very much that he's delighted he had to return. he fighted for a stay in milan and all of a sudden he is happy to be back? hmmmm ...

I have to say, I wouldn't have been that sad if milan had kept him.

on the other hand, after kezza and forssell left and guddy seemed to play a new position in attacking midfield (which I think is a really, really great idea of jm) chelsea simply needed another (or two?) striker. the only advantage is that crespo knows the club and the environment but that's all.
    I would have liked a new face better ...

chelsea didn't need him last season and I think jm should play the team that brought back the cup to the stamford bridge.

7. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004
    Yes

8. Native

Native New Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Throughout this entire 12 month Saga, Jose has made every effort to ensure that he and Crespo remain on good terms. In fact, Crespo reitterated his respect for JM on several occasions both before and after he left for Milan. He really seems to respect and admire JM for not standing in his way last season. Now that hes coming back to Chelsea, Id be shocked if Hernan didnt give his all for Jose and fight for his place on the squad.

Also, remember this is a World Cup year - crying on the bench is surest way to be left out of your country's squad. Crespo's not stupid. I think he will be a revelation for us, and I think its going to work out very well both for team and player.

9. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    I would have him coming on in the season opener at or about the 60th min, to play between Duff and Robben.

10. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Of course I would. Stupid question.
    Yes, he preferred to be back in Italy. So what? The man has a right to his opinion. So long as he accepts that he's "stuck" in London and plays hard for us, I don't care if he's dreaming of plates heaped with ravioli, his house on Lake Como or the Amalfi coast.

11. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004
    Yes, I would play him. He had a good season in Milan, and had a decent strike record for Chelsea the year before. Besides, think about all the balls that Drogba had played to him by Duff and Robben, and then consider it could be Crespo instead of Drogba (sometimes). What Crespo brings to the squad is a very good, consistent finisher, something Chelsea don't really have, other than Lampard ;) Guddy has reverted to more of an AM role, and Drogba is more of a target man. Also, look at how Crespo did against EPL teams in the CL this year, both goals against ManU and two against Liverpool in the final. It would be a waste to leave him on the bench.

12. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Of course we should play him.

The guys a professional sportsmen. More importantly he's a professional sportsmen from a country whose best players ALWAYS have to leave the country of their birth and play abroad. It's different for guys like Gerrard who was born in Liverpool and wants to stay there. Crespo's more than used to the idea of playing for clubs he doesn't have a particularly strong feeling for. That didn't stop him being a good player in the past.

I'm also one of these people who think he actually did OK when he was with us last time, bearing in mind how many minutes he had on the pitch and how many games he started.

To be honest I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to when you say he displayed hatred for Chelsea. I remember comments saying that he'd prefer to stay in Milan. Well I was born in London and I'd prefer to stay in Milan as well.

And that's allowing for the fact that nobody could understand a word I say in Milan. Come to think of it that's pretty much the case in London now.

13. Feroze Ali

Feroze Ali Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Canada,Toronto
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Are you feeling alright mate.....?
    Vieri isn't in Milan....!
    Before you say anything confirm it!

14. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Do you follow the news?

15. OrlandoSPUR

OrlandoSPUR **** the Nomads

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL

:confused:

16. gomez

gomez New Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Ali - Vieri is with AC Milan now.

And yes, play Crespo.

17. The_Special_One

May 17, 2005
    london
    LOL what should i do ALi, insult you for ur stupidity, lack of manners, both or just ignore u as someone who knows nothing about football? I thing i shall do the latter.

And nicephoras, u need to watch ur manners to, if its a stupid question, dont answer it, stupid people answer stupid questions.

For me, personally, its a very valid question. When a player makes comments about being dismayed at the prospect of having to go back to Chelsea, says he would rather take a huge paycut then come back, and would be willing to even be used as a sub by Milan, just so he can stay there. Well, if thats not hatred for Chelsea or something close to it, then i dont know what it is. If he was REALLY professional, he would not have made those statements when he was aware that there was still a chance of him returning to Chelsea.

I just dont know, i mean i agree with you guys that he is a class striker, and also agree with what the other guy said, that he had a pretty good season when he was at Chelsea, not great, but decent. But is that enough to make up for the lack of passion that he has for this club? I mean when he plays for Milan, or when he used to play for Inter, there was real passion there, u could see it. Maybe thats why he performs so well for the Italian teams he plays for, he gives it his all cause he REALLY cares. And i just dont think he has same passion for this club.

Also, i was wondering, how are the other players like Lampard, Terry, Etc, who give their all for Chelsea, gonne react to a guy who clearly doesnt wana be there with them and doesnt wana play for the team?

18. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    A statement of "I hate Chelsea". That's hatred of Chelsea. Saying he prefers Milan is hardly an indictment. My firm sent me to Moscow for a month. I made it clear I wouldn't stay longer. Does that mean I hate Moscow?

:mad: You have to watch a player before commenting on him. Crespo always seems fairly lackadaiscal when playing for his clubs. And you'd be crazy to think he plays for more passion for Italian teams, since he's played for Parma, Lazio, Inter and Milan. You think he's passionate about all of them? You're joking, right?

19. The_Special_One

May 17, 2005
    london
    Ammm no, not joking, so you actually think the statements he has made over the last few weeks are quite normal for a football player whose in the middle of a transfer?? And let me see, if a player says he would not like to go to Chelsea, he was quoted as saying he was 'DISMAYED' at having to go back to Chelsea, saying he would do anything he could to stay in Italy rather than go to Chelsea, actually, on second thought, ur right, he doesnt hate Chelsea, he loves it.

And the Italian clubs i mentioned are Inter and Milan. Yes he has a very lazy kind of style of play, i agree with u on that, but you honestly want to tell me that he is going to give Chelsea the same kind of committed performance he gave Inter when he was arguable one of the best strikers in the world? If so, then boy your one optimistic fellow, and i sure wish it comes true, if it does, then we will probably win the CL.

20. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Yes I would play him. I think he did OK for us before and will do so again. I belive it is actually his then girlfriend/ now wife that dislikes London.

With the service he will get from Duff, Roben, Cole, SWP ;) I expect him to do very well.

This will be his 2nd spell in English football so he should settle in easier.

21. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Oh grow up. Its clear he'd rather stay in Italy. That doesn't mean he hates Chelsea. I'd probably rather have gone to Harvard, and said I was disappointed when I didn't get in. Doesn't mean I hated my alma mater.

22. Super Franki Lampard

May 9, 2004
    Surrey
    I think nicephoras is right he wanted to stay at ac but coz chelsea codnt find any one they want 2 spend there money on he had 2 go 2 chelsea and he will try and play his best coz he still want 2 play 4 his country. P.s i wod play drogba coz after 1 season i think shod b setteled by now and shod be better, with gudjonsen in with lamps and mekele and swp super sub 4 robben or duff. finger crossed.

23. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Saying you're dismayed means you're dismayed I'd have thought. Saying you'll do anything you can, (don't remember him saying that particularly but, for the sake of argument), means he'll do all he can because he'd rather stay there, probably because of his wife's desire I would say, as Nic suggests. I think that's part of the real story here. I doubt the guy really minds all that much where he plays although Milan is a beautiful city... and the foods certainly better.
    I can't honestly say he seemed to be trying harder when he played for Milan when I watched him. He seemed to have more space in the Italian league, possibly.

Maybe it was that you noticed.

24. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
  25. The_Special_One

May 17, 2005
    london
    Lol i suppose so, after all this thread was about peoples opinions and whether they would play him or not. So far it seems most people would play him, fair enough, especially as there is a real lack of strikers.