Would People Be Intetested In Participating In This Prediction Game?

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by EvanJ, Nov 5, 2008.

1. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If a website such as http://www.flashscore.com/soccer/world-cup/ when you click on "Scheduled" and then the individual games or another website in English I or somebody else finds gives betting odds for the last WCQ Semifinal matchday with enough time between when the odds are posted and when the games are played on November 19, would people be interested in this prediction game with no real money at stake?:

For each game, you may bet on either team to win or for the game to be a draw. You will be given odds for each in the form X/1 where X is greater than 1, is higher the more unlikely the result you picked is considered to be, and X is how much you get back (including your original bet) if you bet 1 point on that outcome and are correct (you get nothing back if you are wrong). You will be given a total of 1,000 points to bet and must use them all by betting only in multiples of 10. You must bet at least 50 points on all six games, at least 100 points each on at least four games, and you may not bet more than 500 on any one game. Whoever gets the most total winnings from all the games wins. This would be kept separate from my big prediction contest.

If some people participate in this and I like how it goes, maybe I'll do it for the four pairs of matchdays in the Hexagonal.

Edit: Here are odds I found for Semifinal Matchday 6 from http://www.betbrain.us/oddsOverview/Soccer-Inte-FIFA_WC__North/tn/114098045/sportId/1/site/0 (I needed to do some calculations to convert the negative numbers into the odds I wanted, for the positive numbers I divided by 100 and then added 1):

Suriname:Haiti
    Suriname win: 2.30/1
    Draw: 3.15/1
    Haiti win: 2.65/1

United States:Guatemala
    United States win: 1.35/1
    Draw: 4.00/1
    Guatemala win: 7.00/1

Honduras:Mexico
    Honduras win: 2.10/1
    Draw: 3.15/1
    Mexico win: 2.95/1