Would Nick Ever have the Intelligence to do this????

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Simon Birch, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Simon Birch

Simon Birch New Member

Aug 4, 2003
    With McOwen's Monkey
    http://www.revolutionsoccer.net/news/fulls...iCategoryID=429

Brilliant idea by the Revs. If Nick and company did a mass e-mailing come February, introducing this, hyping whatever stadium plans there might be in the works, our new additions, and a mea culpa for the sins of the past-I could see ticket sales going up next year. It would help re-build the base, which is dwindling slowly.

Come on Nick, its a great idea, and might actually win back some fans. AEG and YOU need to do something about the sinking ship that is our team.

2. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That link didn't work. Was this the notice that the ticket prices are going back to the 1996 levels?

Tom

3. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is no need to read the link....
    In answer to the question by the thread starter: No.

4. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    What would you rather have cheap tickets or a quality product on the field?

Which one should be MLS's number one priority?

5. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Let me get this straight, you want lower ticket prices so MLS can start losing MORE money on the metros?

6. CbR

CbR Member

Nov 10, 2000
    Bergen County NJ
    take that number, cut it in half and DOUBLE IT!!!!

7. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    First of all, kiss our collective a$$es.

Your sentiment implies that Metro are holding MLS back by losing money.

1. Prove it. Prove that there are things that the league would have done, but couldn't, because of metro $$ losses. While you're at it, calculate the money metro brings in by having a team 8 mi from MLS headquarters, that Garber himself admitted bringing every MLS investor and potential investor to games of. Also, explain where the league would be without the sponsors that Garber brought to Metro games (losing teams though they were) to schmooz, who have since become major investors in MLS. Then, throw into that mix the money that LA lost through 2002, and how many expansion teams and UEFA CL- level players MLS would have had, but for NY & LA losing $$.

2. Metro losing money has injured DC and the league, how? You could have won 9 titles in 9 years, but because of us preventing you from signing Totti and Ronaldinho, you only won 4?

3. Please provide data that shows that DC isn't losing money. When Columbus and LA approached turning a profit in 2003, they were both recognized as the first MLS teams to do that. So, DC is losing money as well, by definition.

3. You can still kiss my a$$, because this is about the front office respecting it's fans, and making a gesture. It isn't about people from DC thinking it's a good idea, or MFO saying "I have to do X,Y and Z for the good for the league". We aren't talking about Fiorentina here.

If AEG & Metro want to do it, who gives a $hit what you think? That said, they will never do it, so it's a moot point.

8. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd say right now we have neither, but even now the ticket prices are much more reasonable than most events in the area.

9. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    Youre comparing apples to oranges. You cant compare a well worth $50 ticket to another event to a $18 badly deserved, hassle to get to Metro game.

10. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    Come on, $18 bucks is dirt cheap and the meadowlands is pretty damn accessible for most. If thats too expensive, you can buy a ticket from a scalper for $5 bucks. They have to charge something, don't they?

11. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For me a Metros game is easier than any other stadium or arena.

12. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    If it means I have to pay $40 a ticket to sit in the worst seats in the house (101) to get a better quality product on the field I will find some way to afford it.

Frankly I am very pleased with our product. I might not like how thye tank during the seasons tail end but I am very pleased with the product.

13. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    Its $18+$10 Parking which is $28. I can do Plenty of other things in this city that are worth more than going to see Metro. Like buying 5 $5 beers. Or get into a nice club to get laid. Or you can go see a band play at some club. All of which are much better than wasting your money on a team that doesnt give a sh!t about you or itself.

Plus I can see the team for free on tv. Im already used to seeing sports on tv rather than the stadium since I cant afford to see anything else, so its no big deal. Metro is going to have to do alot more if they want me out there than just saying "Its soccer and we're your local team", who cares that doesnt mean sh!t to me anymore when Metro doesnt give a crat about the locals.

14. Simon Birch

Simon Birch New Member

Aug 4, 2003
    With McOwen's Monkey

Nick, nice to see you read these boards-thanks for your using your valuable time to read what I post-but shouldn't you be working?

15. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    I agree with this. I was looking at just the price when I responded. Actually, I declined my 5 season tickets for next year to send them a message aswell. Not becuause they are too expensive for me. But to protest the same issue you talk about above. I will gladly buy them again though if I see some improvement. PS: If I do purchase them again and you need a ticket for a game just ask. Lots of times I have an extra lingering around or I can get a comp. Not the point of this thread ofcourse, but anyway...

16. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    Ha you slay me.