Would It Benefit The Galaxy To Lose?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by L.A. SOCCER NATION, Jul 13, 2005.

1. L.A. SOCCER NATION

L.A. SOCCER NATION ONLY IN L.A.

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
    "The Clasico is here again" Chivas recently has beat and embarrased RSl like no other team has. The Galaxy has been losing on the road and ending with ties at home. Many Galaxy and other Fans have placed threads through out this forum on what changes need to be made in order to make the Galaxy stop and end the "lose on the road curse". In August Chivas USA will be turned into a super club with all the Superstar players that are coming from Mexico. The only true superstar that we have is Landon Donavon. Do you think that by losing the Clasico on Saturday will cause Doug Hamilton to make some immediate changes to the team and problably bring another superstar similiar to Landon Donavon. If that would be the case would you want the Galaxy to lose on Saturday? If so what trades could Doug Hamilton do? Lets face it, without LD we dont have a chance, and it sad because we have superstars that are not stepping up when they should :mad:

2. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a trade idea

Dough to Chicago Peter Wilt to LA

3. annoying04

annoying04 New Member

Dec 20, 2004
    california
    Im undecided on this. If we lose, there may be hope that SS2 will be fired. On the other hand, I cant imagine the embarassment that the players and/or the fans will experience if we were to lose to the goats. Of course I will want a win, I hate seeing my favorite team lose, but if it will benefit the club...

4. WHOLMAN2

WHOLMAN2 New Member

Dec 4, 2000
    Lahs Angeleez
    I still have this feeling that Peter Wilt is sitting in a basement at an undisclosed location, winning every game of gin rummy and pool he plays against a couple of black-suited, sunglass-wearing AEG bodyguards, who are just waiting for the call from headquarters to bring him to the HDC after fearless leader Tim Leiwieke sends Executive of The Year Doug Hamilton on a slow boat to China.

Wilt's first hiring will be Klinsi after he retires from coaching Germany.

5. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice dream, but Wilt has decamped to Milwaukee to spearhead an expansion drive.

6. USfootballFAN

USfootballFAN New Member

May 19, 2005
    Los Angeles
    I don't want to lose. Especially not to the Chivas ********kkers.

7. cosmojado

cosmojado Member

Oct 18, 2002
    in sin
    the players embarass themselves every week, what can be worse than scoring 2 own goals?

as a fan I'm used to being embarassed by my team

- those buffalo billsesque MLS cup games
    - the meltdown in sj 2003 version
    - the meltdown in sj 2005 version
    - 3 mls cups in LA without an LA team in the game
    - the road woes
    - losing to 9 men
    - losing to NY, the team with the worst home record in NY
    - losing to sj (a team that can't beat chivas)
    - naldo
    - the FO
    - Sampson

8. annoying04

annoying04 New Member

Dec 20, 2004
    california
    But I dont want losing to the worst team in the league, who has only won 2 games in their existense(and they were both against another expansion team) to be added to that list

9. Ese_Guy

Ese_Guy New Member

Apr 18, 2005
    Sunny Southern CA
    So Galaxy supporters are already throwing in the towel for this weekend's match?
    Jeez, I suppose there will be no support for them come Monday either.

10. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Never, ever, ever say it's a benefit to lose to Chivas. If giant space bunnies threaten to cover to Earth with raspberry jam and snort it up their nose if the Galaxy lose, then I say, learn to like raspberry, bitches.

EDIT - space bunny metaphor stolen from Dan O'Neill's Odd Bodkins comic from a long time ago.

11. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

12. cosmojado

cosmojado Member

Oct 18, 2002
    in sin

no towel has been thrown in, just stating the obvious.

I'm embarassed week in and week out. if I had thrown the towel in I wouldn't feel the same way.

the team makes its fans lose face

and I never cared about the Real game to begin with.

13. ScurvyPirate

ScurvyPirate New Member

Apr 8, 2005
    LA
    Is anyone else having trouble with the assertion that Chivas is going to be a 'super club' come August?

14. WHOLMAN2

WHOLMAN2 New Member

Dec 4, 2000
    Lahs Angeleez
    TC, isn't Wilt's contract still in effect until November? I don't remember reading a termination of his employment by mutual consent or otherwise.

15. annoying04

annoying04 New Member

Dec 20, 2004
    california
    YES I AM!!!!! i dont think they will be a super club. (at leas t until the 3rd or 4th season, if they make it that long,but never as good as the galaxy(not at their current state, but the galaxy we all know and love :D ))

16. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My source for truth in this matter is, as in all things, BigSoccer. There is a substantial thread on the MLS News board about Milwaukee bidding for a franchise and Wilt is quoted in several newspaper storuies as having become part of that effort. Whether he is still formally under contract with AEG or the league is not addressed specifically. Given the league's blind eye to what (in other businesses) would be clear conflicts of interest, maybe AEG sees nothing wrong with his doing this while still on the AEG / Chicago Fire payroll. Who knows. Given that he was being phased out by the Fire, maybe AEG was happy to let him go off on this project.

17. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana