Worst Television Show You've Seen

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Alex_1, Oct 3, 2003.

1. mrsbabytiger2001

mrsbabytiger2001 New Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Melbourne. AUS
    The worst show!! So many to choose from :D

Here is a list of my most hated:

Mile High (utter tripe, can't believe it is televised)
    Temptation Island
    The Mole (an Aussie reality TV show)
    Big Brother (first one was ok, just sick to death of the whole reality thing)

No doubt, more shows will be added to the list...

:)
    Jenni

2. cj herrera

cj herrera New Member

May 7, 1999
    Oakland, damn straig

Well I'll wear that idiot badge proudly.

I thought Sifl and Ollie was heeeeeeeeeee-larious. And purty dern smart, too -- in a juvenile sock-puppet sort of way.

(ROCK!)

3. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Paradise Hotel

4. Ictar

Ictar Member

Jun 18, 2002
    The Oklahoma Panhandle
    Listen, if you haven't seen the show someone mentioned earlier about the car that fell in love with the daughter then you haven't seen crap.

Forget Head of the Class, reality TV, day time soap operas, or anything else you have wasted your time on.

This show was the absolute worst. I actually set down and watched 3 or so of the episodes when they were originally televised, and this show could not even be funny as an inside joke between higher-ups just to see if they could get this crap on the air.

In the first scene of the first show they're doing what appears to be an attempt at parodying the exorcist. The little brother is throwing up all over the room, and the daughter is told to clean it up when the priest's altar boy comes in, when the two kids fall in love over mopping up the little brother's puke, which looks like the goop they throw on kids on Nickelodeon.

5. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    > What about "The Secret Diary of Desmond Pffeifer?"

That show was great!

6. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Bad TV!

"Top of the Heap"

Please, don't ask me how I remember that!

Actually, I just now remembered why I remember that. This was a sort of "spin-off" from Married With Children. In fact, Matt LeBlanc was one of Kelly's boyfriends in the show. It was out I think in 89 or 90.

I know the show that Ictar's talking about. It was a recent show actually from this Spring on Fox. (Anyone catching a pattern here?) It was wretched. It was horrible. It was "The Pitts". You have to ask "How can a room full of people actually agree that this is entertainment?"

Paradise Hotel was hilarious. That dude Keith was the best because all of the other people on that show were so dispicable, and he kicked them all out. Actually, that was the only reality show that I (shamefully admit) got hooked on.

XFL football was pretty bad. Other than the coin toss, it was just crap football.

7. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    The Office was great! It was sheer comedy value, some people just didn't like it because it didn't have injected studio laughter.

Curb Your Enthusiasm is it's American counterpart, fro mwhat I've seen, but CYE is horrific, imo

8. JMU Soccer!

JMU Soccer! New Member

Jul 19, 1999
    I'll throw "House of Buggin'" into the mix.

9. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And I'll add another... "Meet My Folks".

We're getting the American version over here now, and I thought that the British and Aussie versions were bad enough.

Another Brit-com import (although not intentionally a comedy) that is so woefully bad that we've had here in the past is "The Villa".

"It's sex on wheels without much of a storyline," my wife and I agree.

10. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY
    remember "oops"-post-apocolyptic comedy about survivors on an island
    "Curb your Enthusiasm"
    "Access Hollywood
    "West Wing"
    "Lyon's Den"

but there's just to many to mention!!!

11. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn't that one of the first shows the Fox Network originally aired, back when the network was first formed on air? Around the late '80s, or thereabouts?

Jeez, how time flies...

12. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    I love "CYE". It's just asinine good fun. A wise-ass New Yorker fvcking with the minds of Los Angelenos. What's not to like? Here's typical Larry David nuttiness:

Larry David, ordering coffee at Starbucks: "I'll have a vanilla...one of those vanilla bullsh!t things. You know, some vanilla bullsh!t latte cappa thing, whatever you got." Or, in another episode, again ordering coffee at Starbucks: "What's in the latte?" [Starbucks employee: "Milk and coffee."] "Oh my god! Milk and coffee! I never would have thought of that! That's so brilliant!"

13. Wade Bills

Wade Bills New Member

Oct 15, 2000
    West Jordan, UT
    I'm getting plenty tired of "The Nanny". My wife (who fortunately doesn't read this board) just loves watching the reruns of this sitcom and the show drives me nuts.

Listening to the voice of the lead actress is worse then listening to fingernails scraping a chalkboard.

14. Megatron

Megatron New Member

Jul 4, 2002
    Chicago
    Oh god!Such horrible memories!

"Full House" w/Bob Saget and the uncool John Stamos
    "Family Matters" w/the unbelievably annoying Steve Urkel
    Easily two of the worst shows ever created and they were both on ABC.

15. Megatron

Megatron New Member

Jul 4, 2002
    Chicago
    [​IMG]
    C'mon who thought this was funny?

16. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    For me, I hate all those reality shows that have invaded our TVs over the last few years.

Regarding Friends, true it's pure tripe but I don't mind feasting my eyes on Jennifer Anniston now and then.

17. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    As you probably remember I went mental when I learned Keen Eddie was going off the air, yet so many reality shows were coming on the air.

Jennifer Aniston is the only person on that show, IMO, that hasn't hit "The Wall". You know, the wall where age catches up to the actors at an exponential rate. I don't like that show, but I clicked by it and the "Friends", like Schwimmer, LeBlanc, etc. look like they're in their mid to late forty's. Not so long ago, Lisa Kudrow was sort of hot in Romy & Michelle's reunion. But now... at least Mira Sorvino's still got it.

18. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Second season of The Osbornes.

19. mrsbabytiger2001

mrsbabytiger2001 New Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Melbourne. AUS
    hey hey... I happen to like 'Meet My Folks' (just the aussie version tho... sorry peeps)

I have to agree with you, 'The Villa' sucked big time... thank god it is not on... thank the lord for small favours :D

20. Hiawatha72

Hiawatha72 New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Liverpool, NY
    Full House, that Urkel show, and Step-by-Step were all horrible. But I remember the worst...

"Cop Rock"

There were others that are close. "Enos" a Dukes of Hazzard spinoff (which was itself terrible.) "Manimal," "She's the Sheriff" "The Heights"

21. amerifolklegend

amerifolklegend New Member

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    You are incapable of recognizing genius.

22. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    Re: Oh god!Such horrible memories!

I remember watching that in Hong Kong, along with other pig's ears from the USA like Santa Barbara. The TV stations were too cheap/poor to shell out for a decent British show (e.g. Fawlty towers, Blackadder), so we got all the American offal, along with cheap local TV shows that often featured my primary school teacher.

23. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Dukes of Hazzard when it was the fake Dukes.