Worst Team of the World Cup Prediction Contest

Discussion in 'World Cup 2014: General' started by MexiKampeon, Dec 19, 2013.

?

What team is most likely to finish with 0 points & worst Goal Differential

Poll closed Jun 19, 2014.
  1. Group B - Australia

39.0%
  2. Group D - Costa Rica

8.8%
  3. Group F - Iran

24.3%
  4. Group F - Bosnia

3.7%
  5. Group G - USA

11.8%
  6. Group H - Algeria

12.5%
  1. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    We will do our best to prove you wrong, but considering our recent form and the draw we got I can understand why we would be most peoples pick to finish with least points and worst goal differential.

2. mfw13

mfw13 Member+

Jul 19, 2003
    Seattle
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Well, it all depends on how you definte the question. If the question is which team will end up ranked 32and in FIFA's post-tournament rankings, then I think that the answer, without question, will be Australia, who is likely to finish with zero points and a goal difference of around -5 to -9 given the difficulty of their group.

If the question is which teams are the weakest based on popular opinion, selective analysis of past results, and other undefined criteria, then you've got a bunch of candidates....Australia, Iran, Costa Rica, Honduras, Algeria, and Cameroon.

3. casperrrrr

casperrrrr New Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Australia will be there, old team but more importantly, very difficult group.

Poorest team out there is without a doubt Iran.

4. Juan Delgado

Juan Delgado Member

Feb 24, 2014
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    LOL indeed

what the OP is failing to realize is that without even beginning the world cup already has a worst team ... Mexico. It doesn't matter if any of the teams mentioned get zero points with -20 goal difference, they still can't dethrone Mexico in being the wc joke team of the moment ... embarrassing qualification including getting saved in the last minute by the team they hate the most, hilarious.

5. OzFootballFan

OzFootballFan New Member

Feb 26, 2014
    I may be biased but I will say Chile :)

6. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I think USA can be a good contender too.

7. joey47

joey47 Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Club:
    Adelaide United
    Whilst I agree Australia will probably get somewhat spanked at the World Cup, to the above people saying we have an old team, that's laughable.

In our latest squad we only have three players above the age of 30: Tim Cahill (New York Red Bulls), Luke Wilkshire (Dynamo Moscow) and Matt McKay (Brisbane Roar). Other than that it is a very, very young squad. Lots of pace, brimming with youth. Most players plying their trade in Europe too. It is certainly a squad that is aimed at tasting success at the Asian Cup in 2015, and so to doing well at the 2018 World Cup.

Hoping we can prove everyone wrong. Myself included.

8. TigersOfAsia

TigersOfAsia Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well, the defense is old. There's no denying that, and your core players in the midfield are all over 30 or approaching 30.
    Australia do have some good young players in Kruse, Oar, and Rogic, (Kruse is out for the WC :() but like you said, I don't think they'll make much of a difference for Australia this time around.

9. joey47

joey47 Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Club:
    Adelaide United
    Our defence:

Wilkshire (32)---Spiranovic (25)---Sainsbury/Williams(22/25)---Davidson (22)

The likes of Ognenovski and Neill are on the way out under the new coach.

10. Gayageum

Gayageum Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #160 Gayageum, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
    My guess is Australia, which is unfortunate since I'm rooting for AFC teams to do better than CONCACAF & CAF teams, but hard to see them getting anything against Spain, Chile, or the Netherlands.

11. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I feel for the Aussies but honestly can see them going 3 and out and with no goals scored. Honestly who do they have besides Cahill? Schwarzer barely plays for Chelsea. I heard things about that huge striker they have but nothing positive.

12. jasondask

jasondask Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Sydney, Australia
    Even though I am from Australia, given the group we've got drawn we would have to be the "bookie favourite" for a hiding in all three games - especially given our team is in a big period of transition. Chile looked fantastic against Germany in their recent friendly and of course need I say any more about Spain and Netherlands.

With that said, I would not say we are the worst team overall in the world cup and hopefully our fighting spirit might shine enough for us to nab an upset win (or draw...) in at least one of the games!

I tend to agree Iran on paper would probably be the 'worst team' but their group is a little more forgiving, although I can see them going out with 0 or 1 pts.

13. abdulr83

abdulr83 New Member

Mar 19, 2014
    No teams are easy in the World Cup

14. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Porque les lambeas los huevos a los gabachos si eres Colombiano? Es cosa de mariquita.

Los e.u. no salvo a Mexico, ellos les quitaron 4 puntos en el Hexagonal. La calificacion no fue perfecta, pero sin embargo, estan en el mundial con mejor chance de avanzar que los putos de e.u.

15. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    im guessing he was born and raised in the US so he supports both sides i assume. At least he supports the place he grew up in, unlike mexicans who were born and raised here who completely diss the USA team…eso para mi es una mariquita.

HomietheClown repped this.
  16. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Estas mal. Esta tierra pertenece a Mexicanos y a Americanos Nativos, no a los e.u. Los gabachos solamente son inmigrantes ilegales.

Es de mariquita lambear sus huevos, y tu lo estas haciendo tambien.

17. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    JAJAJAJA how many family members you have here busting their ass working trying to get a future while your mexican government could give two shits and enjoy their dirty money? no me digas mentiras!…anyway this isn't a politics thread or history et etc This is a football thread, and you can't deny the us team helped mexico qualify to go against NEW ZEALAND! we basically handed mexico a spot for the WC. i was born and raised in Ny its doesn't belong to anyone now,it belongs to the immigrants who came here for over hundreds of years, from puerto ricans, irish, italians, Colombians, Mexicans, Germans. Stop hating and realize that most of the players of the US Nt team are not direct descendants of the people who took over North American centuries ago, but men with parents who are Immigrants. Vete a llorar mijo que el verdadero marica es vos.

18. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    lol, governments have nothing to do with this. You're right that NY and the rest of this land belongs to all cultures, including Mexican and Colombian, which are better cultures than that of los guerios, who you bow down to, which is sad. You're kind of pathetic, no offense.

Anyway, the u.s. didn't help Mexico, they denied Mex of 5 points during the Hexagonal, but Mexico earned qualification anyway. Eres mariquita que lambeas los huevos de gabachos, compa. Jajajaja, pobresito :ROFLMAO:

19. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Where did i say i support guerios? whatever that means… anyway i support the Us NATIONAL TEAM most of all because i was born and raised here and i support COLOMBIAN NT …. get off my nuts and if u can't accept the reality that this land was conquered just like mexico and colombia was by the spaniard ( sad but true)..then go back to mexico and abandon the english spanish language.. live in a village in a mountain and preach.

20. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Get off my nuts, **********, you're the one who quoted me 1st.

You are weak because you support them wimpy boys. Mexico and Colombia aren't under Spanish rule. You should go back to Colombia and get ya head checked, boy boy.

21. Juan Delgado

Juan Delgado Member

Feb 24, 2014
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Lol pathetic mexicano resentido, there's not a single line in my former post that shows ass kissing to USA, I'm born raised and living in Colombia so there's no reason I would be biased, in my post I plain and simply stated the truth : Mexicans owe USA NT their wc spot, it was in their whole hands to not score in that game but they chose not to do that so they could rub it in your face hahaha you must be so mad

22. El_Bulla

El_Bulla Member

Jan 21, 2007
    If it wasn't for the US beating Panama, Mexico would not have qualified for the World Cup due to their own merit. I really don't care about the US national team and I'm saying it as unbiased as possible. It really isn't something up for discussion. Mexico was awful during qualifiers but they have improved and I see them either getting second place in their group or narrowly missing out.

Anyhow, returning to the thread.

I think Australia will go home with 0 points and the worst goal differential, but I don't think they're the worst team in the tournament by absolute terms. Around a month ago I would have said either Honduras or Iran, but given that in their last matches Honduras tied Ecuador and beat Venezuela, while Iran scraped past Kuwait and lost to Guinea, I'd have to give the unfortunate award to Iran.

23. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #173 Zandi360, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
    ^Lol please make your researches before commenting. Iran set up their U22 team against Kuwaits main team and maybe 2 or 3 players from that squad will be selected at the WC. (Big chances they won't even play few minutes)

24. El_Bulla

El_Bulla Member

Jan 21, 2007
    & the Guinea match?

25. DzFooty

DzFooty Member

Feb 22, 2014
    Have you seen Guinea? Most of their starting team plays in a top 5 league in Europe. Salim Cisse at striker is a pretty good talent. They're not some no-name team of Africans who play on dirt fields. That team has a lot of good professionals.

Plus, if you watched the game, both of Guinea's goals came from 25-35 yards away. You'll never see two well-hit balls like that in the same game again. Iran went months without playing together so Guinea just happened to catch them napping. The match was pretty equal.