Worst Place Game

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by SankaCofie, Oct 17, 2005.

1. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    In 2002 a dutch movie company sponsored a game between the two lowest ranked teams in the world, it was the game for worst place.

In 2002 it was between Montserrat (a big volcano surrounded by water) and Bhutan (their scientists have just discovered electricity).

Does anyone know if there plans to stage another game like this? I'd think it'd be in Fifa's interest to do it, if only for PR reasons.

The two "finalists" as of now are American Samoa and Guam, two US overseas territories.

2. Gerrit

Gerrit New Member

May 20, 2005
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Does anyone know where the video of the Montserrat-Bhutan game can be found or ordered? The Belgian TV (I still lived in Belgium at that time) did not broadcast it...

I would have prefered that game over the Brazil-France WC final if only the TV had showed it.

3. RuudVanLineker

RuudVanLineker New Member

Oct 11, 2005
    cant be as bad as watching seria a

4. divinocodino1018

Oct 18, 2005
    Boston
    You must be mistaken...i thought u said serie a was bad to watch. What's better, the EPL with their 4-5-1 formation or La Liga with no technicality whatsoever. Serie A is how soccer should be played...case closed buddy.

5. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    seriously... like who would say a thing like that... the only reason I even watch soccer is for the technicality. ;)

6. divinocodino1018

Oct 18, 2005
    Boston
    the other leagues are great leagues...they are part of the top 3 in the world, but talkin smack about serie a when it is probably the best league right now is ignorant.