Worst logo designs ever!! PERIOD!!

Discussion in 'MLS: Rumors' started by futbolitico87, Aug 5, 2008.

1. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What are you talking about, before? The MetroStars NEVER won anything and the current incarnation hasn't won anything either!!! They get no stars. None.

2. Keystone FC

Keystone FC New Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Kettering, OH
    Club:
    Toronto FC

Sorry, but I've got to call you out on this one. Orange barrels mean only one thing in Ohio...road construction. Upgrading roads so people can get in and out of Ohio as fast as possible...fact. The only real construction that I have seen or read about in CBus was the new baseball park for the AAA Clippers (or whatever they'll name them sice becoming the Indians farm club). Not to mention it's the state capital so they have to spend taxpayers money on up keep of the city even if it doesn't need it, but back on point.
    CBus NEEDS to upgrade it's logo. Just face it. The colours don't match CBus' image, the logo doesn't match CBus' image, and the name doesn't match CBus' image. I think that's the problem...they don't know WHAT or HOW to change it because CBus has an image problem....they don't have an image.
    Why don't you use the statue of CC at the state house for inspiration
    http://www.waymarking.com/gallery/image.aspx?f=1&guid=2a77d51c-30f6-41df-9a4c-98247d387614

like St. Louis did:
    [​IMG]

http://www.stlouissoccerunited.com/

I can appreciate CBus going the route of CC rather than a bunch of laid off union workers on a pickett line.

3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I know that I was being facetious. Those stars mean nothing either. Supposedly, now on MLS jersey's each star represents an MLS CUP but they had two before they ever won anything.

4. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    As it has been explained to me, the Great Fire is viewed as less of a tragedy and more of the event that created the modern city of Chicago.

5. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last time I checked, road workers wear hard hats too.

6. umdemelo

umdemelo Member

Jul 15, 2006
    Charm City
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    When I first saw the crew logo I assumed it was because Columbus had some sort of industrial heritage. I thought the dudes were supposted to be steel workers or something. It seems like a logo and colors more approriate to Pittsburgh.

Thing is what else are you going to call Columbus, the Ohio Staters; the U is the only thing I associate with the place.

7. bigal614

bigal614 Member

Oct 19, 2008
    columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you are so ignorant what because the colors are not scarlet and gray it doesn't fit columbus may i ask what colors do?
    there no construction that means nothing that is our name
    the country is going into a recession there isn't any construction any where

8. Keystone FC

Keystone FC New Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Kettering, OH
    Club:
    Toronto FC

:)WINNER! WINNER! CHICKEN DINNER!:)

9. Keystone FC

Keystone FC New Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Kettering, OH
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Okay, a little vocabulary work needs to be done here:
    Ignorant (Ignorance) is the result of not being informed, or just not knowing, of a certain subject.
    I KNOW for a fact that when the Crews logo and colours were rolled out almost EVERYONE thought....PITTSBURGH?!
    I KNOW that this image DOES NOT FIT the city/capital that is CBus.
    I KNOW that CBus is OSU and OSU is CBus.
    But I digress on the last point because I didn't even mention the F@#keyes of Ohio State, or their colours, in my previous post...YOU came to that conclusion on your own. Just goes to show how much that school reflects on that city.
    But this is not your fault nor is it the clubs fault, the fault is with MLS because they were the ones who came up with all the trademarks for the 'originals'. Even they couldn't come up with an image that accurately portrays CBus.

As far as colours go why not Red, White, and Blue, like the state flag. Even the Bluejackets were able to incorporate it into a neat looking logo. I know, I know, too many R,W,B clubs in the MLS.

Here's another take on the Christopher Columbus theme. The Columbus city flag is Red, White, and Yellow, and CC claimed the New World for Spain, whose flag happens to be Red and Yellow. Not only is it a connection on the name but also allows you to use the city flag which fits the country CC was funded by for the voyage. You could also use CC crest in some way or just turn the hardhats into sailors and keep the Crew name.

Is this sinking in or am I throwing to many history items at you.

The internet. So easy even a caveman can use it.:D

10. bigal614

bigal614 Member

Oct 19, 2008
    columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the fans voted the name the crew and the logo

11. CrewNoob

CrewNoob Member

May 7, 2008
    Huntington, WV
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the Crew were red, white and blue it would just make us, what, like the fifth team with those colors? I don't think of OSU when I think of Columbus, probably because I hate the school, personally. I'm not saying the Crew's crest is the best, but I don't think it''s the worst, and I think some people let rivalries cloud their judgement on things. I mean, I think I can like DCU's crest even though I despise the team.

12. Keystone FC

Keystone FC New Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Kettering, OH
    Club:
    Toronto FC

MASSIVE FAIL!

13. Keystone FC

Keystone FC New Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Kettering, OH
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Just like I said Cbus having RWB would just make them like the others with RWB in their scheme.
    As far as the crest being the worst (in the MLS) I basically judge it solely on how out of place it seems in connection with the city. Better yet..out of character.
    I still say it would have been better to go the route of a Christopher Columbus theme rather than lunch break Union workers.

14. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No one gives a damn what you people think

15. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only MASSIVE FAIL I know of is TFC. :D

16. futbolitico87

futbolitico87 Member

May 11, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I say columbus crews colors are great, hands down. Its the design that is old and problably needs a change.

17. Keystone FC

Keystone FC New Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Kettering, OH
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Don't forget YOUR attendance.:eek::D

18. Keystone FC

Keystone FC New Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Kettering, OH
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    So how would you bring it up to speed? I'm sure that IF the Crew happen to win the cup that the club will look for ways to show off their club's winnings and keep the new fans that they have acquired over the season.
    Other than a star above the crest how do you redesign a clubs identity to draw new fans while not alienating its long time supporters.
    It's a tough task for any club in any sport especially when it's a sport that is JUST seeing the light of day after 13 years of hard work.

19. SxSxWxC

SxSxWxC Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Wyandotte Crossing
    Actually, no, they didn't.

20. SxSxWxC

SxSxWxC Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Wyandotte Crossing
    Do you actually live in Columbus? It certainly doesn't seem like it. "No construction"?! You mean besides the new Franklin County Court house, main street bridge, town street bridge, Lazarus building, "Scioto Mile" on Civic Center drive by the river front, "neighborhood launch" on gay street, high street reconstruction between lane and Arcadia, the new development in the Arena district (not the baseball stadium), the reconfiguration of Front street and the large housing developments on either side of the street, the Ibiza, "Smith and high", "York on high Condos" and "Jackson on High", right? :rolleyes:

21. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    MLS should change the Crew logo for the betterment of the leagues image. No need to worry about the 345 fans that would be disappointed with losing the village people on the front as anything different will be embraced (mostly because anything would be better) weather they want to admit it or not.

The only ones that will be disappointed would be the 3 New Yorkers that posed for the logo.:p

22. IndyMac

IndyMac Member

Nov 2, 2008
    Evansville, Indiana
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ranking Current Logos:

Toronto FC
    Chicago Fire
    DC United
    Chivas USA
    Real Salt Lake
    Red Bull New York
    Houston Dynamo
    Real Salt Lake
    Colorado Rapids
    FC Dallas
    Columbus Crew
    Seattle Sounders FC
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    San Jose Earthquakes
    New England Revolution
    Kansas City Wizards

St. Louis Soccer United would be in the top 4

23. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I would say

Toronto, Chicago, DCU, Chivas and Colorado have classy crests that are modern enough to be relevant for today's sports fan and traditional enough to last 20 years or more without needing an update.

Houston, Dallas and Seattle have great crests with a very modern feel but I think they won't last very long.

LA isn't bad not great, but it will probably be changed in 5 years.

NY is a advert I think their should be some restraint on marketing and the team crest should be off limits.

RSL and KC and San Jose need new names, RSL's badge is all over the place while KC's is about as plain as it gets. SJ's is pretty dumb, you'd think that if one big earthquake hits San Jose they would be quick to change the name I guess they like to tempt fate. Even for a natural disaster earthquake is lame anyway.

Columbus while they don't need to change their name (although personally I think they do) that crest has got to go. It is lame and makes no sense whats so ever. I mean if the 3 guys were founders or something, but complete randoms? In construction hats? I'm in construction and I think that it is the lamest thing I ever seen. The Wizards, RSL and Earthquake have worse names but the dumbest badge goes to Columbus and their village people, pretending to be tough logo. I would love to know where those guys who posed for that are from I bet they aren't even from Ohio.

And to those siting "Tradition" as a means not to change their crest. DC has more "tradition" and has updated theirs, same with LA. Logo changing is not limited to NA. Juventus, Manchester United, Arsenal, Inter Milan have all updated their crests within the last 10 years. Just about every team throughout the world has changed their crest once or more throughout their history. Change can be good, in Columbus' and KC's case it's badly needed.

24. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get off your horse. TFC's crest is boring, as is their whole Euro-snob attitude. Tell you what, when they win something, we can think about changing our crest then. Until that point, who gives a rat's ass.

25. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Our crest is class and you know it:p All we need is a team to go with it :rolleyes:

But it is good to know that in order for Columbus to change it will take TFC to make it happen. Some TFC fans already had the feeling we were out to save the league, thanks for clarifying that in Columbus' case it is true.