Worldwide Soccer Manager 2008

Discussion in 'San Jose OT' started by Thunder, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Thunder

Thunder Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Alameda
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Does anyone have this game?

It's supposed to be the soccer simulator. I'm thinking about picking it up for PC but I'm curious to know if the Quakes made it in there.

I'll probably get it either way but it'd be nice to build the Quakes into a powerhouse club, rather than some other team.

Any other info on it would be welcome too.

2. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    The Quakes are not in it. There is a patch out there somewhere, do some searching on Google and you can find it. However, I believe you have to take out one of the current MLS teams. Sorry, RSL.

The game itself is incredible. In my opinion, a must have for any true soccer fan.

3. Thunder

Thunder Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Alameda
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Well, that's a shame. Thanks for the heads up though. I'll probably just bounce out RSL or KC. I'm a bit surprised they don't account for possible expansion, but that's too hard to program for perhaps.

4. Chester_Spankington

Chester_Spankington New Member

Jan 15, 2006
    Hate to say it but I always felt playing a MLS season was a waste of time in WWSM. It's tough to get anyone decent to play for you, which takes out the fun of the transfer markets and whatnot. My best experiences have been using a lower level English team and getting promoted to the Premiership. Nice thing about that is it boosts your management ranking and you can apply for and usually get hired for national team jobs. It gets really fun when you coach Wolves or Sheffield in addition to Nigeria or some other country. It's not realistic since that won't fly in the real world, but it's fun to juggle the two jobs in the game.

5. brine

brine Member

Jan 8, 2002
    San Diego, CA
    I played the FM series of games for about 7 years, but now I've gone online. I found a great online soccer management game where you can create your own club from scratch, assigned somewhere in the lower divisions. The USA community is pretty active, too, so it's fun.

If you like FM, you'll also like TrophyManager. If you have questions, send me an in-game email.

http://www.trophymanager.com/index.php?ref=15299

6. Inkstier

Inkstier New Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Chico, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Granted there are some bugs in the MLS on that game, I think it's actually pretty damn fun. San Jose unfortunately won't be in until 2009(I use Football Manager not WWSM though) but yeah. You can use the editor in 2008 and go to the MLS and choose a team you want to replace with San Jose, so say pick Real Salt Lake and hit the Swap button at the bottom, then search for San Jose(which is built into the game in lower leagues of American soccer). You'll need to edit some details for them though because it's not programmed for reputation and not all of the players are on the team.