World's Current Best Player

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by Ronaldinho11, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Who is right now blow for blow the best player in the world?

2. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    As much as Ronaldinho is a one-man stud, I don't think there is anyone in the world playing at Henry's level. He is a complete player, who although he is a forward, is just as involved in the defense. He is unmatchable right now. With that said, I think that Ronaldinho can easily become the "best" player in the world sooner or later, prolly sooner.

3. Jon Pall

Jon Pall Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 29, 2003
    Washington D.C/Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Henry is also unmatchable in the "choking" department, the polar opposite of Ronaldinho.

4. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Likely reply from a ManU fan. Like you wouldnt want Henry on your side. O wait you have Ruud Van Nistellrooy.. lol hahahahahahaha.

5. Jon Pall

Jon Pall Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 29, 2003
    Washington D.C/Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

You are deluding yourself if you cannot recognize that Henry chokes during his big games..

6. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    Henry is sublime, whole other level than the rest of the options.

7. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I voted Gaucho, simply because he can outright Toy w/ defenses like a schoolboy and his chums.

He appears to be completely unmarkable

8. Rusty_Shackleford

Mar 24, 2004
    Zidane is by far the best player in the last fifteen years. He has both the tangible and intangible aspects of soccer. I think that was most evident at the 2002 World Cup, France couldnt do anything without him at 100%. The same France team that had Henry. Dont get me wrong, I think Henry is a great finisher, but I think if he went back to Italy and played forward, he wouldnt score nearly as many goals as he does in England. There is no way he is a level above the guys mentioned on the poll.

9. bc939kdl

bc939kdl New Member

Apr 7, 2003
    Chicago
    Henry is good, but Ronahldino is better.

10. CFC Blues

CFC Blues New Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Ireland
    I voted Zidane - amazed by his ability all around - also a "clutch" player

11. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    zidane for me also,his ability can be god like at times....

12. Allez_Zizou

Allez_Zizou New Member

May 24, 2002
    Metro Fan in Boston
    Agreed. Zidane has won both the World Cup and Champions League finals with his goals--and great goals too. Can't get any bigger than that. Also, his PK against Portugal in the Euro 2000 Semifinals also supports this--it was well struck and he didn't miss with the game on the line.

Henry is the best striker in the world but if I could choose one player to be on my team it is no doubt Zizou.

13. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    As an expatriate Franco-Englishman living in the States for the past decade, it is particularly satisfying to have two French geniuses who can justifiably lay claim to being the very best among contemporary world football's array of superstars. The post-Michel Platini era saw France suffer from something of an inferiority complex. How different things are now! Zidane's match-winning heroics at France 98 and Euro 2000 ensured he consolidated his place in the pantheon of all-time greats. Thierry Henry can be conferred the same status only if he sets Portugal alight this summer. He blotted his copybook in 2002 and will never have a better chance to redeem himself.

14. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My vote went for Thierry Henry. IMHO there is NO player better right now.

Ronaldo - my personal favorite of the four but he's been injured quite a bit this year.

Zidane - an amazing player but not as dominant as he was a few years ago.

Ronaldinho - too soon to consider him the best, though his influence on Barcelona's return to the top of Spanish football can't be denied.

Henry - BEST player on the best club team in Europe. Just my $0.02.

15. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If Henry is on a different level why didnt he score a hat trick against Man Utd or Chelsea?

16. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    anyone who has been following la liga this year and thinks that zidane is currently better than ronaldinho must be hallucinating.

if you saw real against barcelona yesterday you would agree with me. ronaldinho is technically the most gifted player since maradona and currently the best in the world in my opinion closely followed by henry.

zidane has been a great player and maybe the best european player of the last 30 years together with roberto baggio but currently he doesn't deliver like he used to.

17. Jon Pall

Jon Pall Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 29, 2003
    Washington D.C/Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I second that.

18. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    thanks but i realize that i forgot that johann cruyff has been the best european footballer the last 30 years :) nor zidane nor baggio are quite up to his standard

19. dienasty

dienasty New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Silent Earth
    zidane as of recently has been playing rather as if he has some sort of disease. it needs more options. by far ronaldo is the best

20. Jon Pall

Jon Pall Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 29, 2003
    Washington D.C/Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ronaldo?? as in Big Ronaldo?

21. dienasty

dienasty New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Silent Earth
    yes, gordo

22. lfc_jambo_lfc

lfc_jambo_lfc New Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Football does'nt work like that. Scoring all depends on the state of play and how the game is being played. There are also so many other factors, like how the mood of the player is in that day. And, could there be good opertunities to get the goals?!?!?

For example, Henry could score 2 goals against Liverpool but may not score any against a team like Blackpool, a second division team.

23. lfc_jambo_lfc

lfc_jambo_lfc New Member

Apr 27, 2004
  24. Dynamoloko17

Dynamoloko17 New Member

Apr 8, 2004
    I think carlos tevez is one of the best players right now but not the best he is still developing. Same with Kaka. Nedved is very good too and can compete and show well with all these men. But there should be no one with the title world's best player. Everyone has bad and good days and has a different style of play. If u stick a good deffender on any of these guys they could all be taken out of the game.

25. HSV forever

HSV forever New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    Northern Virginia, U
    No doubt about it, HENRY is the best in the game.