World Soccer Weekly Radio Announces National Syndication

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by WorldSoccerWeekly, Sep 27, 2002.

1. WorldSoccerWeekly

WorldSoccerWeekly New Member

May 14, 2002
    Redondo Beach, CA
    World Soccer Weekly & Sports Byline USA Agree on National Syndication.

September 27,2002 Redondo Beach, CA - World Soccer Weekly, a two hour radio show devoted exclusively to global soccer has signed a syndication deal with Sports Byline USA.

World Soccer Weekly, heard Sundays on KMPC 1540 LA is hosted by English ex-pats Steven Cohen and Nick Geber both . They will be bringing their brand and passion for global soccer to a national audience as of Sunday October 20th. This is the first soccer show ever to reach syndication in the United States and signals a clear shift in the popularity of the sport.

With MLS attendance up 6% this year and with the tremendous success of the US men’s national team at this summer’s World Cup the timing could not be any better. “We are certainly encouraged by both those facts, but also the fact that America is really cultivating some world class talent and as a result the product on the field is getting better and more popular. You can’t fool the public with a poor product it is as simple as that” said Steven Cohen CEO of Soccer Weekly, Inc the production company that produces World Soccer Weekly.

“Additionally there really is a great appetite for a talk radio show dealing with all the world’s great soccer leagues - from England to Mexico, from Spain to Argentina and of course this is THE melting pot for people from all over the world and soccer is really a year round sport. We are very excited about this huge development” added Nick Geber President of Soccer Weekly Inc.

Sports Byline USA is America's #1 Sports Talk Show. Now in its 14th year, Sports Byline USA has become the most popular radio sports talk network in the country. It's heard on nearly 200 radio stations and by 2.2 million listeners per week. Additionally, Sports Byline is heard internationally on 500 stations of the American Forces Network as well as in Canada and the Virgin Islands.

www.sportsbyline.com
    www.worldsoccerweekly.com

2. olujosh

olujosh Member

Aug 23, 1999
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats! That is WONDERFUL NEWS!

This is the only sport where "competing" radio shows don't really compete. I support this show 100% and wish I would see more like it.

Maybe one of these days MY show can get hooked up with a big time station and get nationally sindicated. *sigh* ....a guy can dream can't he?

Congrats, and keep up the good work!

SUPPORT SOCCER RADIO!

3. WorldSoccerWeekly

May 14, 2002
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Thanks!

And yes, you're right....

We need MORE SOCCER SHOWS out in national syndication. Maybe then people will realize that the World game is here to stay.

Nick

4. JohnnyRev

JohnnyRev Member

Feb 23, 2001
    Boston, MA
    These guys are shameless Galaxy fans. How is that act going to play across the country? Not well, I think.

5. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    im listening to your last show by the internet.

how does the show work? do you talk about mls for like the first hour then the other leagues? (maybe you can explain about the segments)

6. CrewSchmack

CrewSchmack Member

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Mar 3, 1999
    Delaware, OH
    Re: Thanks!

When will your show be broadcast? Time wise?

It's good to know if I should try to pull in the Marion affiliate. It's unfortunate that no affiliates exist near Columbus except for a low power Marion station.

Good luck! I hope the ratings are excellent for you...it will be interesting since the majority of the stations appear to be in small rural markets (at least out this way).

7. WorldSoccerWeekly

May 14, 2002
    Redondo Beach, CA
    You're not right

We're MLS fans although that only accounts for about 30% of what we cover on the show.

As to being "shameless" Galaxy fans, I would beg to disagree. We have been a local show in the local market and as such have followed the Galaxy, but we've been extremely critical of the Galaxy when approprate. Actually, if we're shameless fans, I'll admit to being a shemeless Liverpool fan!

Nick

8. WorldSoccerWeekly

May 14, 2002
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Okay...

Our show is primarily caller driven.

We start by going around the world leagues, results, news etc.

We host special guests and open the lines up to callers. We'll talk about just about any league, any team. From the EPL to MLS, Mexico, Argentina, Spain, France, Italy, Holland as well as internationals and regional tourneys (Champs league, gold cup etc. etc.)

The affiliate listing on the SBUSA page is slightly old. There are rural as well as primairy markets.. check out our website at www.worldsoccerweekly.com - we'll be keeping an updated affiliate list starting in the next couple of weeks.

If you're not in an area with radio coverage, we can be heard via streaming audio or on Sirius Satellite Radio on Channel 123

The show will be carried live every Sunday from 7-9AM Pacific, 9-11AM Central and 10-Noon Eastern.

We have other programming in the works as well so keep checking back!

Nick.

9. olujosh

olujosh Member

Aug 23, 1999
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me know if your new "boss" looking for a radio show that focuses on AMERICAN soccer....

:)

10. WorldSoccerWeekly

May 14, 2002
    Redondo Beach, CA
    The more the merrier

I understand that there is a possible MLS centered show soon to be released on a different network.

It's happening!

Nick

11. olujosh

olujosh Member

Aug 23, 1999
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd be curious to find out more about that....

drop me an email if you hear anything further...

soccerfanatics@wlnz.org