World Soccer Magazine

Discussion in 'Collectors' started by comme, Sep 10, 2005.

1. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Does anyone collect back issues of World Soccer?

Are there any good places to find old issues?

2. Brook

Brook BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 13, 2001
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How old?

3. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Any age really. But preferably early 90s and older.

4. Gregoriak

Gregoriak BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    When did World Soccer start?

5. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm thinking 70's or early 80's...

6. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    I've seen issues from the mid 60s.

7. Gregoriak

Gregoriak BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    On the last page they have this look back at previous World Soccer editions, and often there's one from the early 60s. I never saw them going back to the 50s or earlier, so I guess they started around 1960.

8. wookh

wookh New Member

Aug 19, 2005
    I have some old copies. Let me know if you are interested. Please email to me directly.

Woo_kh@yahoo.com

9. cesdavail

cesdavail New Member

Jun 24, 2006
    I have all the issues from June 1995 up to September 1995. Do you need any of this?

10. cesdavail

cesdavail New Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Hi, I have all the numbers of World Soccer Magazine from June 1995 up to September 1996.
    Are you looking for any of this magazines?
    Please get in touch with me, if so.
    Bye, bye

11. The Rising Suun

The Rising Suun New Member

May 22, 2004
    Texas, USA
    I've got nearly every issue from May 2002 till now, but I'm not interested in selling.

They have a number (iirc) in each issue for ordering back issues, there is probably an email address to, I'd say shoot them an email and ask for a list.

12. kickoff3pm

kickoff3pm Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Staffordshire
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I know someone who has got some of these how much are they worth to you and I'll see if they want to sell them.

13. andycroll

andycroll New Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Hi there.

My uncle recently passed away and I discovered a MASSIVE horde of football related memorabilia. In this horde were his back issues of World Soccer.

I have every issue from 1960 (I believe it to be issue 1) to mid 1997 (bar some of 1965 but they might be in another box somewhere).

I was planning to ebay them in 6-monthly lots, but if anyone wants to get in first I'm not doing it before the weekend...

Feel free to PM me or email me at andycroll (at) deepcalm (dot) com

14. REBOLLOS

REBOLLOS Member

Aug 23, 1999
  15. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Does anyone have any around August 1970, August 1982, June 1985, any from 1992 and 1993?

16. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Any one have any more of these?

I'm still interested in getting them. I now have a near complete collection going back to 1987, plus have assorted ones from the 60s, 70s and 80s. I'm really looking to buy in bulk for early years if possible.

For anyone that was interested the first edition was October 1960.

17. NIVa

NIVa New Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Moscow, Russia
    Hi!!!

Comme, tell me please, how many issue World Soccer Magazine have on first list team group photo of football clubs or Nation teams???

Best regards from Russia!!!! Igor.

18. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    You mean on the front page?

There was a phase in the late 70s where they had team photos on the front page all the time so I guess about 30-40 issues.

Most issues going back to the late 60s had team photos though and through to the modern day.

19. NIVa

NIVa New Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Moscow, Russia
    Hello Comme!!!

Yes - front page!!!
    Comme, have You a desire and possibility to scan a front page of magazines where are printed by a photo of football clubs and National teams only? (I remember - Dynamo Tiflis, Bayern, Brasil team and ect).

In an exchange I can offer a scan teams group photos from magazines Football Monthly (1974-1991) or Goal (I have near 15% posters 1968-1974) or posters from AS Color (Spain mag) or other.

To You for the information: in Russia the magazine began to be on sale only since 1999. I have all Russian releases of this magazine. First 7-9 numbers were a direct translation from English, even have saved an English logo - "World soccer". The Very first issue in Russia was from Shevchenko on a front page.
    Then publishers of the Russian and English version "have not divided money" :). The magazine since 2000 was published under Russian logo "World football".
    In 2007 the magazine "has died". The name has changed, the magazine began to be called "All football", but registration remains former. (Probably again money has "not divided" :)).

In the Russian version of magazine printed many posters of football clubs and players. Two years special releases - appendices "posters from "All football" are printed. Very interesting historical and modern photos (look change logo). If you I interest is ready to scan for you these posters.

For example photos:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Little part my collection on - http://ipicture.ru/Users/NIVa/

Best regards!!! Igor.

20. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Hi Igor,

Sorry for taking a while but I've been away on holiday.

Sadly I don't have a scanner, but if I get one I'll let you know and try and scan some of these for you.

Love those scans you had above, particularly that Rest of the World team from 1963.

21. kickoff3pm

kickoff3pm Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Staffordshire
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You can put a wanted listing on my web site www.kickoff3pm.com

22. NIVa

NIVa New Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Moscow, Russia
    Hi Comme!!!

Holiday - it is very-very good!!! My last vacation - I travelled on Egypt - fantastic!!!!:)

OK!!! I will wait. I have scancopy WS for march 1971 (only ONE :() with Brugge (young Rensenbrink!!!) on front page and Celtic on back page. I You interest I may send email it.

Best regards!!! Igor.

23. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Just wonder if anyone could help me here - I remember when I used to buy World Soccer in the late 1990s, this is when I first started my archive of international football results. I seem to recall reading about a certain match from 1997, but I have been unable to verify or get the exact date for it, because I no longer have the issues of World Soccer relevant to the match.

The match in question was a buildup match for the Fiji national team for the 1998 World Cup Qualifiers (which were held in June 1997), and it was against New Caledonia. I think the match was in Fiji, and finished 5-0 or 5-1 to the home side. Therefore, I expect details of this match would be in either the May or June 1997 editions of World Soccer in the Oceania section. If anyone could help, I would be very grateful.

24. vesopapak

vesopapak New Member

Dec 28, 2010
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    I am giving away world soccer from october 1996 till now for free(just pay for postage please) as I am in the process of moving
    also,442 magazine (Australia version) as well

25. cat123456789101

cat123456789101 New Member

Dec 31, 2010