World Of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by bostonsoccermdl, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I've set Paul Stanley - Live to Win to loop. Bring on Cataclysm!

2. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Haha, I linked that on my guild forums for everyone to get ready.

So how are you Euros doing, does your server look anything like this?

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4223/wowscrnshot120610235954.jpg

I'm glad I bought the digital copy so I can stay logged in at home and not struggle to log in after everyone else gets back from the store, barring unforeseen issues of course.

3. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    My server was fine, some people had to wait for a bit to log back in but I was back in game at 23:06. I race changed and all my dailies...all 25 had been lost so that pissed me off a bit.

Managed to get about half way thru lvl 82 and I'm still in the underwater zone (I can't remember it's name) it's very pretty but the quests are...meh. They might be OK since I was rushing through them.

Need sleep now tho :eek:

4. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    At 85 and starting heroics. Thus far it seems like, as with prior expansions, the heroic versions of the pre-level cap dungeons are the easiest (like Nexus in Wrath or Underbog/Slave Pens in TBC) with the exception of Stonecore.

Heroic Deadmines is rough, though, and heroic Lost City and Grim Batol are nightmares.

5. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I only did my first heroic today. I didn't know that gear in your bag counts towards your average gear level, and I had gotten rid of a lot of higher level gear which dropped me below 329. Reached the first boss of heroic shadowfang, wiped, 2 members of our group left and I didn't bother with heroics after that. A lot of my guild members have exams around now so they don't have much time to run heroics and I don't want to get too far ahead of them.

I've been working on my professions with the goal of getting a Vial of the Sands mount. I still haven't hit Alchemy 525 on my main, as I have herbing on my alt, and I needed to level it a bit in order to gather in Uldum (not purchasing many mats at the hugely inflated prices). I finally reached 521, and will hit 525 in a day or so while I wait for my transmute cooldown. Archaeology has been a bear. It takes far too long to do, and far too long to level. Once you hit 100 you will only level up through solving, and that takes roughly 10 digsites worth of gathering - and a hell of a long time spent taking the flight taxi.

6. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If you're doing guild runs and not pugs you'll find they get easy quickly. Not faceroll easy to the point of WotLK but smooth at least. Deadmines was the most fun for me, Halls of Origination is great with a good guild group but horrible with pugs.

Of course if you get a tank who doesn't realize you should be CCing stuff like in BC it's all impossible.

So far I've done Lost City, Grim Batol, Deadmines, SFK, Halls and Vortex Pinnacle Heroic and they were all fun but challenging.

I hit 525 Archeology cause I want a shot at the staff but as a mage I can't see doing Archeology on any other class (portals help a lot).

7. AnxietyCoachJohn

AnxietyCoachJohn Red Card

Nov 23, 2010
    Santa Monica,CA
    Its really hooked me up with this game i enjoy playing this game with my friends...... Nice game:D

8. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game's intro cinematics through the years (part 1 of 2):

World of Warcraft (2004)

World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade (2006)

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (2008)

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (2010)

9. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game's intro cinematics through the years (part 2 of 2):

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria (2012)

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor (2014)

World of Warcraft: Legion (2016)

10. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    I quit during Cataclysm, came back during Warlords of Draenor and promptly quit again once I got all my characters to 100. The game wasn't anywhere near as grindy as it had been in the Vanilla days, which is a huge plus, but the sense of community and wonderment is pretty much gone. The Facebooky Garrisons I could never get into. That said, I'll be back for Legion! Hehe.

11. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'll be able to get a taste of it this coming Tuesday (August 9th). :)

-G