World Of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by bostonsoccermdl, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well Cata is really an entirely new game so it's not like you'd be jumping back in...

... wait, I don't think I can help :D

2. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    You could give it to me... :D

4.0.0 patch is out over this weeks downtime. I can't wait to see all the new features first hand

3. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    While the changes are huge and there are some bugs, it has been an amazingly smooth transition compared to the 3.0 patch.

4. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    I know, I mean actually being able to play the game on patch day is pretty amazing. And yet the forums are still full of people bitching and moaning

5. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I could figure out how to do it (it's associated to my Blizzard account, and I also play StarCraft II) I'd get it to you. But as far as I know, the beta keys can't be transferred.

6. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    Damnit I wish I was a scribe, they've been making 100k in a day.

7. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I've actually been giving Aion a second try recently. I can't tell if much has changed yet (largely because I originally played an Ely and I rolled an Asmo this time), but it seems okay.

8. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    which server?. let me know if you are on Siel. I have a lvl 55 Asmo Sin named "Tourniquet." I won be on for another month due to travel, and wont have to much internet access, but let me know if you rolled on Siel and want to meet up.

9. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Nope - Israphel. Isn't Siel technically a west coast server?

10. bostonsoccermdl

Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Yes. Which is a bit inconvenient for me, but I joined a solid gaming guild that has been around for years through a friend, and that is what they picked so I just decided to go with it.

11. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The Shattering is expected on Tuesday the 23rd and Cataclysm will be released 2 weeks later.

Here's a good summary of what happens with each one (patch 4.0.3a referred to in the link is the shattering):

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content...rtune-Patch-4.0.3a-content-Blue-Posts-Fan-Art

Also:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GJ7eueZ1wY"]YouTube - Blizzcon 2010 - Red Shirt Guy Auto-tune Tribute!!!!![/ame]

12. Mr. Bandwagon

Mr. Bandwagon Member

Terremotos
    May 24, 2001
    the Barbary Coast
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So has anyone on this thread returned since the Shattering? The scale of the changes they implemented is just amazing.

14. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    I agree, it's like a completely new game for the first 30 levels on Alliance anyway. I started a new character to see if the starting zones were that different and I've spent all day playing on it.

Westfall is pretty good but Bravo Company in Red Ridge is just brilliant.

If Cataclysm is as good as this then they've got me hooked again.

15. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    The main problem now is that when you get to the Burning Crusade areas it's like going back in time. That's now pretty much the only part of the game that's stuck in the 'fetch ten pigeons foreskins' era.

16. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yep, and they acknowledged that problem which makes me think they'll do something about it eventually but they also pointed out that they just can't do anything about it now.

Toon: Same thing hordeside. The starting areas that are new (Troll) or changed (Tauren, Undead) are beautifully designed and the Aszhara, Ashenvale, Stonetalon lines are amazing. And if you haven't seen the new Org since your main is Alliance, you need to stop by for a visit.

17. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    I've got a Horde 80 so I logged on to have a look at Org and it is great, be good to see what it looks like from the air.

Going to wait for the expansion and make a Goblin to see all the new Horde zones. There is so much stuff to do and we have the expansion coming a week Tuesday as well! They have really spoiled us with this patch.

18. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I've logged untold days on WOW, killed pre-nerf M'uru and Kil'jaeden, hold The Immortal title, and possess a stupid amount of obscure achievements.

Yet I have no idea where the hell ANYTHING is in Orgrimmar. :D

19. El_tri321mex

El_tri321mex Member

Oct 20, 2006
    berkeley
    World PVP is looking hot this upcoming xpac too ,
    I like every change so far except flying mounts on azeroth seems kinda dumb to me

20. bostonsoccermdl

Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I cancelled my account awhile back, so havent played in months. A friend of mine told me they were going to make instances more challenging (similar to the old days) vs having loot pinata's, and giving out epics.

Has anyone else heard this? (I guess it was due to complaining..)

21. El_tri321mex

El_tri321mex Member

Oct 20, 2006
    berkeley
    Yeah , They nerfed AOE dps by alot ,
    Back to cc square dps skull

22. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    It looks like I will be drawn back into WoW. I had uninstalled and had no real interest in Cataclysm, but it looks like everyone has gone back to WoW, which leaves me little choice but to follow.

23. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF5x_AS1yYw"]YouTube - World first World of Warcraft Lib Dub: We Didn't Start the Fire by Billy Joel[/ame]

24. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  25. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Less than 24 hours till the EU launch. I've been around for the last two expansions and this is the one I've been most excited about.