World is not that big!

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by modenafc1912, Nov 12, 2004.

1. modenafc1912

modenafc1912 New Member

Jan 28, 2003
    Modena, Italy
    Club:
    Modena FC
    Hi everybody.

This is just a curious thing, didn't know where to post it exactly, I hope it doesn't hurt anyone.
    Right now, coming back home from work, I saw - among dozens - a car parked in the street, a Mini Cooper grey and black: nothing strange, but the fact that it comes from Virginia, County of Fairfax exactly (and they are pretty uncommon here ...). It belongs - so it's written - to T. Perez, who is gonna staying here in Modena from November 12 to 14. Surfing your board, I saw that many DC fans come from Virginia and some from Fairfax: so I was wondering if someone of you there knows him or if this man is a DC fans himself.

Cheers from Modena, Italy
    Max

2. neilgrossman

neilgrossman New Member

May 12, 2000
    Hoboken, NJ
    Sad to say, but only a small percentage of people in the US are soccer fans. If you were to see someone from DC, you might guess he's a Redskins (american football) fan, but the chances of being a DC United fan are pretty small.

3. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Someone stole my car!! How did it get to Italy?!

4. modenafc1912

modenafc1912 New Member

Jan 28, 2003
    Modena, Italy
    Club:
    Modena FC
    Ops! I only asked for a brand new Mini Cooper with a nice Virginia mark ... but don't worry, you have 2 more days to come and get the car, I think you can make it.

Answering to neilgrossman, it would have been nice to have a deal with a DC Utd fan, we could change our scarves. MLS stuff is difficult to find here: I saw once a white t-shirt with the big MLS logo, worn by another Modena fan and when I asked, I learnt he bought it during a trip in the Us.
    About numbers, you are right, Us soccer fans are still a small minority: but it's also true that many of these (DC itself and Fire) live soccer experience with a great passion that makes feel positive about the future of the game.

Looking forward to HDC.