World Cups

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by Richie #11, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Richie #11

Richie #11 New Member

Jun 16, 2004
    London
    Hey all, any opinions on Adidas World Cups? (the SG version of Copa Mundial's)
    Also, I remember ages ago someone saying on here that if you wear your boots into the shower they fit around your feet? This true? And if so how should you dry them? Obviously this would only work with leather boots, not Nike's synthetic ones.
    Cheers!

2. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I loved my world cups. I had the FG ones. They were a fantastic boot and really comfy. They are trashed now though. And the leather has gone a bit too soft so they dont support my feet properly anymore. But thats my fault i've worn them too many times.

I've never personally got in the shower with my boots on. I think they just shape naturally to your foot and probably more so with you kicking a ball in them as i believe that helps to mould them. But if you wanted to give it whirl you'd have to get them soaked and dry them by putting screwed up newspaper into the boots and leaving them for a few days to dry out fully. Dont put them infront of a heater or fire whatever you do because this will damage the leather.

appleCORR

3. Richie #11

Richie #11 New Member

Jun 16, 2004
    London
    Ah good shout! Didn't think about putting newspaper in them! Think I may have to invest in them, heard some good things! Cheers, you're good at replying to my posts!!

4. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hahaha, thanks.

They are great boots. And really comfy once you've worn them in the tongue is just annoying when they are brand new.

But they are well worth the moneny. I think they are kinda a forgotten boot with all the technology you can get with your boots now - lol.

appleCORR

5. Soccerbest7

Soccerbest7 New Member

Aug 16, 2004
    I disagree. I did this shower method with my Vapors 1 and they got wider which is what i wanted because my feet are not narrow at all

6. Becks23

Becks23 New Member

Jul 4, 2003
    UNREAL boots

awesome fit and touch. I bought mine to fit in the length PERFECTLY (regardless of how tight they are in the width). Soak them in warm water for 20 mins and then go and have a kick around with them, the longer the better. Let teh boots dry to your feet if possible and then stuff newspaper int hem to maintain shape.

You can absolutely hammer a ball in World Cup's cuz the sole's so stiff

7. Richie #11

Richie #11 New Member

Jun 16, 2004
    London
    Really? I'm surprised 'cos I thought the point was for that material to keep it's shape, I know that's the case with my AZT90II