World Cup

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by Primitive Ways, Mar 26, 2018.

1. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hey guys,I've been commenting ont WC forum,specifically the Portugal.Many have been commenting how Portugal is one of Europe's "big team",when I pointed out that traditionally that's never been the case,big dogs in Europe are:Ger,Ita,Eng,Neth,Spain?Maybe one more,Portugals accomplishment in WC 3/4 place in '66 and 2006 no wc cup,how does this make them a "big team"?Im glad Uruguay took the win,its going to be a good match vs Russia .Peru and Colombia got to step up or they're gone.

2. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The more I see Argentina the more I believe the game in Quito was fixed.

3. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
  4. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Argentina was limping all along in qualifiers,but I honestly thought they would have improved by the start of the WC.I just think their squad gave it all they had and it's not enough,new blood is needed just like our NT.

5. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Haha check out this video from Russia,it didn't air live,but was from an outtake.

damnecuadorian repped this.
  6. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hey guys,what's up!Lots of exciting closing round games.Iran nearly took a spot from Portugal,they played with pure heart .Morocco also made Spain suffer.Now on to Conmebols teams,Man ,Argentina came back today against Nigeria,but they're lacking that mental strength,as soon as they get scored on,they start to panic and give away balls,luckily today they were more prepared and Rojo save them from
    total collapse.I had a feeling Uruguay would advance to quarterfinals,their football is not pretty but they get results and know how to set the pace,Portugal has it tough with these guys,expect a very physical game and maybe a bite or two,but I think they can spoil Portugals chances.Argentina has it tougher with France even though I haven't been too impressed with them,but they a deep roster.I hope Mexico doesn't fold but they should beat the Swedes.

7. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Sweden had one job.....

Ibra would have scored 2.

8. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Can’t believe we let those chumps go to the World Cup.

9. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Sampaoili ate it,puts up a433 line up against one of the fastest teams and very talented group,besides Messi,DiMaria,Mascherano and Agüero,Banega the rest are straight up mediocre,goalie is trash also.

10. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Sampaoli thought this was the Chile team. Argentina aren’t capable of playing with such a high defensive line.

11. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Uruguay, putting The so called "big dog" Portugal in their place,not a shocker to me.I knew Uruguay was going to give them a hard time trying to establish their game.One thing about Uruguay,if they take it to your line,they don't waste chances ,they put it in.If they can frustrate the French,they can beat them,but they need to come out with more offensive power.

12. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Big dog? Where did you read that? lol

13. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Dam who would of thought Egypt would finish last in their groups.

World Champs, Euro Cup Champs and Messi out. Kinda wanna see Neymar and Brazil in that boat too TBH. Im def rooting for Mexico.

Kinda Wish Belgium was on the other side of the bracket cause a France vs Belgium final for this wc is something I would have loved to seen.

What do you guys see happening on the other side of the bracket ? Spain would most likely face Croatia. You guys think Croatia can eliminate Spain? I hope so Spain reaching the final is to boring really.

The match beetween Sweden and Switzerland pretty even but Im leaning closer to Sweden. Colombia vs England what do you guys say ?

14. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    :D:D
    Some newbie Portugal fans ,I had to school in the WC forum.homies thought since they won the Euro cup,that qualified them as top team like Germany etc.stubborn bastards didn't get it ,I told them that Portugal has always been second tier team,to which they took offense and called Ecuador 2 tier.and I agreed with them but told them Portugal also.I didn't want to rub it in that in a friendly in Portugal,2nd tier Ecuador beat 2nd tier Portugal with Ronaldo playing.freaking kids.:D

15. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I have the Swiss over Sweden,but not by much.Spain haven't been that overwhelming team from previous cups?so I think Croatia may have a chance.France -Belgium would have been awesome.Im afraid England is going to put an end to Colombia s run,rooting for Colombia still.

16. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ecuador is 2nd tier?! Ecuador is more like 3rd tier now. We have no coaches, literally no future stars to look forward to, all youth NTs suck, the local league sucks, and Valencia is getting old. Ecuador is in a terrible place right now.

Anyways, this WC is insane and I love it. I was rooting for Mexico but Brasil is just too good right now. I hope a new team that has never won the WC wins it.

Primitive Ways repped this.
  17. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Man that Japanese squad ,were too naive ,at the end .They should have made a tactical foul on that counter by the Belgians.They had the Belgians on the ropes,just couldn't close the game.

18. ECUAlex

ECUAlex Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Japan losing to Belgium was heartbreaking even as a neutral. Brazil have been my pick since the start and they do seem like the favorite to win it from this point on.

How does everyone feel about the negative press Neymar gets for time wasting?

Part of me wants to sympathize with him because he does get kicked a lot. However his showboating is definitely provoking all these tackles. I actually tolerate diving if it's believable but the theatrics of him rolling around are definitely annoying to watch.

19. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    // Resurrecting thread.

We are in this time around. What lineups should we expect?

20. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    There's still a long time until this gets shored up, but I think we can absolutely expect a few "locks" assuming guys stay healthy and maintain form:
    -Estupiñan
    -Hincapie
    -M. Caicedo
    -Plata
    -Torres
    -Mena
    -Gruezo
    -Sarmiento
    -Dominguez
    -Galindez

I don't see the rest of the team as surefire bets for call-ups, and I think that competition leading up to the final call-up will be a fantastic hook to make sure our players are fully committed. All teams will also benefit from a 26-man roster for the World Cup, so we have 3 flex spots to bring a few guys who have flown under the radar.

21. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In before the lock!

22. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Do we have a new kit already?

23. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Cris 09 repped this.
  24. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  25. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm glad Colombia did not qualify for the WC. It just cut down my number of kits I need to buy to 6 instead of 9.