World Cup watch parties across the US

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Piffy187, Apr 3, 2022.

1. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since I can’t go to Qatar I was wondering what places across the US have the best sporting event watch parties?
    I’ve been to the power and light district in KC and it was phenomenal. Looking for other places, in Florida, perhaps Seattle, Austin, etc. Basically looking to make a few trips during the World Cup to different states and catch some games while I’m at it. Any info is greatly appreciated.

The Clientele repped this.
  2. Joe Kurr

Joe Kurr Member

Sporting Kansas City
    United States
    Mar 21, 2017
    Hello there! Checking the American Outlaws Chapter Bar webpage is probably a good place to start! Bigger cities usually set up huge watch parties closer to the games. For example Kansas City, as you've mentioned above. The AO Chapter Bar is Johnny's Tavern which is packed to the brims and then the huge watch party just outside of Johnny's doors in the center of P and L.

https://www.theamericanoutlaws.com/chapters

The Clientele repped this.
  3. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Fancy Title Here

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing will ever beat Columbus in 2002.

4. NorcalHockeyhooligan

Feb 25, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw on the AO website a place to watch USMNT in San Jose, California.
    But if there are any San Francisco Bay Area folks on this forum, what places do you recommend for watching the upcoming World Cup games in the BayArea? Ideally, the place would also have great food too.
    Thanks for any suggestions.

5. pirozhok

pirozhok Member+

United States
    Jul 20, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LA area joints:
    Barney's Beanery, 250 N 1st St, Burbank, (818) 524-2912
    Underdogs Sports Bar, 156 S Brand Blvd, Glendale (AO-chaptered, confirmed), (818) 484-7677
    Schoonerville Sports Bar, 8901 De Soto Ave, Canoga Park (confirmed), (818) 527-1231
    Sonny McLean Irish Pub, 2615 Wilshire Blvd, Santa Monica (confirmed), (310) 449-1811
    Legends Sports Bar, 5236 2nd St, Long Beach (confirmed, will be opening at 6AM on match days), (562) 433-5743
    The Nickel Mine Sports Bar, 11363 Santa Monica Blvd, LA, (310) 231-0239
    Big Wangs Sports Bar - 5300 Lankershim Blvd, NoHo, 818-985-2449
    Goal Sports Bar, 8334 W. 3rd St, LA, 323-655-5955
    Ye Old King’s Head - 116 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica, (310) 451-1402
    Cronies Sports Grill (AO-chaptered bar, so i guess they are confirmed)
    2752 Cochran St, Simi Valley, (805) 583-9999

wixson7 repped this.
  6. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I'm going to be in Heathrow, connecting to my next BA flite. I built in a perfect Wales-watching window... So, any secret American-friendly bars in BA terminal? (I need a USO entry!) Probably just watch from the "calm" of the lounge, but anyone who knows BA terminal got a fave sports-watching spot?

7. Bucho

Bucho New Member

Barcelona
    Mexico
    Feb 20, 2022
    I live in Las Vegas, the entertainment capital of the world. Any watch parties around here?

8. um_chili

um_chili Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    Losanjealous
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Longshot but does anyone know a good watch venue in Richmond or sugar land TX? I had plans to watch in Houston but then life happened and now I’m stuck out there for the day. Thanks for any thoughts!!