World Cup Viewing

Discussion in 'Phoenix' started by HSV Hooligan, Jun 8, 2010.

1. HSV Hooligan

HSV Hooligan New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    Shaker Heights, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, so I've heard all about the US-England viewing parties going on around the valley - but what about the rest of the World Cup? Are there going to be any bars/pubs that are going to open (or be willing to open) early and broadcast ALL of the games?

Is there even any interest from others in viewing all the games live (even those that start EARLY)?

2. Noodles

Noodles Member

Apr 24, 2001
    Chandler, AZ
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    McDuffy's Grille in Chandler will be opening at 7 a.m. for any matches in which the U.S., Mexico, or England are playing. They will also open for other early matches for groups of 12 or more. Buffalo Wings & Rings, also in Chandler, is opening for all early matches involving the U.S., Mexico, or a European team. They have free wi-fi and lots of outlets and invite fans to set up a "home office" there during the WC matches. (BWR will probably be MLSPR's recommended EV viewing site for USA-Slovenia on June 18.) Upper Deck Sports Grill in Scottsdale will open as early as 6 a.m. for confirmed groups. Not sure how many people are willing to commit to showing up for a 7 a.m. match though ...

3. HSV Hooligan

HSV Hooligan New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    Shaker Heights, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But I asked about NON-US matches...the REST of the world cup (of course, any bar is going to show the US match, that's a given). And I found my answer:

AZ Repub Article

Bomberos

4. Noodles

Noodles Member

Apr 24, 2001
    Chandler, AZ
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLSPR World Cup Viewing Parties

USA-SLOVENIA - Two Locations
    Friday, June 18 at 7 a.m.
    - Buffalo Wings & Rings in Chandler
    - Upper Deck Sports Grill in Scottsdale

DENMARK-CAMEROON
    Saturday, June 19 at 11 a.m.

BRAZIL-IVORY COAST
    Sunday, June 20 at 11 a.m.

USA-ALGERIA - Two Locations
    Wednesday, June 23 at 7 a.m.
    - McDuffy's in Chandler

** McDuffy's in Peoria will open early for both U.S. matches and is a recommended West Valley viewing site.