World Cup viewing in Indianapolis

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by YanksFC, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Brugge Brasserie

Brugge Brasserie New Member

Jun 11, 2006
    It is our pleasure. The real projector gets fixed today. Saturday will look real nice. (Not to mention Brazil this afternoon)

2. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

I think you meant to say "Croatia this afternoon." Our big Croatian population in Indy will turn out en masse!

Thanks for doing this, Ted, it's great to have so many places to watch.

3. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    what/where is 'your shop'?

4. usa1950

usa1950 Member

Aug 18, 2000
    Indiana USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I ran into Jason Kersh a few months back..... as mentioned previously by YanksFC. He seemed to be doing fine and was indeed working for a company who does remodeling work on homes (interiors I think) and from what I remember, he was not the one laying the tile, but rather the one telling the other guys where to lay the tile... or something like that. I offered him a job, on the condition that he wear a Liverpool shirt (and a FOWLER one at that) to work every day. If you ever used the toilet, sorry, loo... at the Chippy, you know how he would have taken my offer.

He said he missed the Chippy, as do I. Does anyone have any of his Curry Gravy in their freezer? I will pay top dollar!!

The Brugge was fun yesterday, FANTASTIC pomme frites, and a pretty full house. I am completely convinced that the poor performance by the US is directly related to my lack of posts on this thread, so now that you have read this, we will play well against Italy.

I can't help but be completely crushed by the performance against the Czechs, but as YanksFC so eloquently stated "if we do not make it out of the first round, it will not doom soccer in the USA...." MLS will not fold next week if we get thrashed by Italy and crash out of the tournament. That said, I am dying for a win on Sat.

I'm thinking back to my first USA game, in 1984 in St. Louis, and although I fully realize that we have come a LONG, LONG way from the days when we had to play the minnows in qualifying, i.e. The Netherlands Antillies, and in front of meager crowds, (about 5,000 fans at the Soccer Park in Fenton, MO) I hope that YanksFC is right.

Bryan

5. YanksFC

YanksFC Member

Feb 3, 2000
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yesterday was my first viewing at Radio Radio, and I really enjoyed it. Tufty, the owner, has a great spread there, complete with two huge hi-def televisions. If I had to guess, I'd say that we had around 75 people there to watch the game. Great atmosphere, great venue. I'll be there on Thursday morning for the Ghana match, so I hope to meet some other BigSoccer folks.

6. Bobethy

Bobethy New Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Indianapolis, IN
    First, I would like to thank the Brugge Brasserie folks for the Great Time, great food and great beer. For those who have not been there, the food is excellent, the beer is good, and the atmosphere was great. Because you are one of the handful of soccer freindly places in Indy, you not only get my thanks, but my future patronage.

YanksFC, it was good to meet you and a lot of other people. Sorry I missed the Italy game - quality time with my daughter. I scared the crap out of her and the dog on the Beasley non-goal.

I will catch you guys at Radio Radio on Thursday! Anyone know when it opens?

Bobethy

7. YanksFC

YanksFC Member

Feb 3, 2000
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Great to meet you, too.

I imagine that the place will be open 20 mins to a half hour before kick-off. usa1950, who you met at Brugge, will be there along with me. So will hangthadj.

8. slhilbert

slhilbert New Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Noblesville

My wife, my brother and I are going to be at Radio, Radio on Thursday for the big game. Glad I found this thread because we don't have cable and really needed a place to watch the game.

What sort of food and beverages can we expect at Radio, Radio?

Stuart

9. YanksFC

YanksFC Member

Feb 3, 2000
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Food - Pizza and sandwiches.

Beverages - You name it, they probably have it.

10. Brugge Brasserie

Brugge Brasserie New Member

Jun 11, 2006
    I'll be watching the US match at Brugge if anybody would like to join me.

That was a joke. We'll be fine up here in BR.

I don't know what Tufty has planned for the match as far as food goes, but we'll have scrambled egg crepes, sausage crepes, artichoke crepes, coffee and fine beers.

Go USA!!!

Ted

Luftansa Air is doing something or other today during England at Brugge. I know it's my place and all, but they weren't real specific. I know I get a foosball table out of the deal for my kids.

11. Bobethy

Bobethy New Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Indianapolis, IN
    Cool, see you guys there. I'll be wearing the Donovan jersey, so I should be easy to pick out! ;)

Bobethy

12. slhilbert

slhilbert New Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Noblesville
    My wife is a sucker for Crepes and let's face it... she is going to be making the final decision.

Stuart

13. YanksFC

YanksFC Member

Feb 3, 2000
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    You can't go wrong at Brugge, Stuart. Ted and company have a great set up there, and the beer and food are excellent.

14. slhilbert

slhilbert New Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Noblesville

If I can't go wrong going to Brugge... then I won't go wrong.

It will be myself and 2 or 3 other people at Brugge's around 9:40 A.M. Looking forward to it!

GO USA

Stuart

15. goalpdl

goalpdl Member

Jun 6, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brugge is a great place to watch the games.

I have been going there just for the atmosphere and the beer is good too. It is run by a Dynamo Coach. We watched the US Italy game Saturday and I was hoarse when I left. It was fun!

16. girlygirl

girlygirl New Member

Jul 6, 2006
    Where is everyone going for the final match? My friends and I would like to go to a bar/pub where other soccer fans are as well. The more the merrier?!

17. YanksFC

YanksFC Member

Feb 3, 2000
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I don't know how big the crowd will be at Radio Radio for the final, but that's where I'm headed. For the USA matches, the place was pretty full. I would bet on a pretty decent crowd at Brugge Brasserie, too.

18. oneforthemoney

oneforthemoney BigSoccer Yellow Card

Dec 6, 2004
    NYC
  19. YanksFC

YanksFC Member

Feb 3, 2000
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Many thanks to Brugge and Radio Radio for doing a great job of hosting match viewings. It was great to see so many Naptowners interested in the Beautiful Game. What a refreshing change!

20. oneforthemoney

oneforthemoney BigSoccer Yellow Card

Dec 6, 2004
    NYC