World Cup Travel- Salvador

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by byucougars, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Raul_Fearce

Raul_Fearce Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I wish i had of known about this game before i booked all my flights:

Australia will play Croatia in an international friendly match taking place on the evening of Friday 6th June 2014 at Pituaçu Stadium in Salvador, Brazil.
    Australia is the first team to arrive in Brazil. Croatia will also arrive as one of the first teams into Brazil and will play Australia ahead of its first match, the opening game of the World Cup itself, against hosts Brazil!
    The two teams last met on the Group F final match at the World Cup in Germany in 2006 when Australia qualified to round of 16.
    Tickets can be bought online at
    www.ingressofacil.com or from the following locations:
    Directly from the Pituaçu Stadium in Salvador (Ticket office 2), Casa Tricolor Capemi (Shopping Capemi), Casa Tricolor Bela Vista (Shopping Bela Vista), Casa Tricolor (Shopping Paralela), Loja do Leão (Shopping Lapa), Estação Rubro-Negra (Shopping Salvador Norte) and Loja Leão da Barra (Shopping Barra)

2. Victorius Secret

Oct 30, 2013
    Liverpool, England
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    That makes two of us!

3. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you think it will be hot and humid? Some sites are claiming the weather might be cold. I was really hoping to hang out in shorts for the duration.

4. byucougars

byucougars Member

Nov 3, 2013
    Provo, Utah
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Haha. Cold?! Nope. It will be "colder" than normal, but it will stay above 75 degrees. When you are there it will most likely be in the low 80s. However, it will rain a lot more than normal so be prepared for storms.

If you go south to Porto Alegre or Florianopolis it will be cooler.

os_mutante repped this.
  5. nnk123

nnk123 New Member

Jun 7, 2010
    We are ariving in Salvador on June 19 for France-Switzerland game before moving on to other places...
    Any advice on 1) getting from the airport to the hotel by taxi (Hotel Mercure Salvador Boulevard)
    2) getting to the stadium 3) moving around the city.
    We are there for 3 days only including the game day so want to see as much as possible in a short period of time.
    Any advice is greatly appreciated!

6. lucasc

lucasc Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Brazil
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
    Let me tell you a little tale of Salvador.
    One day I was watching TV, a couple years after leaving the city, when a report came on talking about how winter had hit Salvador, in one of the coldest days in quite some time, and everyone was taking their jackets off the wardrobe. Several shots of people wearing scarfs and squeezing their body as if they were freezing.
    In the end, they finally said the temperature that day: 20ºC (68ºF).

Aquarela and os_mutante repped this.
  7. byucougars

byucougars Member

Nov 3, 2013
    Provo, Utah
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    lol. sooooo true. Salvador is as hot as anywhere in Brazil.

8. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to hear. I wasn't built for cold weather.

9. Dan17

Dan17 Member

Nov 19, 2013

This is cracking me up, thanks for that anecdote.

10. Paul Ryu

Paul Ryu Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I have for sale 4 x Bosnia vs Iran Cat2 tickets. Anybody interested? I can mail or meet in Salvador

11. IgorTLeite

IgorTLeite New Member

Jun 3, 2014
    10 SAFETY TIPS FOR WORLDCUP TOURISTS IN RECIFE-PE, BRAZIL - FROM A BRAZILIAN COP

(10 DICAS DE SEGURANÇA PARA TURISTAS NA COPA DO MUNDO EM RECIFE-PE)

1) Stay in a group. Always walk with other tourists or brazilian friends when going to events and touristic spots. You will feel safer and BE safer.

2) Be aware of pickpockets! Do not carry your belongings or wallet in an open or easily accessible pocket or purse. If possible, use a device similiar to the one in image 1.

3) Do not carry large amounts of money in your pocket or wallet, opting for credit cards or travellers check.

4) Do not carry your original documents to big crowds or events. Remember you can have a difficult time getting back home without your passport.

5) If possible, avoid places with big crowds and, if caught inside a tumult, run to an open space and look for the nearest police officer (images 2 and 3).

6) Using your camera or expensive eletronic devices in places without police officers may attract thefts. Using a slim camera can be a smart choice. Same tip for jewellery.

7) If you are being victim of a crime, immediately call 190 and ask for help. You can also search for the nearest police officer. If you lose your documents or need to register a crime that already occurred, go to the nearest police station.

8) If you rent a car, it is smart to keep your windows closed - when in traffic, and not to leave expensive belongings visible inside a parked vehicle. Always look for the safest place to park.

9) If you party and drink, it is good to have a sober friend look after you and your belongings. Never pick a fight and remember you are visiting a country and people that deserve respect. Remember driving after drinking alcohol is ilegal in Brazil and you can go to jail.

10) We live in a city with very hot weather. If you are not use to it, water and sunblock lotions are your best friends.

Brazilian are very friendly people and we are delighted to have you here during the Worldcup. Police officers all around the country are working hard so you can have the safest and greatest time ever. But I warn you... We are going to be the worldcup champions! :)

If you need more tips or advice on safety and police in Recife, please ask on facebook (www.facebook.com/igorleitedelegado), using email igorleitepcpe@hotmail.com or even by phone +558194887171. As a Sheriif I will be happy to help as much as possible.

IGOR LEITE
    (Sheriff at Polícia Civil de Pernambuco)

PeteAUFC repped this.
  12. PDXsoccer

PDXsoccer New Member

May 3, 2014
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Haha. I think a small travel umbrella is going to be my friend. Isn't humidity like 80% too? I see by Accuweather they're expecting rain and high 70's/low 80's...and rain.

13. PeteAUFC

PeteAUFC New Member

Jun 2, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Thanks for the feedback on Hotel Piramide - Dois de Julho (thought it's not what I was hoping to hear!!). I've booked for a week and it looks like it's non-refundable, but if I was able to cancel and avoid paying for it, does anyone know of any other affordable accommodation for a week (Mon 30th June to checkout on Mon 7th July) in a decent location for seeing sights/taking in the matches at the stadium/going to fan fest for other games in Salvador that would still have availability?!

Just looking for something basic and safe, with a double/twin room. Would be happy to consider B&Bs, hostels, pousadas or whatever!!!

Cheers,
    Pete

14. KyleArmy

KyleArmy New Member

Mar 14, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hi mate,

I'm selling 2x cat3 tickets to this game if you're interested. Face value! Let me know...

15. Aquarela

Aquarela Member

May 21, 2014
    Lauro de Freitas, BA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the other hand, weather report today for Sao Paulo: 8 degrees Celsius, or around 46 degrees Fahrenheit. And below freezing in the south.

16. Simon Overall

Simon Overall Member

Sydney FC
    Australia
    May 7, 2014
    Sydney
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Not according to the BBC..

17. Aquarela

Aquarela Member

May 21, 2014
    Lauro de Freitas, BA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Pete, have you already tried this site? https://www.airbnb.com.br/rooms

PeteAUFC repped this.
  18. lucasc

lucasc Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Brazil
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
    I don't know about today, but yesterday it was 11ºC. Still pretty cold in my book.

19. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to have to rethink the wardrobe I'm packing. I hadn't give it much thought and was thinking I'd be in shorts, t-shirts and football jerseys most of the time. I was going to bring 2 or 3 pairs of shorts and one pair of jeans and maybe a light jacket. Now I'm thinking 1 pair of shorts and more long pants and maybe even a heavier jacket?

11ºC is COLD...I'm not used to temps like that, and that's up north in Salvador. I'm spending a lot of time in Rio and SP too. Time to think about which jacket to pack.

20. lucasc

lucasc Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Brazil
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
    #720 lucasc, Jun 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
    11ºC was in SP, not in Salvador lol. Salvador never even had this temperature, ever. In history.
    Lowest temperature ever measured in Salvador was 16.8ºC, almost 100 years ago.

21. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh ok, I misunderstood! Still, I need to pack some warmer clothes. Maybe even a hat for my shiny bald head!

22. albutt27

albutt27 Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard they cancelled the planned Carnaval for next weekend. What's up with that? Budget constraints I suppose. Canaval would have been amazing.

23. lucasc

lucasc Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Brazil
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
    It was. The city hall didn't allow it to be done in the usual way Carnaval is (private companies sell shirts that allow you to follow 'blocos') because that wouldn't benefit the local population, and not enough companies agreed to sponsor an open party.

albutt27 repped this.
  24. gallis1

gallis1 Member

Sep 23, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    I'm interested in a single cat 2 or 3 ticket for this game. Please send me a message with price. I arrive in Salvador on 17 June.

25. PeteAUFC

PeteAUFC New Member

Jun 2, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I hadn't seen this site yet - thanks for the info, I'll take a look now! :D