World Cup Travel - São Paulo

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by PabloSanDiego, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Leica

Leica Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Guys.. kinda off topic, but someone in the whatsapp group mentioned that he was quoted $86 for one load of laundry (wash + dry). What is the laundry situation? In the US, self service laundry is $2 to $3 for both wash/dry. How do the brazilians deal with it?

2. Bowen Mcgregor

Jun 21, 2014
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    I work near to the Paulista, send me what stickers do you need and i look if i have. You can look at the "Conjunto Nacional" at the AvenidaPaulista, somedays a few collectors trade stickers in front a geek store.

3. Bowen Mcgregor

Jun 21, 2014
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Shaysal you have two ways:

- take a taxi, will be fast, without traffic you will reach near the Stadium in half hour, is expensive: R$ 120-150 (prepaid when you ask the taxi cab);

- Airport Bus Service Line - you will drop off at the Estação Tatuapé - you can take the "Express Line 11 Coral" if your tickets are for "Lado Leste" and drop at "Estação Corinthians-Itaquera" or you can take the "Red Line" and drop of at "Estação Arthur Alvim" for the "Lado Oeste".

Ashan Rama repped this.
  4. Ashan Rama

Ashan Rama Member

Feb 18, 2014
    how about getting to the stadium from CGH? any ideas please?

5. lucasc

lucasc Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Brazil
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
    Taxi to São Judas station, get the blue line up to Sé (Oeste entrance) or Luz (Leste entrance), change to Red Line up to Arthur Alvin (Oeste entrance) or to Express Line to Corinthians-Itaquera (Leste entrance).

Ashan Rama repped this.
  6. lucasc

lucasc Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Brazil
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
    Are you sure you can get the Express Line at Estação Tatuapé? It's an express line, after all. I don't remember it stopping anywhere but the stadium on the first leg.

EDIT: Yep, confirmed it, it isn't stopping at Tatuapé. He'd have to get the Red Line like people going to the Oeste entrance but drop off at Corinthians-Itaquera instead of Arthur Alvin.

7. Bowen Mcgregor

Jun 21, 2014
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Lucas, there two different things:

"Expresso Copa" - is departing from "Estação Luz" and go straight to "Estação Corinthians-Itaquera", he is working on the Express Line 11 Coral, but you still can take the "regular" train of the Express Line 11 Coral, he departs from Estação da Luz and stops at "Estação Brás", "Estação Tatuapé" and after "Estação Corinthians-Itaquera".

lucasc repped this.
  8. morecast

morecast Member

Mar 11, 2014
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    Univ Catolica
    Actually the taxi from GRU costs R$96. I quoted with guarucoop last week.
    The best alternative is to take a special bus form Airport Bus Service that goes directly to Arena Corinthians from GRU. It costs R$36.50 and it departs every 15 min on mach days. Did this last monday and it toook 30 min to get to the stadium.

Kempa repped this.
  9. thunder83

thunder83 Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Had the same problem in Belo Horizonte today! Went to a lavenderia and they were asking 300reais for our loundry!

Found a laundromat later and paid 25 for wash and dry!

10. lucasc

lucasc Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Brazil
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
    Lavanderias are kind of a luxury item here, almost no one uses them unless it's for some expensive clothing.

11. Leica

Leica Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    What about self service laundromat? How do the average Brazilians do laundry?

12. lucasc

lucasc Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Brazil
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
    Cheaper, but even as uncommon. Almost everyone has a washing machine and does laundry at home.

13. Plumber

Plumber New Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Sent you a message. Thanks

14. christianeck

christianeck Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Club:
    Zvezda BGU Minsk
    Hi! I want to know if it is possible to take a taxi easy from the arena corinthians to GRU Airport, I have 4 houes between the end of the match and the flight departure. Can someone help me? What is the best I have to do?

15. Mochileira

Mochileira Member

May 23, 2014
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Cheap laundries are more common in residential areas. Is a different kind than those luxury ones but not so easy to find. When I move to central SP I use to bring my clothes to wash in a small laundry in "Rua Peixoto Gomilde". It was like 5 reais but I had to do it by myself.

16. Leica

Leica Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Thanks for the post. Yes, I am looking for those "do it yourself" kinda places. Are there any near Ave Paulista?

17. xmascarol

xmascarol New Member

Jun 26, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hi everyone! Does anybody know where US fans are meeting to watch the game today? I'm staying in the
    Higienópolis area and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

18. MattC

MattC Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    A quick question: I'm taking the metro to today's game. Would I be wise to buy 2 x single trip tickets on my way to the game (I.e. Pre-purchase one for the return journey)?

19. Kempa

Kempa Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Washington Suburbs
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yes.

MattC and lucasc repped this.
  20. paul23

paul23 Member

Jun 19, 2014
    they are at MASP

21. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    São Paulo was great today. Very well organised and smooth

Took bus 257 from the airport to tatupe for R4.50. I used the metro to vist the museum of football paulista stop and then to the stadium. After the game I took the metro for a few stops then got a cab to the airport. Very well run just like rio.

There is a large shopping centre near the stadium with a big food court. Much cheaper and nicer to eat there.

22. NordicStriker19

Apr 21, 2005
    Essex Junction, VT
    Hey all,

Traveling to SP on Sunday morning. Two questions:

1) What's the best/cheapest way to get from CGH to Vila Madalena area?

2) Will there be a meet-up to watch the Belgium v. USA game on Tuesday near the stadium? I am going to the Argentina v. Switzerland match at 1pm and want to be able to make it over to a bar in time for the 4pm kick-off. Anyone else in the same predicament?

23. Kempa

Kempa Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Washington Suburbs
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Answer to question 1:

Best is taking a taxi, especially on Sunday as there is less traffic. A taxi from CGH to Vila Madalena should cost about R$40 to R$50, and should take 20-25 minutes.

Cheapest is taking bus to Paraiso Metro, taking Metro green line to Vila Madalena, and walking the last km to the bar area. This will cost less than R$5, but will take 1.5 hours. Additionally, it is not as easy.

24. RozyAltidore

RozyAltidore New Member

Jun 21, 2014
    My group is also looking for a place to watch US after the game Tuesday. Any suggestions?

25. MattC

MattC Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Exactly what I wanted; succinct yet great advice. Thanks!