World Cup Travel - Rio de Janeiro

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by PabloSanDiego, Jan 22, 2014.

1. massi83

massi83 Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Anyone have any ideas for accommodation during the final. Any of our resident cariocas want to make some extra? I am here in rio until 5.7., and then come back on the 12th. There are 2 of us. Looking for 2 nights 12-14.

2. Rominger

Rominger Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Apr 17, 2014
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Wish I could help, but with a baby in the house there isn´t space anymore

massi83 repped this.
  3. Gerghana

Gerghana Member

Apr 3, 2014
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    Yes, I was there for COL-URU in the very last row and indeed it is a great experience to have such an amazing panoramic view of such a great stadium. But now that I have had the experience, I would simply like to be closer to the pitch and experience a different angle.

The concern about fake tickets is obviously justified but I reckon the switch could be done once both parties have cleared all the 17 security lines and are in, then other people just have the upper view and more money and I am closer to the pitch and can go streaking (....or not)

4. tRucHo-

tRucHo- Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Dallas, Tx
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Has anyone heard where they are showing Messi documentary movie that premiers today in rio?

5. LucaF82

LucaF82 New Member

May 19, 2014
    Hi
    I'm after 2-4 tickets for match 58 in rio on 04 July.
    If you have any please contact me. Happy to pay a little extra but nothing to over the top.
    Thanks

6. rayray2018

rayray2018 New Member

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Willing to buy 2 tickets to the France v Germany game in Rio on July 4th. Currently in Rio, can meet to pick up

7. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Anyone planning on going to Paraty? I have round trip bus tickets I can't use as I canceled my plans due to back problems. If anyone wants them. Free of charge. They are for July 5 with a return of July 8 but I'm sure you could exchange them.

8. Ricardo N

Ricardo N Member

Sporting Cristal
    Peru
    Jun 11, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I have two Category 1 tickets for Argentina - Belgium in Brasilia... I am in Rio. Best offer takes them!!! whatsapp +12134002102

9. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    looking for 2 tickets to match 58. let me know fans only no scalpers. if anyone has the two extras, I will sell you my 1 extra for 62.

10. ljpdb

ljpdb Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Houston
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi guys... I'll be in Rio next week. Any idea where the folks from this forum are gathering up during that week?

11. db1709

db1709 Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I just want to say what a magnificent time I had in Rio! Don't know why I was so worried and scared about going there.

Initially I was a little edgy walking around Ipanema, but quickly settled and had an absolute blast. Brazilians really are the most beautiful people around!

12. jfk21

jfk21 New Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    After selling 4 tickets already I am left with 2 more for the rio qf game Germany vs France ..they too are cat 3 tickets .. I can meet you in copacabana in the evening or at sdu airport in the afternoon ..
    All tickets were bought through an agency in the US at a price of 700 usd, so ok to resell at the same price.. Lemme know if needed..

13. Flying Nugget

Flying Nugget Member

Jun 12, 2014
    I'll buy. PM me.

14. Dareduck

Dareduck New Member

Jun 6, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Looking for the M58 tickets at any category. We are in Copacabana right next to the fan fest so we are ready to meet. Not looking to pay a 1000 euros each that those a-holes were offering earlier.

15. Ricardo N

Ricardo N Member

Sporting Cristal
    Peru
    Jun 11, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I have one ticket for match 58. CAT 1 400 Level Germany - France. My own ticket. Will show proof. Whatsapp. +12134002102

16. jamfactoryken

jamfactoryken Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Exeter, England
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Dickwad!!

17. I Chen

I Chen Member

Atlético Madrid
    Germany
    May 12, 2014
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have one spare ticket to match 59, cat 1, selling lower than original price, $300 each. I'm in Rio now, but I can mail the ticket too. Please let me know!

18. prince6666

prince6666 Member

May 31, 2010
    Hamburg
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have the following tickets. Only exchange tomorrow at GIG either at 10:30h (until 10:45h) or after 18:00h (until 20:30h):
    1×Cat. 1, match 59, The Netherlands vs. Costa Rica
    1xCat. 3, match 60, Argentina vs. Belgium
    1xCat. 1, match 61. Semi final, Belo Horizonte.
    At minimum for face value. If higher bidder there o.k.
    But exchange onky in person and only tomorrow 04.07. at GIG airport.
    My e-mail: prince66@web.de
    Thanks

19. borrie

borrie New Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Hey, if it is possible could someone add me to the whatsapp group? My name is Jono and my number is +61404383349. Thanks

20. Martin NYC

Martin NYC Member

Dec 25, 2013
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hola, amigos. I am looking for accommodation for two adults in Rio on July 13th, the day of the final. Finding a decent hotel seems impossible. Perhaps someone here has a reservation but had friends drop out? Any info would be appreciated. Good luck, everyone!

21. Mikeevil

Mikeevil New Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Ill be in rio for the 13th somenone have plans to meet up?

22. massi83

massi83 Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Try airbnb, i found a couple good places.

Martin NYC repped this.
  23. jamfactoryken

jamfactoryken Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Exeter, England
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    BTW forgot to say. Love Royksopp. Top band. Eple, marvellous, but really really like frequencies.

24. ljpdb

ljpdb Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Houston
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anyone visited Tijuca Forest? what tour company did you use? do you recommend it?

25. dejet

dejet New Member

Apr 29, 2014
    I will be in Rio also. Are there any meetups planned?